08: My neighbour's girlfriend

Rollercoaster of a Life time

The following morning, I woke up to a smell I hadn't sensed in quite a few years; bacon and eggs. 

I continued to keep my eyes shut as I could feel my mouth begin to water at the smell, my mind not registering that my grandmother was still at the hospital after having taken her late last night after supper making me the only one in the house.

It was only when crashing and banging sounded from the kitchen that I finally woke up and that it finally registered that I should have been the only one in the house today.

Reaching my one hand out, I found and grabbed my glasses, putting them on to cure my temporary blindness.

My eyes scanned the room before landing on my iron baseball bat (which I received as a birthday gift from my father who had really hoped I would be a boy or at least get into a sport which didn't end well, as you can clearly tell), making me sit up so quickly my head hurt a little before I jumped off of the bed and tiptoed over to pick it up.

Quietly opening my door, I frowned when the banging and crashing continued, making me worry.

I mean, the sole reason I'd grabbed my bat was because I thought that perhaps the people downstairs were burglars but were trying to make food because they felt bad for stealing or maybe even serial killers out to kill everyone who stayed in this household (thank goodness my grandmother was safe, but let's take a moment to pray that I live to see a Big Bang concert) but decided that they would make breakfast first as a last meal type of thing. I mean, it may not make sense, but it also does; it showed that these serial killers were kind unlike others.

Oh no, but what if they were assassins and had those tools with powers and this was part of their plan; to lure the household downstairs and when we reached the kitchen, ready to eat, they'd use everything they had, killing us all with one blow.

"I need to stop watching horrors," I whisper to myself as I peak around the wall and down the stairs, trying to check if maybe I could spot the people downstairs and judge them from there (whether they were burglars, assassins or serial killers.

I refuse to believe they are rapists because if I do, I'll end up in jail after whooping their asses with my baseball bat only to have the police find my prints and haul me to the questioning room where I'd deny it until they resorted to torturing me like they did in The Vampire Diaries and when I eventually speak, they'll give me one of those stupid smirks and give me a 7 year imprisonment only to come by two days later and say I'm on the death sentence which had been brought back just for me).

"I need to stop watching anime too," I mutter before making my way quietly down the stairs, not once making a sound.

I could totally be a spy and I could either join James Bond (as if, no offence), the spy kids association (never going to pass that chance up because gosh damn, those kids are awesome!) or totally spies (if I ever do, I call dibs on being Sam because she is clever and I wouldn't mind having that for when I need to do exams, you get what I mean? I refuse to ever, ever cheat with my spy equipment because like, just no).

As I began making my way to the doorway of the kitchen where the non-stop crashing and banging had finally come to an end, I poked my head around the wall only to freeze at the sight.

There, in my kitchen, stood the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. Like honestly, she was the kind of person you would hope to look like (then again, I could be exaggerating because honestly, I had this habit where I tend to go overboard especially with my imagination).

Her long black hair was tied back into a high ponytail while her fringe was pinned back while she was searching for something in one of the cupboards. Her long, thin legs look like they had never once seen a hair on their body as well as her arms and she was dressed in a short (but not too short like majority of the girls at my school) blue sundress and when she turned around, I saw how they brought out her brown eyes perfectly.

Okay, so, let's just ignore the fact that I had actually 'checked out' a girl and pay more attention to the fact that her blue eyes and rested upon me, making me freeze.

In all honesty, I should have been the one to make her freeze seeing as she was the one in my house, but nope, she was the one who was glaring at me as if I had just broken into her house.

Maybe I could blow her up if I could just gain heat vision or heat breath.

"Who are you?" she demanded to know, hands now fisted at her sides and her eyes once again narrowing as she stared at me in what could only be anger, I assumed.

Sighing, I decided that it was pointless hiding away now that she knew I was there so slowly, I took a step out of my hiding spot, twirled the bat twice before letting the top of it rest on the floor, both of my hands gripping at the handle as I stood with my shoulders back and my head held high, trying to be intimidating despite my height.

"I should be asking you that. This is my house after all."

"Last time I checked, an elderly woman stayed here. I even met her," she said quickly, her eyes narrowing further into slits if that was even possible.

As we continued to stand there, I could feel my legs begin to give in as I had been stretching them to meet her height even though the two of us stood at least ten feet apart. And I swear, you could see the relief fill me from the inside out the moment a familiar voice filled the silence, answering the girl's statement.

"This is Jamie, the granddaughter of the elderly woman you met," Jungkook said as he walked in, gently moving me to the side before he entered the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

"Yah, who said you could just waltz in here like that?" I asked, glaring at the beautiful, once shy boy who seemed a little too comfortable around me and in this house as I watched a smirk make way to his expression before he shrugged.

"Hoseok's mom asked us to come and check on you."

"Then who is she?" I wanted to know as I lifted the bat to point in the direction of the girl who stayed silent now because no matter what you say, pointing with your finger is rude. However, nobody has ever said anything about pointing with an object.

"She would be my girlfriend," J-Hope's voice came from behind.

Before I could turn to face him, he was already in front of my, gently pulling her forward and smiling as he pulled her into a hug which she returned happily.

When they finally let go, he turned to face me.

"Jamie, this is Kira, my girlfriend who's visiting from two towns over," he explains before turning to the other girl who he claimed went by the name Kira as he spoke, "Kira, this is Jamie, one of the newest friends the group has made and the elderly woman's granddaughter as you have just learnt."

As we were introduced, we both reached out before shaking hands.

"Now, girls, you can take a seat while Jungkook helps me."

And we did exactly that, sitting opposite each other and glancing up and down as we scanned each other every few seconds.

"How long have you and J-Hope been dating?" I ask softly, tilting my head a little in the hopes that she would answer. I mean, she may have looked like one of those shy yet popular girls who could break every boy's heart, but then again, that could once again, just be me.

"Three years," she finally replies after a long silence causing my eyes to widen as she smiled.

"Truce?" she asks.

"Truce," I reply just as the two boys walk over with plates of pancakes, bacon and eggs. Setting it down carefully, they each took a seat beside us before placing their hands together and praying. When we were done, we dug in almost too happily.

"Oh, hey, Jamie," Jungkook suddenly calls out making all of us turn heads, "Kira also hopes to become a producer or even an artist one day," he finishes, making the two of us look at each other.

"You want to be a producer some day?"

I only nod.

"Maybe we can work together sometime."

"Maybe."

J-Hope's girlfriend wasn't that bad after all.