In Denial

Lifeline

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were back on their seats but Chanyeol definitely wasn't prepared to go back to work. A few weeks ago he saw Kyungsoo kissing another man inside a club and today Kyungsoo just confirmed that he's indeed gay. While everyone's busy doing their job, Chanyeol quietly took a small notebook and wrote "Kyungsoo x Luhan" on a new page and took a peek at the previous page. It was filled with random information he got from Irene the other day and he frowned at one line where it says "Luhan x Junmyeon ???"

If Luhan and Kyungsoo were together, then did Luhan cheat on him and had a secret relationship with the leader?  Chanyeol was deep in his thoughts that he didn't notice someone was shaking his chair from the back.

"Hey! Chanyeooooool" Baekhyun called. It was only when Baekhyun tapped Chanyeol's shoulder that he noticed.

"Oh! Baekhyun, I'm sorry I was ..."

"Oh don't explain. Just help me with this project now, it's urgent." 

Chanyeol immediately went to Baekhyun's workstation and just like that he's back to work and forgot about the case. 

 

---

 

Shift's over and Chanyeol was the last person to leave the office. He didn't want to leave the office until he finished this work Baekhyun said was urgent. It was already 5PM, Baekhyun left 30 minutes before him. He packed his things as soon as his e-mail was sent to Heechul and Baekhyun. While he was on his way down the building, his mind was still preoccupied with the task he just completed - thinking whether it could have been done a lot better if they were given more time. He reached the ground floor, walked out of the elevator and headed straight to the exit of the building. As soon as he stepped out, someone called him out which startled him.

"Park Chanyeol!"

He slowly looked behind him and was confused when he saw Kyungsoo.

"We're you waiting for me?" Chanyeol asked pointing to himself.

"Obviously?" Kyungsoo responded with his poker face.

"W-why?" Chanyeol stuttered because he was overthinking again at that very moment. He's making me nervous.

Kyungsoo looked everywhere first, as if checking something, before grabbing Chanyeol's wrist and dragging him to a cafe Chanyeol have never been to.

---

Chanyeol sat down upon Kyungsoo's instruction. The other sat across him. A round table was between them. 

"Where are we? I- .. I mean of course this is a cafe." Chanyeol face-palmed and rephrased his question. "Why are we here?"

Before Kyungsoo answered, he took our something from his bag and put it on the table. 

That looks familiar. Chanyeol thought.

"Can't you recognize your own notebook?" Kyungsoo frowned.

It only took a few seconds before Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger and his mouth opened. He recalled leaving this small notebook on his desk when Baekhyun rushed him to go to his desk, and he immediately regretted his clumsiness.

"So.. tell me about this Luhan x Junmyeon you wrote there." Kyungsoo leaned his back on his chair's backrest and crossed his arms waiting for Chanyeol to respond.

Chanyeol wasn't sure what to say first. Shouldn't he be mad about Kyungsoo checking on things that aren't his? 

Kyungsoo waited for him to answer and there was silence.

"I'm sorry I took your stuff." Kyungsoo talked again.

"Uh.." Why am I feeling guilty about this? He's the one who took my notebook! Chanyeol was speechless.

"It's okay if you won't tell me. It's just that I saw your notebook lying open on your desk and I accidentally read that part. I thought you'd tell me." Kyungsoo's face was sad. Chanyeol could tell he's upset about that note. "I don't know why people tend to lie to me or hide things from me." He continued.

Chanyeol could feel so much weight from what Kyungsoo said.

"I wasn't hiding it, I was just waiting for the right time and I haven't proven that yet anyway." Chanyeol explained. He watched the smaller guy uncross his arms, brush his hair with his hand then wiped his face with it as if wiping out the disappointment, or was it sadness, on his face.

"Junmyeon..." Kyungsoo sighed. "I can't believe they really did cheat on me." He bit his lower lip trying to suppress his anger.

"Look, I haven't proven that yet. That was just a hunch based on my conversation with Irene so..."

"I saw them that day... But I refused to believe it was Luhan I saw with Junmyeon." Kyungsoo recalled just a few days after their celebration, they had to do an overtime job for a client. They were busy and all but he wanted to talk to Luhan for a bit but he wasn't in the office. He also noticed Junmyeon wasn't there. He searched for him in all parts of the building where they usually spend time to talk secretly, or kiss or touch each other. He wasn't in the building so he went outside, to the smoking area, to a nearby cafe and finally to a dark street where they do crazy daring stuff together. And just when he's about to reach the spot, he heard familiar noises - hot moans, that sound of pleasure. He was scared of what he's about to see but quietly peeked anyway. He recognized Junmyeon and he was so surprised to see someone kneeling in front of him, doing his dirty business. Junmyeon grabbed the man's hair and cried out Luhan's name. This caused Kyungsoo to step back and run away and head back to their office.

Chanyeol noticed that tears were about to fall from Kyungsoo's eyes. No, Chanyeol can't take that. He's not used to seeing his mentor this emotional and weak. He immediately stood up and asked for water from the cafe counter.

Kyungsoo snapped back to reality when he saw a cup of water placed in front of him. Chanyeol sat back to his seat smiling gently.

"Thanks." Kyungsoo took the cup and slowly drank the water. Chanyeol noted how fragile Kyungsoo looked at that moment. Both of his small hands holding the cup were slightly trembling.

"Do you want to eat anything. I'll buy you dinner." Chanyeol offered.

"No, I'm fine. Besides..." Kyungsoo paused before he decided to talk again. "Luhan's waiting for me at home. We'll have dinner together."

That was the second time Chanyeol went speechless that day. They live together??? 

"You're too obvious, Chanyeol. Can't we live together?" Kyungsoo was too amused at Chanyeol's reaction such that he laughed a bit. "We're still boyfriends, we can live together if we want to."

"Even after you knew he cheated on you?" Chanyeol frowned.

"It wasn't confirmed it was him." Kyungsoo's laugh was fading.

"Even when there were rumors about it spreading in your team?" He frowned even more and the tone of his voice changed.

"Yes, but those were just rumors. I love Luhan and I trust him." Kyungsoo said firmly, smile completely erased off his face. "Seems like I won't get anything from you aside from your judging look. I'll go ahead." Kyungsoo grabbed his bag and left Chanyeol frustrated.

This is actually pissing me off. Chanyeol grunted without realizing why.