Chapter 62: I'm Not Afraid!

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Sunny were ready to journey off to the outskirts of town and begin the interrogation that could make or break their current war efforts. There were about to go and see King for the very first time since they had sent him after the fiasco just a few months ago. They had no doubts this wasn’t going to be a simple operation. King was a tricky person and would often sway the conversation in the direction that he desired. So Taeyeon and Sunny would have to be on their toes. Although this was true, Sunny felt confident about it since King wouldn’t be able to lie with her around. She would see through every little lie and if it got really desperate, she could just read his mind for what they needed. Tiffany was obviously still quite concerned about their meeting with King since she knew he couldn’t be trusted, but Taeyeon continued to reassure her that everything would go well. “Fany, don’t worry. Nothing is going to happen. He has no magic, he’s locked up in solitary confinement and most of all, if he wants the world to keep on spinning, he’s going to need to tell us what we need.” Taeyeon stated.

“He’s crazy TaeTae. How do you even know he cares whether the world ends or not?” Tiffany questioned.

“Remember Fany, his main goal is to rule the world. If there’s no world left to rule he would have no purpose. So I’m sure he cares about the world in his own twisted way.” Taeyeon laughed. Tiffany didn’t laugh, she was much too concerned about Taeyeon. For some reason, she couldn’t help but think this was some sort of trap by Elder Cosmic or Mage 01. She had this raging gut feeling that something wasn’t going to go well today and that King would definitely be the cause of some major mishap. Sunny could read the rising stress levels within Tiffany and decided to comfort her telepathically. “Tiff, I’m going to be with Tae the entire time. I’m going to be reading King’s mind as soon as we step foot into his cell, nothing is going to happen so you can relieve your worries.” Sunny ensured.

“I… I just have a feeling Sunny. King is a mastermind, he would have foreseen this conversation. He’s not going to give you guys what he wants until he gets something out of it.” Tiffany stated.

“You leave the negotiation part to us. What’s the worst he could do? Ask us to set him free? Like Taeyeon would ever be stupid enough to do that.” Sunny laughed. Tiffany glanced over at Sunny standing by the doorway and gave her a faint smile. She wasn’t a hundred percent comfortable, but it would have to do for now.

 

The short duo said their goodbyes and made their way to the prison. Although Sunny had disagreed with the idea initially, she had no choice but to wear a conjured outfit by Taeyeon since she couldn’t let her identity be known either. Taeyeon opted for the same orange style costume instead of green to make sure that the police officers didn’t worry that she could be one of King’s minions there to free him. When they reached the prison they were met with countless armed guards pointing their rifles directly at the two orange figures. Fortunately for the short duo, one of those men appointed to watch over the prison that housed King was none other than Choi Siwon. “Vermilion? Wow, what a surprise. What are you doing over here?” Siwon questioned.

“We need to talk to King about a few new problems. Would that be alright?” Taeyeon questioned. Siwon took a quick look around to see the rest of the guards still pointing their weapons. He raised his hands to signal them to cease and most of them were quite reluctant to do so. “Hmm, Vermilion you know I trust you with my life. But this is going against the common procedure. We shouldn’t allow fully covered, masked visitors in case you're trying to sneak some sort of weapon in. So the best I can do is to let you in there for only a few hours. If someone on the higher ladder sees me doing this I could lose my job, but I know this must be important so I’ll do my best to give you at least two hours.” Siwon reasoned.

“No worries that should be plenty of time. Thank you so much, Siwon.” Taeyeon smiled. Siwon escorted them through the building and they finally reached King’s personal cell. Like usual, he was doing countless chin-ups on the bars of his bed and exposed his tattoo-less back to the short duo. Siwon slowly opened the door and cleared his throat to get King’s attention. He ceased his chin-ups but didn’t turn around to face Siwon’s little cough. “You have visitors. This can only be two hours, so keep it brief.” Siwon nodded to the girls and headed out towards the entrance of the room to stand guard.

 

King immediately dropped down after hearing Siwon leave the room and all he could do was laugh at the familiar scent of Vermilion fill his room. “So mate, you finally come to visit aye? You know, I was beginning to think you forgot about me.” King laughed.

“I remember you when it’s useful. Like when we need to know something that no one else could possibly know.” Taeyeon stated

“Ah, come here for a bit of information? You do know that information is one of my most valued possessions. Even more so when you locked me up in this hole.” King replied.

“We’ll be needing some of that valuable information, particularly, stuff about Mage 01 and telepaths,” Taeyeon explained. King finally turned to face them and raised an eyebrow up to the sky from his curiosity. “So you already know this much? What could I possibly have left to tell you, mate?” King questioned.

“We know what Mage 01 is but we don’t know how he does it. We need you to explain that.” Sunny stated.

“Oh, really? And why not you? You’re the only telepath in this room if I’m not mistaken. Why is it you can’t tell how Mage 01’s powers work?” King smiled.

“I have no pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter