Chapter 76: Doomsday? No, Doomsnight

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The prom was well on its way to becoming a successful evening. Music was booming, feet were tapping away and tears were falling from the nostalgic pictures that passed along the screens. Seohyun And Yoona had come a long way from being homeless orphans. They were top students with bright futures, but not only that, they were incredible superheroes that defended the city they adored. Speaking of superheroes, another super duo had just snuck their way into the venue through an opened window from the top roof. Taeyeon entered the opened window first and then kindly assisted her lovely girlfriend through. “Wow, we made it? Genuinely thought we’d be late.” Tiffany sighed in relief.

“I told you I knew where I was going.” Taeyeon smirked.

“Well excuse me for doubting you TaeTae. It’s not like you were going one direction for hours and suddenly turned the other direction...” Tiffany sighed.

“I may have taken a wrong turn here and there... but that doesn’t matter now, we got here and that’s all that matters now. We even had time to get dressed.” Taeyeon laughed.

“And thank goodness for that because you look incredibly charming,” Tiffany added. Taeyeon had shown up with a typically male ensemble, but that didn’t stop her from stealing the spotlight. She dawned an oxford blue fedora which was accompanied by an Oxford blue jacket and pants. For her inner shirt, she had a sleek white collared polo that had a continuous red and blue pattern. For her tie, it was an elegantly decorated tie with a solid wine-red backing to the designs. The decorated, wine-red tie not only contrasted well with her oxford blue attire, it also matched perfectly with Tiffany’s wine-red dress. Tiffany’s dress wasn’t too complicated, just a beautiful silk dress with folded layers beneath the waist.  It may have been simple, but in combination with Tiffany’s natural beauty, it was a match made in heaven. The duo had entered the venue through the window which leads to a series of catwalks that were still high up along the ceiling. Tiffany walked towards the ledge and stared at the beautiful lights, the booming sounds and the partying students beneath her feet. A tear was slowly sliding down along Tiffany’s flawless skin. She never attended her prom, in fact, she barely attended school at all during their last few months of high school. She only just managed to graduate and from then on she disappeared from the sight of her friends. There were many things she didn’t regret when she was Black Witch, but pushing away her friends, prematurely ending her high school life was definitely a regret now. She regretted all the selfish acts that the black soul stone had brought out from her. She doesn’t deny the fact that there truly was darkness within her, but maybe, just maybe if she had kept her friends close, she may never have gone too far into the dark side and started as true hero. Not a terrifying vigilante.

 

Taeyeon could easily tell what was going through Tiffany’s mind. How could she not when everything that happened to Tiffany was her fault. The black soul stone she acquired had only appeared because of her, Tiffany’s anger had only been amplified because of her sudden leave and finally, this had all happened because she promised that she would never hurt Tiffany. Taeyeon should have been more careful with becoming so close with Tiffany early on, after all it's those closest to us that can cause the most pain, but just like any loved one in our lives, she not only had the power to bring loneliness upon Tiffany's life, Taeyeon had the ultimate power to bring her joy as well. Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany from behind, and wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s chest. The back hug was warm, not just physically but emotionally. It cushioned Tiffany’s heavy thoughts and allowed her to breathe smoothly. “Thank you, TaeTae. Thank you for everything.” Tiffany smiled.

“This is only the beginning Fany, I have so much more to give to you. You deserve the world and eventually, you’ll have it.” Taeyeon smiled back.

“What if…” Tiffany stopped herself as her face was flushed with a deep red shade.

“What if?” Taeyeon persisted.

“Nah, just forget about it. It’s too cheesy.” Tiffany laughed with embarrassment.

“Aish, Fany-ah, whatever it is you have to say I want to hear it. Come on.” Taeyeon held on to her tighter than before to ensure her sincerity was felt. Tiffany released a deep breath she had been withholding for a few seconds and continued her initial sentence. “What if… you’re my world TaeTae? Does that mean, I’ll eventually have you for myself?” Tiffany shyly finished. Taeyeon mentally agreed this was one of the cheesiest things she had ever heard in her entire life. It took mental willpower like no other to laugh at Tiffany’s question, but I guess Taeyeon just didn’t have it in her. Taeyeon’s ahjumma laugh was out and there was no turning back. Of course, Tiffany felt extremely embarrassed at this point, her continuous smacks against Taeyeon’s shoulder only intensified this notion. Luckily for Taeyeon, she could never resist that laugh. “YAH!! I told you it was cheesy, and you still laugh? You’re too much KIM TAEYEON!!” Tiffany squealed.

“Sorry, Fany-ah… I’m really…” Taeyeon was still laughing and she had only now begun to calm herself.

“Fany-ah I’m sorry for laughing. The reason why I laughed was that I’m already incredibly whipped by you. You already own me Fany, tell me to bow, I’d get down on my knees. If you told me to beg, I’d be praying for mercy. If you…” Tiffany shoved her hand in front of Taeyeon’s mouth, she couldn’t handle any more of Taeyeon’s suggestions.

“Yah, this isn’t the time and place for this kind of confession TaeTae.” Tiffany moved towards Taeyeon’s ear, her breath sent tingles down Taeyeon’s spine.

“Tell me more later… when we check into a hotel room…” her husky voice was enough to make Taeyeon go insane, both of them knew that the night wouldn’t end that easily, but once everything was done, why not treat themselves to a night at a fancy hotel? After all, if they survive this night, they deserve whatever they damn well pleased.

 

*Meanwhile at the museum*

 

Elder Cosmic’s master plan was almost underway, the girls they had taken hostage were all surrounding the mystic lamp. In a few moments, this lamp would open their world to the ethereal realm and one of the mighty divinities will be released from their slumber. Reaper looked around the museum and noticed no one else was there. It was late at night, so it was obvious that the facility was closed, but that didn’t explain why Mage 01 had yet to appear. “Elder, where is Mage 01?” Reaper questioned.

“Don’t concern yourself with him, the little you know the better. It won’t matter anyway, he’s of no use to me anymore. There will be a sacrifice tonight, but it won’t be Mage 01.” Elder Cosmic smiled and turned towards Irene. “Soon my true heir will appear before me, such a shame she won’t live long enough to see my ultimate goal succeed.” Elder Cosmic thought.

 

*Back at the Prom*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany had made it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter