No Worries

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Charlotte lay in bed half asleep in the morning a few days later and she felt the bed shift and a warm breath ghost over her face.

“I’m looking into your soul”, she heard a soft childish voice say and her eyes popped open. Once they focused she saw Jacob. He looked at her with a smile.

“You’re doing what?”, she said groggily and blinked as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight that streamed through her window.

“I’m looking into your soul”, he tried to make his voice creepy and crossed his eyes. She giggled and wrapped her arms around him and pulled him down on the bed.

“You are so silly, son”, she said and used one hand to tickle his side. He bucked in her arms and gasped.

“Don’t….. tickle…. me!!!”, he squealed shrilly and tried to get away.

“What’s all the racket in here?”, Tiffany popped her tousled head into the door. She’d gone out with some people she’d met at bar last night and she had been out way too late and had drank way too much.

“HELP ME!!!”, Jacob shrieked and flopped like a fish out of water as he tried to escape again. Tiffany rubbed her eyes, “Oh I thought something was wrong”, her head disappeared as she went to flop back onto the couch and pulled the blanket over her head.

Charlotte stopped and waited for Jacob to settle down; his face was red and his hair stood up all over his head. As soon as she let him go he slid off the bed and ran for the bathroom. She laughed and got out of bed to head into the kitchen and make breakfast. As she passed the couch she tapped Tiffany on the arm and told her to go crawl in her bed. Tiffany grumbled and sat up, the blanket still over her head and stumbled her way into Charlotte’s room and shut the door behind her.

Charlotte went over and started a pot of coffee and poured Jacob a glass of orange juice before she pulled out a box of pancake mix and started to mix up some batter. She got a skillet out and added a little oil before she turned it on to heat up.

“So what are we doing today?”, Jacob said as he came out of the bathroom. He had brushed his teeth and combed his hair down. He saw the juice on the table and sat down and took a drink.

“I was thinking we could go shopping and then head to the park for awhile. I’ve got a date with Jinnie tonight and Maggie and Minwoo offered to watch you while we are out”, she said as she started to pour the batter into the skillet.

“Cool!”,he said and came over to watch her. She let him pour a couple of small ones before she sent him to the fridge to get out the bowl of cut up fruit leftover from dinner last night. He got it and put it on the table. They finished breakfast and laid on the couch and watch cartoons for awhile before they got up and got ready to go to the park. Charlotte crept quietly into her bedroom and grabbed a dress and sweater and some flats while Jacob got himself dressed in his room. She grabbed her phone as she left the room and headed to the bathroom to get dressed. She noticed that the notification flashed and she swiped up and looked at the screen and saw that she had a text message.

C: I need your help. Can you meet me at Well Wishes? It’s a shop in Hongdae not far from Maggie’s shop. I hate to bother you on the weekend but I didn’t know who else to ask.

Charlotte: Of course I’ll help. I’ve got Jacob with me, Tiff is severely hungover this morning lol

C: poor thing….. So you will come soon?

Charlotte: Just let me get dressed and we will head that way.

Charlotte got dressed quickly and pulled her hair up and twisted it into a messy bun and washed her face. Hopefully it wouldn’t take her long to help Celeste and they would still have time to do everything they planned to do before the date. She went back out to the living to find Jacob in the living room, a backpack over his shoulder.

“We need to run and help Celeste with something. Then we will shop and go to the park”, she said as she grabbed her tote bag and made sure her grocery list and keys and everything was in it.

“I hope so too”, he said and pouted as they went down to get in the car. On the drive to Hongdae they talked about what they needed to get at the store and what they would do at the park. She found the shop Celeste told her to go to and they hurried inside. On a long couch along one wall she saw Celeste, Maggie and Kaye. They each had a cup of coffee and one sat on a low table in front of the couch. Celeste popped up and grabbed it and hurried over to her.

“Thank you! It’s absolute mess”, she said. Her eyes were puffy and she sipped at her coffee nervously.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?”, Charlotte said gently and led her back over to the couch and sat beside her.

“My cousin was supposed to come for the wedding. She was here awhile back and got fitted for her dress”, she said and took a deep breath and exhaled before she continued, “she called me today and told me she can’t make it. She has to travel for work and she can’t get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter