Chapter Seven (Part Two)

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

Part Two

 

“I don’t like her, oppa.” (Korean)

“SinB!”

My eyebrows raised with what she said. Though I wasn’t able to understand that, I tried to assess what she meant by it based on her facial expression.

Did she ask for my name?

But why did Jay-Jay screamed as if warning her?

Ahhh, maybe she asked if I’m his brother’s girlfriend.

Like what the heck? I cringe mentally because of that. But blushed physically, of course.

“Okaaay!” Jay-Jay suddenly in between us and turned towards his sister. “You go back to your room and study.” (Korean) And turned towards me then that startled me a bit. He’s so close that I have to look up to meet his eyes.

“And you..” he held my arm “help me in the kitchen.” And drag me all the way to where he entered earlier. I looked back to where his sister is standing and my heart paced as she made the ‘I’m watching you’ gesture before going back to the room she is staying.

He let go of my arm the moment we arrived in the kitchen, it’s the same size I had back in my apartment so it’s quite spacious.

“What did she say back there?” I asked nervously, afraid of what he’s going to respond.

“Hahaha, you don’t want to know.” Without further explanation, I knew right away that what she said earlier isn’t pleasing. 

“I don’t think she likes me.” I said in a whispered voice, afraid that girl might hear her.

He turned to face her and laughed, “Oh, she really, really does.”

“Really?”

“Haha, not even quite.” He proceeds taking out the ingredients from the grocery bags and put them all on the kitchen table.

“What do you mean by that?”

“She’s the jealous type, so…” I understand what he meant even without completing his sentence and just nod my head.

, is she going fight with me then? I thought nervously. I don’t want trouble, for Pete’s sake. All my life I avoided that word not until I did what I did a month ago.

“But don’t worry, she’ll open up after some time.” He assured me, maybe after he noticed I was troubled and how I fidget with my finger so I was relieved. I really hope so.

“What’s her name?”

“SinB.”

“What kind of name is that?” I asked with a scrunch of my face, that kind of name exist?

He looked behind me and raised his hand “Oh, SinB!” he said that almost made an explosion on my chest, I whipped my body in a flash that I thought I might snap my twisted ankles. I felt all my body was throbbing in pain as soon he said his name.

But I found no one behind me and I could only hear his booming laugh.

This guy is so!!!! ARGHHH!!!!

I closed my eyes and clenched my hands trying to compose myself. His mood is so good today that he tricked me two times already.

And I almost died two times already too.

Calm down, Sowon. You are not compulsive. You control your temper always. Okay, that’s right.

His laughter continues.

That’s it. Heck with temper control.

I turned at him when I couldn’t take it anymore and charged towards him. He’s laughing so hard that he didn’t see me coming and before he knew it, my fingers were already on his hair tugging on it hard and my other hand slapping everywhere his upper body.

He was so stunned that he was only pleading for me to stop.

“You.. piece of jerk!! Take that!!” I said between punches and tugging before I finally let go.

He looked so messy with his hair and his face so red.

“That hurts!!” he screams

“You deserve it!!” I shot back. I was about to charge towards him again when…

“YAH!!” we both turned towards the voice and on just on the kitchen’s entrance stood SinB with her eyes flaring with anger.

All the blood instantly drains from my body the moment I saw her.

“What are you doing?!” (Korean) she ran across the kitchen and approached his brother contorting in pain. I watched in pure horror as he slumps on the floor, curled into a ball and screamed even more.

What is he trying to do?!

SinB tapped his back and he immediately screamed the moment she did so. Why is he exaggerating?!

“Stop overreacting, Jay!” I said. I didn’t hurt him that much since I didn’t exert much strength when I pulled his hair. So why is he acting as if I threw him against the wall?

“What did you do to him?!” I was stunned when SinB suddenly speak in English. I momentarily forgot the situation we had at the moment that can definitely cut my life line.

“Oh, you’re so fluent in English.” I blurted out that made her pause for a second. Though I was trembling in fear I tried to smile to hide what I’m feeling.

“Uh, excuse me?” And I wished he didn’t in. Now, I’m definitely going to die in the hands of his younger sister. Why are they like that? Waaaa!

SinB returned her attention to her brother and her scoff returned. She glared at me before going back to Jay-Jay now sitting on the floor while leaning his back on the wall.

My heart pounds painfully on my chest as I wait for my final verdict. SinB straightened her back while looking at Jay-Jay trying to act in deep pain once again then crossed her arms against her chest.

And the thing I expect the least happened right before my eyes that made me cover my mouth with my hands.

She kicked him real hard on the thigh.

Should I laugh or help him?

“Yah!!! You little—!!” (Korean)

“When will you stop joking around, oppa? Seriously.” (Korean) she said and scoffed as she exits the scene after she glared at me one more time.

When she left, I still wasn’t able to form the right words to say as he said coherent words I can’t understand as he stood from the ground and held on his thigh where SinB kicked.

What is happening?

“Did she just kick you?”

“Obviously.” He said as he approached the table with the ingredients.

“Well, I thought she’s going to kill me!”

“Maybe today is your lucky day.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

Great.

 

One word to describe my situation right now.

Hell.

After having a quick lunch in their home, well of course with his sister sending daggers on me every from time to time, he said we’ll take a tour around the town that made me sigh in great relief.

Hallelujah! I’m out of here.

But of course…

“Oppa! Let me come too!” (English) I must remind myself that wherever he goes, she goes.

When his brother agreed, which I couldn’t make objections too because I’m the outcast here and I don’t have the right, she again smirked on my direction.

Like brother, like sister indeed.

Currently, we’re riding the car and Jay drives to who knows where. I’m at the backseat right behind Jay because of course again the privilege of sitting on the passenger seat now goes to SinB. Psh.

As the time ticks, I’m growing to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter