Chapter 17: Not Enough Power

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Hey there guys :D I just wanted to say that you MUST READ CHAPTER 15: SUNNY UNLEASHES HER TRUE POWER before reading this chapter. If you have already read that chapter then enjoy this one :)

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

 

Taeyeon could feel the frustration building within her, she didn’t understand why her conjurations were being destroyed so easily. Against the white stones, the first man she ever encountered couldn’t even leave a scratch against her barriers, but the black stones had both been able to shut down her conjures. Was she doing something wrong? She thought. She needed assistance, so she called Sunny to come over to her house as soon as she was done with tutoring Yuri to discuss possible methods to improving her strength of her conjurations.

Shinju was monitoring Taeyeon as she nervously shook her legs at a constant pace. It was obvious she was anxious, but he had a feeling that there was something else that Taeyeon wasn’t saying to him. “Tae are you alright? You seem a bit shakier than usual.” Shinju asked.

“I’m fine.” She said nonchalantly, while she continued to stare at the door. Sunny finally arrived and some relief appeared on to Taeyeon’s face. Sunny shook Shinju’s hand and introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Sunny. I know about Taeyeon and her powers, but don’t worry I wouldn’t ever expose her.”

“Nice to meet you Sunny, Taeyeon’s told me all about you so you don’t need to worry as well. I trust you.” Shinju said giving a thumbs up.

“Yah! Enough small talk, we need to come up with a way to help me get stronger. These Wyvern’s are continuing to show up and each one is stronger than the last. If the next one is even stronger, I might not win.” Taeyeon said.

“Calm down Taeyeon, getting flustered won’t get us anywhere.” Sunny reasoned.

“Yeah, but neither will your carefree attitude.” Taeyeon thought.

“Taeyeon! If you have something to say about my attitude you say it to my face. Not think it in your mind!” Sunny said, angered by her friend's pushy behaviour. Taeyeon didn’t understand how Sunny knew what she had said in her mind. She knew that Sunny had an incredible ability to read expressions, but this new found ability to read minds was completely new to her. “Sunny? Can you read my mind?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, Taeyeon, but it’s a story for another time. Like you said we should focus on why you called me here.” Sunny was right, like usual.

“Um, what’s going on?” Shinju asked since Taeyeon hadn’t said a word for a few minutes and Sunny had replied to her twice.

“Ahh, sorry Shinju. I forgot to tell you that I’m kind of a mind reader, as in if a focus enough I can literally tell what a person is thinking and Taeyeon here was being particularly rude so I had to tell her off.” Sunny laughed.

 

They sat at the dinner table as if they were having a serious meeting. Taeyeon stood first to address her current concerns about her powers. “So the reason why I asked you to come over today Sunny is that my conjurations are getting destroyed. Really easily in fact and if we don’t find a way to improve them, my future battles will all end in defeats.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m glad you called me Taeyeon, but I’m not an expert if anyone would know I assume that Shinju would?” Sunny suggested.

“Ahh, well, from what I know the colour is the most defining trait when it comes to the power of a soul stone. So that fact that they’re destroying your conjures is truly surprising Taeyeon. Maybe it simply could be their extended level of experience surpasses your current level of mastery. So, in other words, their conjurations are able to defeat yours because they’ve practiced for much longer than you have.” Shinju said.

“It honestly could be just that Tae, maybe the only way you can get stronger is if you practice for a few years…”

“Years!? I don’t have time for that Sunny, I have to persist through the evils ahead because my journey isn’t over yet.” Taeyeon said. Her choice of words baffled the other two who sat in front of her. “Tae, is there something you’re not telling us?” Shinju asked. Taeyeon was about to lie, but knowing full well that Sunny was here, she knew she would have no chance to keep it a secret forever.

“I… heard a voice… just before I almost died I heard a voice say ‘your journey is not over yet Taeyeon… continue to persist through the evils ahead’.”

“You heard a voice? Taeyeon hearing voices from a stone is usually a sign of great power. As in, the soul is trying to connect to you further than just a telepathic connection.”

“So, the stone is trying to be her friend? As in the stone wishes to make a friendship bond with her?” Sunny asked.

“Possibly, or…” Shinju froze, but Sunny’s ability wouldn’t let any important information left unheard.

“Or it could be a trap by the stone…” Shinju thought.

“What do you mean by a trap, Shinju?” Sunny asked with concern.

“Well, as I’ve told Taeyeon, the creatures that are trapped in these stones aren’t always particularly friendly creatures. Most of them in fact are actually terrifying beasts which wish nothing more than to be released and rule the world once more. So when some of them allow you to hear their voice, they allow you to hear because they wish to entice you with great power, but only drive you insane.”

“Insane how?” Taeyeon asked.

“Remember the first time you saw the stone Tae? You said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter