Chapter 16: Vermilion Appears Again

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the double update :D i hope you enjoy and feel free to leave any suggestions and feedback in the comments section below :)

EDITED: Sorry if some of you have missed it but I uploaded two chapters today haha so if you read this one already go back one chapter and go have a look :D sorry if I made this unclear

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

 

Tiffany’s song and dance club had been invited to perform at Time Square for successfully winning the state music championships. The event would last the whole afternoon, from 1 pm to 6 pm and the group would perform countless songs and dancing sets. Officially, this day was still a school day, but all of those performing were exempt from attending school for that day so they could represent the school at their Performing Arts Display. Taeyeon really wanted to attend the event, so she already planned to sneak out of school to support Tiffany, but Sunny didn’t want to join her rebellious activity. “Come on Sunny, we don’t need to even be here, it’s already guaranteed we’re both gonna get top marks. What’s the big deal about going to support Fany?” Taeyeon reasoned.

“I want to support her just as much as you do, but Yul can’t come with us cause she needs the extra tutor, and I’m the one who’s tutoring her. So I can’t just ditch her and if we do decide to skip the tutor it could risk her failing. Failing a grade in senior year isn’t a simple fix Tae, I’m sorry we can’t come.” Taeyeon understood Sunny’s reasoning, but she still felt disappointed in the final decision.

 

Regardless, Taeyeon decided to skip school that day and support her girlfriend as they performed in front of thousands. Taeyeon made her way to Time Square and the place was absolutely packed with people. Like we all know, Taeyeon really didn’t enjoy being so cramped with a crowd so she tried to call Tiffany, hoping she could set up some sort of seat in a more isolated area. Unfortunately for Taeyeon, Tiffany was much too busy preparing for the event, that she didn’t even realize her phone was ringing. “Aish this girl doesn’t pick up when her girlfriend needs her. I’ll have to push through.”

 

On one of the high rises that surrounded the square, the Fleeted Wyvern was awaiting orders from the bald man. “Sir, I can sense that she’s here. Should I begin?” Fleeted asked.

“Wait until the event has officially started. Then show them the power of magic.” Replied the bald man.

"As you wish, King."

 

Taeyeon managed to push her way through all the way to the front, where a makeshift stage was constructed for the performance. Taeyeon couldn’t see Tiffany anywhere, but she did see Jessica so she decided to signal the blonde girl over. “YAH!! JESSICA!!!” No matter how hard Taeyeon shouted though, her voice just wouldn’t reach the ears of the blonde girl.

“Oh whatever, as long as I’m here to see Fany, it shouldn’t matter if my spot is cramped.” Taeyeon thought. She decided to settle at the edge of the makeshift stage between a bunch of guys who were screaming over how gorgeous Tiffany was. Yeah I know right? Taeyeon thought.

 

After a few minutes, the girls had finally gathered onto the stage and Tiffany stood up to the pedestal to welcome everyone to the event. “Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to formally welcome you to our Performing Arts Display. This show will start from now until 6 pm, but don’t feel obligated to stay the entire duration of the display. Without further ado, let’s begin!” Tiffany said with excitement.

“That’s my girl!!” Taeyeon cheered. The girls stepped up and started the display by performing SNSD’s “Tell Me Your Wish” and Taeyeon couldn’t help but admire their beauty in the outfits. Right when Tiffany had said, "DJ TURN IT BACK ON!!" A random man, clad with emerald green robes landed directly in front of the performing girls. Everyone in the crowd didn’t realize this wasn’t part of the performance and continued to chant with the same cheerful rhythm, but the performers were completely confused at what was occurring at that moment. Taeyeon knew exactly what was going on, so she quickly moved away to suit up in her bright orange garbs. The man turned to the horrified girls and slowly approached them. “Sorry to crash on your performance ladies, but I’m afraid this is now a magic show.” The rest of the ladies were completely confused, but Tiffany wasn’t going to let anyone steal the spotlight since they’ve spent blood and tears trying to achieve this event.

“Yah! Who the hell do you think you are showing up here!? Leave, now! Or I’ll call security.”

“I don’t think you understand the gravity of this situation little girl, I am stealing your show, to send a much more important message than the ‘power of music’.” Fleeted mocked.

“Why you little…” Tiffany went for a punch directly at the man, but before she knew it he had already dodged her fist and punched her in return, launching her across the stage.

 

Tiffany was in the air for few seconds and she could feel herself quickly hurling back towards the ground. “OH MY GOSH SOMEONE HELP!!!” She screamed. The crowd now knew something wasn’t right about this and fear was spreading through the audience. Tiffany was about to smash into the ground when an orange hooded huntress swooped in to save the day. “Are you okay ma’am?” Vermilion asked.

“Yeah, thanks to you.” Tiffany smiled. Taeyeon had conjured orange lenses into her eyes to make sure, Tiffany wouldn’t be able to recogni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter