Abruptly

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next two weeks passed quickly and JunJin and Charlotte saw each other less often once she changed her work schedule at the community center. She regretted not making more time to dance; her stress level was high and that in turn made her gain weight because she was stress eater. She tried to stay in shape by dancing at home but her downstairs neighbors didn’t appreciate it when she danced late into the nights. Her students from the dance class were excited to meet Jacob; she had finally told all the people in her world here in Seoul about him. She felt blessed that most of them accepted her in spite of it and had only lost touch with a few friends over it.

In the last few days before he arrived she had been busy with meal prep so that she could focus on him and had gotten a small futon to put in the living room so that her cousin would have somewhere to sleep while she was there. The night before he was due to arrive she stayed up late to bake cookies and as she waited for the last batch to come out of the oven her door buzzer went off and she wondered who would be here this late. She checked the timer; there were about five minutes left and she hurried to get see who it was. When she looked at the monitor she was shocked to see JunJin standing there. He was dressed casually, like he had decided to leave the house suddenly.She pushed the button so he could enter and went to take off her apron and pull the cookies out before she answered the door. Just as she set them on the counter, she heard him knock on the door. She went to answer it and smiled at him hesitantly.

“It’s awfully late, what are you doing out and about?”, she said as she let him in. He smiled wide as he looked at her. She looked adorable with a scarf wrapped around her hair, with just a few curls that peeked out. He could tell that he had been baking by the smell of vanilla and chocolate in the air. She also had a smear of flour on one cheek and another just to the left of her lips. He decided not to say anything about it, it was too cute.

“I was out cause I couldn’t sleep. I also wanted to drop something off for Jacob”, he held out a bag from the Lego Store in Seoul. She took it with a huge grin.

“This will definitely get you brownie points with him. He is a Lego freak”, she turned and headed to put the present in his room. JunJin followed her and laughed when he saw the room.

“He really does like Legos”, he went over and looked at the shelf full of Lego figures on a shelf as she set the bag on a little desk that was attached to the wall.

“He has even more at home. I didn’t buy any loose Legos because he had a suitcase full already”, she walked over to show him a table in one corner. The top was made of glued down Lego flats, “He usually just likes to build cities and stuff so I got a table and added the rest myself.” He went over and squatted to look at it.

“I bet he’s gonna love this”, he said with a sudden grin, “hey, do you think he would mind if I put that set together for him? It’s been years and I remember how much fun I used to have.” She looked at him and giggled and patted him on top of his head.

“He could care less who puts it together. I don’t mind because I’m usually the one that puts all of them together”, she giggled again, “and he usually takes them apart after a few days and mixes the parts in with the rest of his Legos.”

JunJin let out a belly laugh and smacked the table, “Sounds like someone I used to know”, he stood and went to get the gift he had brought and sat down crossed legged in front of the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter