Chapter 58: Elder Cosmic's Heir

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Back at King’s Solitary Confinement cell on the outskirts of New York City*

 

Mage 01 entered the cell while staring directly at King’s ripped back. The emerald dragon that had once engulfed his entire upper back had begun to fade and by now only half of it truly remained. Mage 01 had never seen this before, but it was obvious what it had meant. The king conjure powers that King had forcibly taken from the soul were beginning to fade from his command and soon, he would no longer be the owner of the emerald dragon king conjure power. “Your back, the dragon’s almost gone.” Mage 01 informed King.

“Well, well, how long has it been, mate? Since we last saw one another.” King asked without even turning to face Mage 01.

“I don’t have time for small talk King. I need answers.” Demanded Mage 01.

“Well, go ahead and ask your questions, but you already know, I don’t handout information so easily.” King finally turned to him with a smile on his face.

“I heard rumors about you King. About you and Kim. He had a family, didn’t he? He sacrificed himself to save them and to make sure that you didn’t kill them. Now tell me who his heir is.” Mage 01 asked. King merely laughed at Mage 01’s demands since he knew exactly why he would be asking this. Although summoning divinities wasn’t a common practice, King knew exactly how it worked since he did plan to do it a few times in his life. He ultimately decided against it though since the risks were much too high for his liking. King was a calculated man, in the end, he would always get what he wanted and this situation was definitely swaying in his favor. “She told you, didn’t she? She told you that a loyal sacrifice will be needed to command the divinity. Well, good luck with that mate, as far as I’m concerned, this your problem and yours alone.” King continued to laugh.

“Oh yeah? Well, what happens when Elder Cosmic finally summons the divinity? Whose problem will that be then?” Mage 01 asked.

“Well, you see mate, at that point, we all die. You coming here has destroyed your loyalty to her, you’ve betrayed her without even knowing it. As a result, when she summons the divinity and sacrifices you, her wish won’t be paid for and the divinity will destroy this world.” King explained.

“If the entire Earth is destroyed then it does concern you!!” Mage 01 yelled.

“Why would it? Think about it mate, my end goal is to rule as a King, if there’s nothing but a desolate wasteland to rule, why would I care about defeating the divinity?” King questioned.

“Enough!! Did Kim have a child or not King!? ANSWER ME!!!” Mage 01 screamed. King lunged forward towards Mage 01 and as a reflex, Mage 01 had frozen King into place right before he had made contact. “Elder Cosmic lied about you. You’re still the same bloody coward I met years ago. Rely on your ty little gifts to survive.” King mocked.

“Says the one stuck in a box. Who’s really the hopeless and the powerless one?” Mage 01 questioned.

“As I see it, the fact that my plan to stop Elder Cosmic is still in play and I’ve done nothing but sit in a cell shows just how brilliant my mind is. You may have powers beyond magic mate, but without the brains to use them, without the strength to make the most out of them, what good are you really?” King questioned.

“SHUT UP!! My powers far exceed anything you’ve ever had! And as for your heroes, I’ve already corrupted one, sooner or later she’ll tear their teamwork apart and New York’s Magical quartet will no longer be around to stop it!” Mage 01 threatened.

“Which one did you corrupt might I ask?” King questioned.

“The enchanter.” Mage 01 answered truthfully. King burst out in laughter after hearing Mage 01’s reply. King didn’t personally know Seohyun, but from what he could tell, out of all of them, she had the least willpower to become a hero. Which meant, the strongest still remained and it would only be a matter of time until they found out what was going on with Seohyun. “Mate, you really are stupid! The one you corrupted means nothing to my plan. Sooner or later they’ll figure out what’s going on with her, then they’ll figure out it’s you and finally they’ll discover what you really are. So go ahead, try to stop them, but as far as I’m concerned you’re still on the losing end of the spectrum.” King laughed manically.

“What?? This can’t be? I already made one betray her own sister? The rest will fall apart. You’ll see!” Mage 01 ensured.

“You know what I find funny mate, the fact you think they’re weak enough to be tricked by your pathetic mind games. If they sense something is strange about one another, they won’t abandon the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter