Chapter Six

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

 

“Butter, all-purpose flour…” I mumbled, checking my cart if ever I’ve managed to miss an ingredient before browsing my phone again for the recipe mix.

Tapping my finger on the handle of the shopping cart, I skim through the list of ingredients since I’m not quite satisfied. Somehow, it seems to feel like something’s missing.

“Aish, the eggs.” I said and pushed the cart all the way to the poultry section and grabbed a dozen eggs. “Complete.” I say in a singsong voice and made my way towards the cashier to pay.

While I was busy getting bored earlier, an idea struck my mind to keep me company that I decided to bake. So, I searched for easy dessert recipes on the internet. Unfortunately, it happens to be that the only thing I’m capable of baking (I guess) would be cookies. Given its easy procedure, and the ingredients which are quite easy to find.

Since we’ll be traveling to genchu? Kenchu? I don’t know, I think it’s nice if I can bring some snacks too.

I stopped on my tracks to cover my flushed cheeks and the smile on my face, I know it’s absurd but whenever my mind drifts off to what had transpired earlier inside his room, my lips instantly curve and I could feel my face burn too.

He’s so sweet and caring (though most of the time he’s still cold-hearted) and I shouldn’t be liking this feeling but I do.

I slap my cheek lightly to erase the giddiness visible in my face and continued to walk on the apartment building with the grocery bag on my hand. Skipping slightly before entering the building.

Making a run through on the tutorial video that I saved earlier while inside the lift, I smiled once more as I checked the contents of the grocery bag. 

Honestly speaking I’ve never done any house chores in my whole existence here on earth so it’s quite surprising on my part that I’ll be baking. That’s the sad thing about having a luxurious life, you won’t get to experience the things normal people get to do.

Maybe me being here is a blessing in disguise, that I got to be free from my prisoned life and just loosened up and had fun like other teenagers. So, I think doing the wrong thing is somehow not that bad at all.

 

“Okay, so what to do first?” I mumbled as I skim through the ingredients I prepared on the kitchen table. I already grabbed a bowl, big spoon, and also the manual whisk.

I performed the sequence of mixing according to the recipe I’ve had studied a million times this morning that I already memorized it. It somehow made me look like a veteran cook.

I was about to mix the the eggs when my doorbell rang. The first person that entered my head was ‘J’, as he is the only one who I got to know over this complex. I wasn’t mistaken when I opened the door and came face to face with the guy I had breakfast with earlier inside his room.

“Hi?” his tone sounded shy and unsure but his facial expression remained blank. Seriously, what’s up with him? He’s more like a cyborg than an actual human being.

“Hello, what are you doing here?” I asked, imitating his blank expression. But I guess I looked funny so I smiled awkwardly after saying that.

He scratched his nape and for a second, looked hesitant about something. Then I noticed his ears are turning bright red.

“I-I, umm, I’m going out for a walk.”

Silence.

I got confused with what he said and waited for him to continue but he didn’t. What does he want? If he wanted to go out and walk then should have just went. Why is he telling me this?

“And what am I supposed to do?”

He clicked his tongue and scratched his head, looking so done with the world. What is it now?

“Aish, never mind. I’ll get going.” He said before his eyes run down the length of my body and maybe, finally took notice of the apron I’m wearing and the plastic glove on my left hand.

“what are you doing?”

“I’m baking cookies.” I said with much enthusiasm.

“You know how to bake?”

“Umm, no. But now I’m trying to.”

He stared at me for a moment and again, I’m stuck with just standing awkwardly in front of him. What’s with him and his gazes?

Is he secretly the son of Medusa? Because I swear I’m petrified in my place.

“Do you need some help?” he asked and I was taken a back for a moment.

“I thought you’re going out for a walk?”

“I’m not going because obviously you’re not, so let me just help you.” I wasn’t able to comprehend what he had just said because good lord, he was rapping! Plus, he already pushed me aside and made his way to the kitchen without even caring that I hadn’t invited him in.

I shut the door first before following him to my kitchen. When I caught up to him, I grabbed his arm (heck the biceps though) to make him face me.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I tried to be serious and matched his intense gaze with the same level of intensity he was giving me.

“And what did you say earlier? I didn’t unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter