Chapter 31: We Need More Pills

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon returned to SunRi’s apartment after her first official meeting with the so called “gruesome” vigilante, Black Witch. Although her questions about what type of person Black Witch was were resolved, a pile of new questions was beginning to stack up. It was clear that these drugs were a huge issue and that King was clearly behind it all from the way the thugs were dressed, but why was he doing all this? What was the goal he had in mind for all these drugs? Hopefully Sunny can help her understand what the pills are composed of. Taeyeon opened the door to the apartment to see Yuri and Hyoyeon currently wrestling each other on the ground, it seemed like a pretty even fight. Yuri was more known for her kick boxing skills, but she would be up for learning any fighting style. “Sunny, what’s going on?” Taeyeon asked while Sunny was just reading a book on the couch.

“I think Hyoyeon drank Yuri’s Smoothie this morning and they’ve been fighting about it ever since, so I told them to really fight about it by wrestling,” Sunny said not taking her eyes off the page.

“You instigated this? Aren’t you worried Yuri will get hurt?”

“Hyoyeon can just heal her with the runes, plus to hear constant bickering the whole day was really getting on my nerves. At least now, they’re a lot quieter because they’re focusing on strategies to grapple one another.” Sunny reasoned. Taeyeon glanced over at Sunny again and realized she was actually reading a book now instead of her usual instant reading method. “Sometimes Tae, I want to actually enjoy a book. When I flicked through in high school, it was because I needed to quickly study, but right now is my leisure reading.” Sunny told Taeyeon through her mind.

“Well, get up off your Sunny, I have something I want you to look at,” Taeyeon replied through Sunny’s connection. Taeyeon grabbed the small baggie full of emerald green pills and dropped it into Sunny’s lap. “What the hell is this?”

“Drugs that King’s making. From my observations, they seem to grant the consumer increased physical attributes, almost like when I first had my stone and didn’t realize its effects at the time.”

“Ahh, the day you pissed of Sooyoung and ended up in the nurse’s office from over fatigue, I remember that day. Good times.” Sunny sighed.

“Yeah, those were simpler times. Anyway, I have no idea what these pills are made out of or how they’re made. So do you have any suggestions for how I can find out?”

“I’m actually glad you asked that Tae. Follow me!” Sunny said with a massive grin on her face.

 

Sunny lead Taeyeon to the second floor of the penthouse apartment and finally stopped in front of a large book case. “Is the answer in one of these books?” Taeyeon asked with confusion.

“Nah, but there’s stuff behind the books that should.” Sunny moved a selection of books in a specific order and once she had finished her sequence, the book shelf began to rotate, revealing a whole new room behind it. “Whoa! When did this get here?” Taeyeon asked.

“When you left, I had a great idea to turn this extra space into… your very own superhero lair!” Sunny spread her arms wide for the big reveal which opened up to various technical gadgets, screens, and lights. Taeyeon was quite shocked by the whole room, she had always lived very poorly, so to see this kind of technology all for her was extremely touching for her. “Yah, Sunny, you really didn’t have to…” Taeyeon said dumbfounded.

“Well if we want to take this superhero thing seriously we need to have eyes and ears everywhere. From here we can hack into CCTV, speeding cameras and pretty much anything that’s programmable. But we’ll talk about that stuff later, for now, we’ll want to take a look at this.” Sunny lead the way to a small machine that Taeyeon had no idea about.

“This here Tae is a compound deconstructor, normally used to list compound makeup of drugs, but since this pill is a bit, what are the words? Supernatural? We just need to pray that it reveal any material that will help us understand how it works.” Sunny grabbed a single pill from the bag and inserted it into the deconstructor to analyze the possible materials that the pill itself was made out of. The machine began the process and in the meantime, Taeyeon saw this as a great opportunity to ask Sunny an important question. “Sunny, can… can we… as in Yuri, you and I, go visit Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked.

“What? Why?” Sunny asked worriedly.

“When I met her two nights ago, she was in a lot of pain. We sang to each other and I can tell from her song… her heart has been shattered into millions of pieces. I know we can heal it back, but I can’t do this on my own. You and Yuri have to accompany me, only then will she see that she’s still loved.” Taeyeon begged.

“… I don’t know Tae, she hates us. Especially me, because I was the last one to talk to you. She hates the fact that I didn’t try hard enough to stop you or call you to say good bye. I know you obviously had your reasons you couldn’t stay Tae, but you also have to understand, her seeing me won’t help the cause either. And with Yuri, I don’t know if she hates her, but the fact that Yuri sided with me and not her was also a painful experience. She lost all her friends and you in the same day Tae. You’re the only one who she thinks strongly about that can redeem yourself in her eyes… for us… it’s impossible.” Sunny said guiltily.

“But how Sunny? How do I win her back? She can’t even stand to be close to me…”  Sunny had to choose her next few words with extreme caution. If she played her cards right, she would have Taeyeon reveal herself to Tiffany which would then let Tiffany understand the urgency of leaving, but not only that, may inspire the Black Witch’s vigilantism to become heroics instead. Before she spoke, she quickly read Taeyeon’s mind to see if she had any sort of opinion on the Black Witch. During the last year and a half, Taeyeon wasn’t the only one who was practicing her strengths. Sunny had learnt a few new tricks up her sleeve, she could now scan the mind of the person she focused on. Previously, she could only read their immediate thoughts, but now, she had found the ability to literally scan people’s memories, feelings and opinions to locate specific information. Fortunately for Sunny, she had discovered Taeyeon’s deep thoughts on Black Witch and most of them were positive remarks. “Black Witch maybe cruel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter