Chapter 47: The Last Practice

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany finally returned to the other three who were practicing their own magic. Well, it was practice for Yoona and Seohyun, but in Taeyeon’s case it was more like playing a game of tag of having a casual school ground game to pass the time. This was how far apart their levels of powers were, but given the fact Taeyeon has had much longer to develop and even learnt the pinnacle of her magic, it wasn’t truly fair to compare them. Nevertheless, Taeyeon made it seem like Yoona and Seohyun’s intense practice session was merely child’s play. Tiffany could tell the Im sisters needed some help and quick because their training sessions usually involved some sort of time limit to hit Taeyeon. So Tiffany sprang into action and immediately dove into the fray to assist the two girls to land a hit on to Taeyeon. Tiffany spawned a flock of doves to swarm Taeyeon and since she wasn’t paying proper attention, Tiffany easily swarmed Taeyeon with her bright pink doves. Which technically counted as the single hit required to beat Taeyeon during their practice. “Yay! That means we win right?” Tiffany said as she gave off her signature eye smile while handing out high fives to the sisters.

“Yah! You can’t just in like that and call it a win… no fair.” Taeyeon pouted cutely.

“You expect the fight to be fair TaeTae, but sometimes it just doesn’t work like that.” Tiffany winked.

“Oooooh Fany-Unnie got you there Unnie!” Yoona laughed.

“Oh yeah? If the three of you really think you can take me on, then I guess it’s time for a little wager. Ten minutes, for ten whole minutes I won’t conjure a single offensive item. I’ll only dodge and evade your attacks, if you can land a single blow on me then, you all win free food from wherever you want. However, when the ten minutes are up and you still haven’t hit me, which is the likely outcome, I’ll be able to use any conjuration I choose.” Taeyeon smirked.

“We only get ten minutes??” Seohyun asked with concern.

“Aww, is it too short of a time Seo?” Taeyeon smiled confidently.

“No, what Seohyun actually mean was ten minutes is too long for us because we’ll take you out in just five.” Tiffany retorted.

“We’ll see Fany-ah and just because I love you and your stunning eye smile doesn’t mean I’ll take it easy on you Fany,” Taeyeon stated.

 

Before they started the wager, Tiffany decided it was best to consult briefly with Yoona and Seohyun to come up with a game plan of what to do. Tiffany could have easily started with her King conjure to land a hit on Taeyeon, but she also realized that this is a training exercise. Once the magic battle in Time Square was upon them, she would need to know how to work with Yoona and Seohyun, not just depend on her trump card to win. “So guys, got any plans for winning against my TaeTae?” Tiffany asked the girls.

“Well, we usually try Yoona as an upfront distraction because of her speed so that I can cut her off with some stone from the walls, but Sunny-Unnie told me that if I keep taking chunks out of the walls we could have a cave in. So my powers have been significantly decreased in usage in this giant, empty bunker…” Seohyun explained. It was true, the bunker was relatively empty and structural damages could, in fact, destroy not just the bunker, but anyone within it. This was an unfair hindrance to Seohyun since both of the sisters needed to practice their skills. Luckily though, Tiffany came up with a brilliant plan to work around the fact she couldn’t enchant nearby objects and the infrastructure. “How about this girls, Yoona you’re still on distraction duty, do whatever you can to catch Taeyeon. I know she may be fast, but you also have to realize is that you should be as fast as light. Don’t hold back Yoona, run as fast as possible and you’ll easily out run TaeTae. Now as for you Seo I have a plan too. I’m going to conjure a layer of pink magic all around the room. The walls, the ceiling, the floor and even the structural pillars will be covered in pink, but besides looking incredibly cool, I’m going to all you to enchant my pink magic whenever you need. Say you want to pull from the wall over there? You can now without the breaking it off from the actual wall because my magic will extend in accordance to how you need it. Plus if you need any items to possess and control I can also make those for you. Your job is to slow Taeyeon down so Yoona has a better chance to catch her. Create blockages whenever you can so Yoona can finally hit Taeyeon. Okay let’s go do this girls!” Tiffany cheered.

“Are you guys finally done talking? Let’s go!” Taeyeon yelled impatiently.

 

The training wager had now begun and Yoona was already trying her very best to catch Taeyeon was quickly as possible. Tiffany had did exactly as she had said and conjured a pink layer that could cover the entire room in pink. Now Seohyun could take control of the environment freely, with no risks to create some sort of cave in scenario. Seohyun was trying her best to capture Taeyeon using Tiffany’s pink layer, but Taeyeon’s reflexes were simply too fast to be caught by such simple traps and most of the time they would hinder Yoona more than Taeyeon. Tiffany could tell that this wasn’t going to work, but what could she do to help out with the situ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter