Chapter Sixteen

When We Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

Day 8

 

“Come on, come on..” I muttered while lifting my phone up, trying to catch some signal.

I cursed when it didn’t.

“No avail. This place is out of coverage.” I said under my breath and slumping my hands to my side. The others shared the same depression I felt when hope suddenly vanished from their faces.

One by one they fled the scene and I’ve never felt so low. After I discovered my phone, they went to their things too to rummage for their phones but most of it were lost or smashed to pieces.

Honestly speaking, this would be the dumbest group ever for a survival team. We tend to realize things when its already too late.

I’m in the verge of tears when they left disappointed, I failed them. They’re really expecting me to contact for help but this ty phone couldn’t catch any signal at all.

I felt someone tap my head, so I turned to see Namjoon smiling at me.

“Don’t feel bad. It’s okay. We already expect it from the start.” My eyes trailed to the other’s retreating figure.

“I doubt they did.” I replied. Namjoon just chuckled and pat my head once again.

“Let’s go and just help me distribute the food.” He said and turned to walk, I followed him.

We’ve been walking around the edges of the tunnel for I don’t know how many hours to get even just a single bar of signal but no such luck. Maybe we’re in the middle part of the tunnel that’s why. But I’ve got to try again later on.

I let out a sigh of breath before someone wraps itself to my neck and head lock me.

What the—

“Yaaaah!!” I shout and slapping the arm on my neck. There will be only one person doing this, as he really doesn’t treat me as a lady, it’s far from that!

“Jiiiin!” I screech when he didn’t. The person just laughed before he let go. I cradled my jaw with my palm, it freaking hurts!

I turned around and surely, it’s Jin laughing heartily. Gods, why is he playful today? I glared at him and pushed him with all my might.

But bless that body of his, he just tilts to the side but he failed to meet the ground.

“Aish, not now, Jin!” I said exasperatedly and turned to leave. But the persistent soul of his won’t leave me alone.

“Come on, Sowon. Don’t be so grumpy now eh?” he held my hand and intertwined it together with his.

“Why are you even acting so childish?” I shot back. I’m honestly not in the mood to play right now. Like seriously.

And as if he didn’t hear what I said, he starts swinging our arms. Lightly at first but eventually becoming aggressive he can rip my shoulder blades apart.

With that, I harshly released my hands from his grasp.

“Jin!” I started with a warning tone. But he just pout. Keep your cool, Sowon. I told myself.

Before things heat up and I might really smack him in the head, I half ran towards the others.

I met Yerin halfway and she’s passing food around. “Unnie—” (Korean) I didn’t bother letting her finish her words when I heard his voice behind me so I just pass her by and went directly to Namjoon.

“Please save me from him.” I pleaded as soon as I reached him. Namjoon stared at me for a while with confusion clouding his face until he turned to the person calling my name and approach me. When he realized, he just chuckled and tap my shoulder twice.

“Sowon—”

“Hey, man. I need some help over there, give me a hand.” (Korean) Namjoon cut him off and drag him away before he could even go near me.

I sigh in relief. Hyper Jin can never be tamed. It was confirmed by me during our days outside this hole. It is best to get rid.

“Unnieeee!” I almost drop the food I’m eating when Eunha suddenly ran to me full force embracing my body.

“Jungkook kept on stealing my food!” (Korean) she said and pointed behind her where Jungkook is grinning widely while approaching us.

Aish, another nuisance.

By the looks of it, I don’t need her words to be translated to know that Jungkook is bothering Eunha. Gods, why are the boys like this? I starting to feel headache.

“Kook, stop it.” I said and waved him off. Eunha hid in my back when Jungkook attempted to advance forward. He didn’t reply but he snickered like a baby when he ran to my back reaching for Eunha. The girl screamed bloody murder that hurt my eardrums.

Oh, for the love of God!!

And off they go, chasing each other. I almost slump on the floor when they left my side. This is so exhausting, I can’t deal with any of that anymore.

I just stuff my mouth with food when Namjoon returned, good thing he didn’t have Jin with him. I have to talk to him later though or he might treat me with the cold shoulder again.

“If you’re asking where he is, he’s with the other guys fooling around.” He said with a knowing smile on his lips. I turned to him and gave him a look saying ‘I-didn’t-even-ask’ but still grateful he informed me.

“Everyone is being childish today. Why is that?” I asked with a bitter tone. Here I am feeling the burden of no help to them but they just.. aish.

Namjoon shrugs. “Maybe that’s how they cope up with the situation right now. Especially earlier.” I frowned at what he said.

“Oh wow, so much for telling me that you’re all expecting it.”

Once again, he just chuckled. I should’ve enjoyed watching him since his dimples shows whenever he smiles or laughs, but I’m more annoyed now.

“Funny how Jay told me you’re quite an introvert. I don’t see it right now.”

“His name is Jin.” I announced.

“I though—”

“Yeah, because he’s so intent on hiding his name from me.” Namjoon just nodded at that and didn’t press anymore questions.

“About the introvert thing, well maybe I was once; being the only child and all. I don’t know now though.” I chuckled at the end, funny it is. I’ve been so afraid to be here at first know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter