Chapter 33: Blood Relics

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Taeyeon returned to SunRi’s apartment she was met with an extraordinarily tight hug from Sunny. “Yah! What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“I could feel it Tae, so could Hyo. You and King… fighting each other.” Sunny explained.

“Don’t worry, neither of us made a scratch on the other and of all the things that have happened today, I think King is the least of my worries.” From hearing this, Sunny delved deep into Taeyeon’s mind to discover what else could’ve possibly trumped King’s appearance today on the worry scale. To Sunny’s surprise, she learned that Taeyeon had exposed her identity to the one and only Tiffany. Sunny would usually be annoyed at Taeyeon’s decision to do so, especially when Sunny had warned her that telling her too early could overwhelm Tiffany, given the circumstance of immediate danger though Sunny let Taeyeon off for exposing her identity so soon. What Sunny found interesting though, was Tiffany also had the chance to use her powers, but decided against it, was she not prepared to show her true colours? Sunny wondered. “So, Tiffany knows huh?” Sunny asked.

“Yeah, I’m sorry Sunny… I know what you said…” Taeyeon began to explain, but Sunny interjected.

“Tae, forget about what I said. You had no choice in the matter if you didn’t do anything, who knows what King could have done. What did he even want? He didn’t show up merely to chat right?”

“He gave me this mimic, he claims that when we find out how it works, we’ll find out what he’s doing and when we do, we’d lose all hope of winning,” Taeyeon explained.

“You don’t believe him, do you?” Sunny questioned.

“Of course I don’t believe we’ll lose without a fight Sunny, but this is King we’re dealing with. His threats are never simply words, he always has actions to back them up.” Taeyeon admitted.

“Well, let’s go get Hyo and find out exactly how this mimic is different to those pills you got at the warehouse,” Sunny said.

 

The short duo made their way over to Hyoyeon who was meditating within a glowing white rune. Her focus was so intense, neither of the duo wanted to interfere with what was going on, but Hyoyeon already knew they had entered the room. She quickly opened her eyes and her gazed felt as if she stared directly into the souls of the two shorties that stood before her. “Is this going to be a long talk? Because I’m trying to reconnect back with my magical tranquility. I thought New York City would be fun, but this concrete jungle is suffocating for someone who’s lived in a cave for a few decades.” Hyoyeon explained.

“We have a pill Hyo and this time it’s for sure a magic one.” Taeyeon replied. Taeyeon threw the single pill into Hyoyeon’s circle which caused the pill and the rune symbol to grow brighter than usual. Hyoyeon scratched the rune out with her staff in a panic and glared over at Taeyeon. “Taeyeon! You can’t just throw magical items into runes you don’t understand. This rune assists with balancing mind and magic, so by throwing just this tiny pill into my rune, you almost upset the balance and I could have become temporarily powerless!” Hyoyeon shouted.

“I’m sorry Hyo, but we really do need your help and this is really important. You want me to stop King for Shinju, and this is pill could explain a lot about what he’s planning right now.” Taeyeon explained.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, just leave the room. I’ll be out in a second.” Hyoyeon emerged from her room with her staff in hand and began to write another room, this time silver in colour. “What does this one do?” Sunny asked.

“Well, like your machine that can trace the drug components of the standard pills, this rune can trace any magic enchantments or souls trapped inside objects.” Hyoyeon laid the pill in the center of the rune and raised her staff high up to initiate the scanning sequence. Symbols from the rune began to circle the pill, at first, the pace of the rotating symbols was relatively calm, but the longer they scanned the more vigorously they began to spin. During this process, symbols would rise and fall quite randomly and if Taeyeon and Sunny had to be honest with themselves, they had no clue what was going on here.

 

The symbols came to a sudden halt and faced Hyoyeon to reveal the results of her testing the pill. A dark expression took hold of Hyoyeon’s face. Taeyeon knew it was no easy feat to scare Hyoyeon, so this fearful expression must have meant something extremely terrifying. “Hyo, what’s up?” Taeyeon asked.

“These… these… pills… you need to find all of those manufacturing areas and destroy the standard pills ASAP! You need to get these pills out of the hands of mortals and off the streets immediately!!”

“Slow down Hyoyeon, explain why first?” Sunny suggested.

“These mimics have been enchanted, as in, someone who has enchanting magic and whoever that person was, must be some sort of twisted mastermind,” Hyoyeon said in disgust.

“Keep explaining Hyo! If we need to get them off the streets immediately we need to know what they do for 's sake!” Taeyeon yelled, her impatience was becoming a lot more obvious.

“The enchantment on these mimic pills drain life force from the consumer. It literally drains their soul away in exchange for greater strength, speed, and stamina. All those teens out there taking these drugs Tae are in danger of having their souls ripped away from their bodies. A fate even worse than death, for a soul. At least on death, our souls can pass through to the alterworld, but whoever is enchanting these pills is collecting these souls. Once the souls have been torn from the consumer, they belong to the enchanter of the pill and can be forced to do anything the enchanter or enchantress commands.” Hyoyeon explained.

“What would they even want with the souls though?”

“Think about it Taeyeon, what is the one thing that we know for sure souls can be used for?”

“Human souls… can become soul objects??” Taeyeon and Sunny questioned with shocking expressions.

“After the extinction of most of the dark creatures that ruled Earth, dark mages would attempt to create human soul stones for their disciples. The problem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter