Chapter Seven

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

 

They say you should never trust the people you just met. But as for my situation, it’s quite understandable why I trusted easily but I wish didn’t.

Saturday morning, I’m already ready with my things packed in my bag pack and a small trolley. He didn’t mention how many days we’ll be spending in Luncheon, Nenchu—argh whatever, so basically, I just brought 2-day supply of clothes.

What do I meant with I wish I didn’t trust easily? Well, let’s just say he rented a car. So, what’s so bad about that? The thing is, he said he’s not very confident with his driving skills and it’s been 2 years since he last drove a car.

And I wished he said that earlier and not when we’re now on the road because I’m definitely not going to trust a guy who’s not a good driver and would just prefer jumping out of the car and ran back to my apartment room.

So, for the past hour, I was sweating on my seat and tightly sealed with my seatbelt on while clutching on it though he was driving the car with an average speed. Still I can’t trust him.

“Calm down, will you? You’re almost pale white.” He said in between chuckles while driving with his one arm leaning on the window and just one hand manipulating the steering wheel.

I my lips to moist it a little because it’s already paper dry. “Y-yah, drive with both hands on the wheel!!” I said with a hint of panic in my voice. He knows how scared I am right now so he removed his hand leaning on the window and held the wheel.

I can’t die. Not now. I shouldn’t have trust him. I should’ve stayed on my room. Uwaaa, mother help me!

I heard his laugh that made me whip my head towards his direction.

“I can drive without putting my hands on the wheel.” He grinned and slightly faced me but I slap his cheek almost immediately to make him look forward again.

“Stop slacking off and just focus on the road. And don’t you dare take your hands off the wheel.” I said sternly.

“But let me try it once.” He removed one hand on the wheel that bubbled the panic inside my chest.

“Don’t you dare do tha— AHHH! !” I screamed the moment he removed his other hand and raised it in the air so I just shut my eyes close and grabbed tightly on my seat. My heart erratic inside my chest as the fear suddenly took over my whole existence in just one go.

I am so close to believing that I’ll be dead.

His booming laughter filled the car while I’m on the edge of crying right now.

“Gosh, Sowon. Open your eyes. I was just kidding! Hahaha.” He said while still laughing but my eyes remained closed shut.

He made a sudden turn that let out a yelp from me and when I thought it’s the end for me, the car suddenly stopped. Maybe he pulled the car over. I heard the snap of seatbelt ing from him and he feels suddenly close now.  

“Arrasseo, open your eyes now.” He said with a low comforting voice that left me no choice but to release a tear from my eyes.

“No! I want to go home!” I whined while still closing my eyes.

“You can’t, we’re going on a trip remember?” I felt him touch my shoulder but I shrug it off.

“I don’t trust you, anymore!”

This time, he holds both my shoulder and though I was shrugging him off, he didn’t let go. “Yah, I was just kidding about my driving. The last time I drove was last week. You’re overreacting.”

“I don’t care if I’m overreacting!! I just want to leave this car right this instance!!” This time I opened my eyes and faced him, punched his chest once, then twice until it goes on and on.

I was taken aback when he suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me in a hug. My tears stopped flowing and my eyes almost fall out when he did that.

Suddenly, my body was not mine. Plus, my mind and heart too.

I don’t know what to do, with the level of proximity we are sharing right now, I sure am about to go crazy as of the moment.

My heart stilled but now thumping loudly on my chest. I felt him touch my hair and tap my head once, twice, thrice, until I lost count. I swear my face looks almost like a tomato right now.

“Shh, I’m sorry I teased you. Don’t cry anymore.” He whispered.

What. The. Hell.

He really must be Medusa’s son, because even though I didn’t look at him in the eye, he was able to turn me to stone.

His perfume smelled so good. I can feel his muscle chest too. , what to do?

“Are you enjoying?” His cockiness surely is ruining the moment. Tsk.

I pulled from his hug and glared at him. “Who told you so?! Psh.” I aggressively wiped the streak of tears on my face and crossed my arms.

“Your face told me so.” He said in a mocking tone and tickled me on my side. As much as I want to stay still and act cool, my I have low tolerance on tickles so I flinched on my seat and laughed.

“Yah!” I swat his hand and tried to suppress my smile.

Aish, this guy is so dynamic.

“Arrasseo.” He said and started the engine. “It was fun to see your face contort in fear.” He teased once again that made me want to hit him. But he stopped me already before I could.

“You really are having fun teasing me huh, Jay-Jay?”

“Stop calling me that.” I stuck my tongue out but didn’t respond.

There was a minute of silence before I finally broke it.

“What’s arrasseo by the way?”

“Guess.” That made me roll my eyes and grunt. Psh, nevermind.

For the hundredth time today, he snorts and laughed a bit. What’s with him that he’s in a good mood today?

“You know, you’ve been very short tempered these days.” He remarked.

“And you’ve been very mischievous lately.” I shot back with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter