Chapter 25: Eighteen Months Later (S2)

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once more the high school where our hero once attended was in session, but this time there were new faces streamed about the hallways. Although the faces that littered the hallways were new, the atmosphere of the area was all but the same, overcrowded, loud and filled with judgy teenagers. A slim, black haired girl walks through the entrance of the school. Many of the male students adored her and as a result, many of the female students despised the pretty girl. They enjoyed bullying her, reminding her day and night that she lives above a sandwich shop in downtown New York and that her parents abandoned her. Her fraternal twin sister was talented at ignoring these vicious taunts, but Yoona, on the other hand, was quite easily provoked by them. Yoona was known throughout the school as one of their top athletes, she was very much naturally talented in most sporting events, but she only took part in short distant sprints. She loved speed more than anything on earth, the thrill from wind brushing passed her hair was second to none, and she would take that feeling over love, food and money any day of the week.

 

Yoona placed down her signature skateboard in the hallway and zoomed passed all her fellow classmates. She was amazing on the board and could handle it with extreme grace. As she passed through the corridors all the male heads turned to see the beautiful girl whizzing passed them and spreading her vanilla scented hair. They ooos and ahhs could be heard from the crowds and this heavily pissed Suzy and Hyeri off. “Ugh, she thinks she’s so damn cool doesn’t she? Too bad those skateboard skills won’t be able to fund a community college education.” Hyeri snickered.

“Yeah, but you know what Hyeri? That’s okay, at least she has the sandwich shop. She can work there for the rest of her life cause that’s all she’ll be qualified to do.” Suzy laughed. Yoona stopped right next to the girls, not to fight them, but she had the unfortunate pleasure to be placed right beside the two rich girls of the school. Yoona slammed her hand against the locker door to signal she heard their ty side comments, but neither of the other girls cared for her threatening slam. “You got a problem Yoongie?” Suzy taunted.

“Yah! You can’t call me that! We’re not friends, we’re not even acquaintances so if you would be so kind, could you leave me the alone.” Yoona replied staring the girl directly in the eye.

“And what’ll you do if I don’t?” Suzy placed her hand on to Yoona’s forehead and gave her a hard flick directly between the eyebrows.

“Why you…” Yoona placed her hand up ready to strike the girl back, but unluckily at that precise moment, the principal had caught her in the act and held her arm. “Shi… I mean damn…” Yoona said.

“My office… now!” Said Leeteuk

 

Yoona followed Leeteuk to his office and entered in slowly, to her surprise, her twin sister was also sitting there with her back straight, arms crossed and nose flared, as if she were a parent angry by her child’s actions. “Aye Seo, what are you doing here?” Yoona asked.

“I already knew you were going to stir trouble on the first day back to school Yoong, so I reported you to Leeteuk preemptively so he could find you before you really started a fight,” Seohyun said bluntly.

“Yah! It wasn’t my fault. I’m so sick and tired of the way they treat both of us just cause we’re poor and we’re…”

“That’s enough Yoona, have a seat.” Said Leeteuk.

“Look Yoona, your sister is just trying to keep you say. We all know how painful those girls can be, unfortunately, unless they do something completely outrageous and that act is caught with hard evidence, all I can do to help you is to stop you from starting any trouble with them.” Leeteuk admitted.

“They’re the ones bullying me though? Why can’t you do anything??” Yoona said with anger.

“You both know that their parents have a lot of power over this school. If anything happens to them, even if it’s they’re fault, everyone will be punished for it. So it’s best if you just try your hardest to ignorr them okay Yoona? You’re a strong girl, I know you can take their stupid taunts without going violent.” Leeteuk encouraged.  Before Yoona could argue once more, her sister cut her off. “Ahh we understand sir. Don’t worry I’ll make sure to keep my sister out of trouble.” Seohyun said with a thumbs up as she dragged Yoona out of the office.

 

“Yah! I wasn’t done… he’s the damn principal! It’s his job to stop this sort of thing going on Seo.” Yoona stated.

“Look Yoong, it annoys me too okay? What they say to us is horrible, but if you really want to get back at them, the best thing to do is ignore it. We’ve worked so hard to have a decent life Yoong, this school is affordable, but has really good facilities for us. Just try to bear with it for this last year please.” Seoyhun begged.

“Okay…” Yoona surrendered. Seohyun was always the logical one, she always tried to keep a level head on all situations. Yoona admired that a lot about her sister, but she also thought it was cowardice to let those two get away with everything just because they had money and power. “Those two better watch out, otherwise I’m going to find a way to kick them out of this damn school.” Yoona sighed.

 

 The bell rang to conclude the day and Yoona was out of the doors as soon as the bell had chimed once. She jumped down the small set of stairs at the front of the school and jumped on to her skateboard on the way down, but before she could ride off towards the sandwich shop she was held back by Seohyun. “Yah! Were you about to leave me behind??”

“Um… maybe? You know how to get home so why should I even wait?” Yoona reasoned.

“Don’t you remember? We have a job interview at the convenience store.”

“Seo I don’t want to work there. It’s so boring and the owner… he smells like burnt coffee and you know I hate the smell of coffee Seo.” Yoona tried to make as many excuses as she could, but it was all in vain. Seohyun had already begun to push her towards the convenience store and since Yoona was on her skateboard, she couldn’t resist Seohyun’s direction. They walked for a few minutes and when they finally arrived at the store, a thief could be seen dashing off with a bag filled with money. Each step the man took caused a few dollar bills to spill out of his duffel bag. “YAH!” Yoona called, but the man didn’t stop. So Yoona had no choice, she had to chase the man, she placed her foot down from the skateboard and began pushing vigorously against the ground. “Yoong!!” Seohyun screamed, but it was no use, Yoona was caught up in the feeling of speed, all she wanted now was to catch this crook red handed.

 

She was quickly closing the gap between her and the crook and he could clearly see this happening. So in an attempt to throw Yoona off his track, he quickly stepped into an alleyway. However, as he turned in, he realized that it was a completely dead end and now Yoona had him completely cornered. “Well, I guess it’s hopeless to try to escape now aye? Just return the money and wait for the police to arrive like a good criminal.” Yoona said in her cutesy voice. But, much like a cornered mouse against a cat, the man had no choice but to choose drastic measure to escape this confrontation. He retrieved a gun from his duffel bag and pointed it directly at Yoona. Yoona had never seen a legitimate gun before so she froze in sight of the man’s desperation. “Hey, how about we just calm down now…” Yoona said slowly.

“Get out of my way and no one will get hurt!” The man demanded.

“Now we both know I can’t let you just leave, so just put the gun down and return the money. We don’t need to get violent here.” Yoona continued to try and reason with the man.

“Shut up! I need this money! Now back off or else.”

“I’m sorry but I…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter