13: Him

Rollercoaster of a Life time

 

The next day, I couldn't have gotten out of bed fast enough. I'd stayed up until almost five the morning thinking about how to approach the person after finally reading my grandmother's will for the umpteenth time just to assure myself that I my eyes were not, in fact, tricking me.

When it finally dawned on me, I'd neatly put it in my bag and rushed to get done before I ran out.

For some reason, I'd ran all the way until school (and let's all take a moment to remember how far and long the walk from school to my house was) so by the time I entered the gates, I was gasping for breath, stumbling as I walked and probably looking as drunk or high as anything. As I continued to stumble and gasp while walking on, a and grabbed my elbow, steadying me as it stopped me in my tracks.

Turning my head slightly, I glanced at the person who unfortunately wasn't the person I'd been hoping to find.

"Careful, would you, Jamster?" Jimin speaks softly, lowering his voice as if someone were listening nearby (for all we knew, someone working for the government was actually spying on everyone and deemed us interesting or full of potential and have been listening to every single thing we've said all our lives and it made different agents' lives easier when we all suddenly grouped up) as he helped me stand up straight.

I continue to watch him while try to catch my breath and I notice the way his eyes sparkle in amusement.

I wanted to smack him as a smirk crawled up into his expression, but before I even had the chance to imagine me doing so, a new voice speaks from behind us and again, disappointment fills me as I realize it isn't who I want it to be.

"Jamster, why are you with jam-less Jimin?"

I turn to see Namjoon waling over with his dimpled smile that was honestly one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen in my entire life. I loved each and every one of their smiles (and yes, that includes Yoongi's gummy smile).

"Jamie, are you drunk?" Jimin asks and I look at him in absolute disbelief because why on earth would I be drunk? I would hit this boy if he wasn't so adorable, I promise you.

"I am not drunk, Jimin, how can you even assume that?" I exclaim, outraged.

Jimin who was now laughing along with the rest of them shook his head and grinned as he replied, "Just needed to be sure, Jamster. We don't know much about you after all."

This makes me frown a little because I didn't quite understand. They've known me for months; they should know me by now, right? However, as I dwell on it, I come to realize that they were right. We still barely knew anything about each other.

All I knew was that they hadn't given up on their dreams and that was thanks to our music teacher.

When I finally stop thinking about this, I look up to see that the boys had lead me to where the inseparable duo were.

"Hey," I call out, earning each of the boys' attentions, their expressions filled with nothing but utter confusion as I'd never really called them like that before.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know where Yoongi is?" I ask.

They all share a look then, heads turning to face each other, frowns forming on their faces as they tried to think up a lie to tell me. It was blindingly obvious they knew, but didn't want to say. So my eyes scanned the group until I picked the honest one out of them all.

"Jin, where's Yoongi?"

Jin turns to look at me and frowns in confusion. I'm not quite sure why, but I would like to assume it's because he thought I knew where the other was.

Instead, he said, "You didn't see him?"

Confused, I looked at him, "Why would I have seen him?"

"He said he was going to go over to your house but he wouldn't say why."

I groan at this because once again, I had to run the way I'd just come. Of course he'd have gone to find me at my house. Honestly, I think the world did this on purpose, knowing this would happen. Of course he'd go that way when I happened to be looking for him.

But why didn't he call first?

"Hey, where are you going?" Jimin calls out with a frown as I start my journey back the way I'd come.

"Not feeling well!" I reply instantly and feeling bad as I do. It was an obvious lie but I only said it in hopes of them informing the school for me. My phone was dead so I couldn't do it myself.

Pushing all thoughts aside, I start running until I've grown tired and switch to walking along the pavement.

However, I guess it was a bad idea.

As I walk, I feel a hand encircle my wrist before I'm harshly pulled into what appeared to be an abandoned alleyway (by abandoned, I mean that it was between two abandoned houses). I try to fight my way out of the grip, but it only results in me being pinned against the wall.

I want to scream for help or laugh at how cliché this was, but I can't because the moment his voice is whispering into my ear, my body turns cold, my mind shutting down.

"Miss me, Jampop?"

And all I can think is that this isn't real, that this is not happening because its impossible.

But then I remember the letter, the unaddressed envelope and the familiar hand writing and I seem to freeze even more than what I thought possible.

I want to run and hide, I want to disappear because he was the reason I left.

He was one of the reasons I left my other life behind and now he was here and I didn't know what to do.

"Seems I got you speechless, Jampop, just like before," he whispers again before kissing the nape of my neck and making me shiver in disgust. If I were taller, I think I would have been able to escape more easily, but I wasn't.

I was a freak of a midget with nothing to stop this.

As his hands move from my wrists to my sides, I want to cry. I want to scream, but I no longer have a voice. And I promise you, I have never been more relieved in my life to hear the voice of one of those seven idiots; the voice of the person I've wanted to see all day.

"Let her go!" Yoongi yells and before I know it, his hands are off me and I assume he's turned to the new voice with that smirk I once loved.

"What are you going to do about it?"

Before I can turn around or even register, I hear a groan after the sound of something falling to the ground. My wrist is once again encircled, but this time, I feel relief as I'm dragged out of the alleyway and to my house.

I'm relieved that it's him.

That it's not a stranger, but my brother.