Chapter 54: Im Sis Argument

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona and Seohyun were currently at school preparing their upcoming school prom. Of all their responsibilities as the new school presidents, this was their greatest task ye and definitely the most daunting. Most of the other events they had organized like talent quests, bake sales and other typical high school stuff received very little interest from the student body. Not because Yoona and Seohyun failed to create great events, but simply because people didn’t care about all that extra stuff, but prom was different. It mattered to everyone, even the people who claimed they didn’t give a about it were secretly preparing the most compared to everyone else. This was the event everyone had been waiting for at the start of the year and as a result, a lot of pressure was on Yoona and Seohyun to produce something worthy of their excitement. Also, because so many people were looking forward to prom, many people had countless ideas on what to add to the prom schedule. So many people had conflicting music tastes, food requirements, seating plans and all variety of other things they hoped to see at their prom, but a lot of them were just plain stupid. Seohyun didn’t like to disappoint the people with stupid suggestions by stating their ideas were dumb, but honestly and truly there were some outlandish suggestions. Like requesting that the prom venue be within a blimp, really? A blimp?? Lucky for Seohyun, Yoona wasn’t afraid to shut these delusional ideas down and she would simply tell them straight to their face. But because of all this preparation, Yoona and Seohyun had been so busy that they hadn’t been able to help Taeyeon and Tiffany out with the minor crimes still occurring in the city. Not that they needed the Im sisters’ help, but Yoona really wanted to lend them a hand. She missed the action, the thrill of taking out the bad guys. Of watching them run away, but knowing for sure she could easily catch them. She simply missed the feeling of being the fastest woman alive. However, Seohyun had warned her that they couldn’t use their powers while at school otherwise, people would find about their true identities, but Jackson already said to them that most of the student body already knew their secret. Many of them respected their privacy and simply just acknowledged them as the school presidents and their haters who also knew just couldn’t expect the fact and continually deny the possibility they’re heroes. Yoona saw no point in hiding when the student body already knew.

 

Yoona and Seohyun were about to have a student council meeting to finalize all the details for their school prom, but like usual, they were the first pair to show up to the meeting room. The rule was, the first person to enter the room would have to begin setting up the tables in chairs according to the roles of the council. Yoona looked at all the chaotic arrangement of chairs and knew that this would take ages to sort out… unless… “No, don’t even think about it.” Seohyun warned.

“But… no one’s around? No one’s going to see us, Seo. Please? You know I could do this before anyone enters the door. If not me, then you, you can easily position all the chairs and tables with a swipe of your hand. Why not just use it this once?” Yoona begged.

“Shush! You never know when someone’s coming.” Seohyun moved closer to Yoona so she could whisper.

“Look, if you were to expose yourself to the school to confirm what they already know Yoong, you’re going to put the school at risk. People like us, like Taeyeon and Tiffany Unnie, we’re targets. People challenge us because there’s always someone out there looking for a fight for domination. You know I’m right Yoong, we’ve both watched Dragonball Z and we both agreed that Goku was really the one attracting all the threats to Earth. We don’t want to attract danger to our school when we just finished dealing with one. Our job is to make sure that danger never ever returns, not to attract a new threat to feed your thirst for a fight Yoong.” Seohyun stated. Of course, Seohyun was right, but Yoona just couldn’t help but miss being part of something greater than school council. All the members of their school council finally arrived and an in-depth discussion finally commenced. Well, apparently it did, as far as Yoona was concerned, she didn’t even realized they had started. Her eyes were fixed against the clock, just begging for the long hand to pass twelve so she could leave this snore feast of a meeting. Seohyun, however, was deeply part of the conversation and for her time flew by quicker than a jet plane. When the bell did finally ring, Yoona was the first to get up and dash out the door, even though she would have to wait for Seohyun by the front gate anyway. She didn’t care though, she wanted to be out, to be free of the confinement of school and let her powers run wild.

 

Seohyun finally made it out of the school ten minutes after Yoona had reached the front gate. “Come on, let’s go.” Yoona began to move off in the direction of Sunny’s apartment when she noticed that Seohyun wasn’t moving with her.

“Seo, what’s wrong?” She asked.

“I… I don’t feel like going…” Seohyun nervously admitted.

“Wait, what? Why not?” Yoona stared at her with a strange look.

“We just finalized all the prom stuff, but it means now I’m going to have to schedule buying these things. Not to mention calling the venue, booking the place then booking the music and the catering companies and then…” Yoona cut her off with a slightly angry tone appearing in her voice.

“Are you for real right now??”

“Yoong, if you want to go then you can go, but I’m like… really busy with this.”

“It’s Yong Hwa isn’t it?” Yoona asked.

“What do you mean?” Seohyun blushed.

“All of this. The reason you’re trying so hard to make this prom perfect. It’s not because you want everyone to enjoy it, you just want to impress Yong Hwa.” Yoona stated. Seohyun couldn’t respond since Yoona was correct about most of her statement.

“You know, I understand you like this guy a lot, but I’m your sister. Don’t you care about my happiness too?” Yoona asked. A crowd was beginning to form around them now, these girls rarely fought so it was an interesting sight to behold.

“Yoong, can we discuss this somewhere else?” Seohyun suggested as the crowd was making her uncomfortable since the discussion was quite personal between Yoona and Seohyun.

“Fine. We’ll discuss it at home… When I get home tonight.” With that, Yoona dashed through the crowd and made her way towards Sunny’s apartment. The crowd was now silently whispering amongst themselves trying to solve what they were actually fighting about. “Aww poor Seo, left at the gate by her own sister.” Bae Suzy snickered.

“Wow, the rumors are true, Yoona really doesn’t love you as a sister.” Hyeri laughed.

“Yah! Back off!!” Yong Hwa cut in front of the two girls and hide Seohyun’s embarrassed face away. The crowd started to disperse when Yong Hwa got involved since none of them would wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter