Shall We Dance?

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I took creative liberties with the events of the fan meet because there was so little footage and I only managed to watch a few videos. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Charlotte, Tiffany, and Jacob stood in line outside and waited for the doors to open. They had arrived early to get a good place in line even though they had good seats. Jacob skipped up and down the line of people impatiently.

“Moooom”, he sighed and laid down on the ground, “I’m bored. Is is time to go in yet?” he had managed to behave at first but as his patience wore thin he started to have a mini meltdown.

“Soon, baby. Can you get up off the ground now?”,Charlotte checked her phone again; the doors would open in less than ten minutes and they would be among the first 20 or so people inside.

“Fine”, he said and sat up then stood up and went to hold Tiffany’s hand, “I wish I had brought some of my Legos to play with.”

Tiffany laughed, “You would just lose them plus once it starts I’m sure you won’t even think about them.”

Charlotte smoothed her hands down the front of her jeans and resisted the urge to run her fingers through her hair. It was a humid day and her curls were already on the verge of frizzy.

“Would you like a fan?”, a soft voice said behind her and she turned to look. A short girl in a JunJin shirt behind her had a stack of round plastic fans in one hand held one out to her. It had a picture of Jinnie’s face on it.

“Yes, thank you”, Charlotte said with a smile and looked at it for a moment before she used it to fan herself. The girl handed one to Tiffany and Jacob also.

“Mom, who is this?”,Jacob said as he studied the fan.

“This is his party”, the girl behind them explained, “he wanted to celebrate with his fans”, she grinned and handed them each a couple of fan made cards and some pieces of candy.

“He’s famous?”, Jacob said as he took the candy and opened it.

“You don’t know who JunJin is?”, the girl almost squealed. Jacob shook his head.

“He’s Oppa”, the girl said and grinned, “after today you will know him.”

Charlotte fanned herself again, “He knows who he is, but he doesn’t know anyone’s names yet.”

“Oh… that’s cute”, the girl said and turned to talk to her friends and they started to giggle.

Charlotte turned around just as the doors opened and the crowd pushed forward. Tiffany gripped Jacob’s hand so that he wouldn’t get knocked down. Soon they were inside the air conditioned lobby and they handed their tickets to usher. He told them which door to take and as they made their way into the auditorium they were handed more fan made goods by various people. They got to their seats and Jacob sat down and started to dig through the bags of stuff.

“More candy….. pictures…… a keychain…..”, he said as he pulled each thing out. Tiffany and Charlotte looked through their bags also and got interrupted when someone tapped on Charlotte’s shoulder and she turned to look. A girl in a shirt that said staff had three orange plastic bags in one hand.

“These came with your tickets. We apologize for not giving them to you when you came in”, she handed then to her, bowed slightly and went away. Charlotte looked after her, a confused look on her face.

“Well, what’s in the bags?”, Tiffany said and took one and looked inside and squealed.

“Merch! It’s all the official merch that was for sale on the website and at the merch table outside the doors!”, she pulled out each thing and looked at it. Charlotte peeked inside her bag too and was shocked. Celeste must have done this and whoever managed to get Tiffany and Jacob’s tickets had done the same thing. Jacob pulled out the light stick and turned it on and started to wave it around in the air.

“This is cool! I like this light”, he said happily, all boredom forgotten.

“I can’t believe it”, Charlotte whispered, “almost all of this was sold out and they still managed to get it for us.” She looked at the umbrella in the bag and let out a giggle. “Does this mean I have to give the other one back now?” Tiffany had pulled out the smartphone ring and put it on the back of her phone.

“It was nice gift. We will have to let them know we appreciate it”, Tiffany said as she started to take pictures of the stuff and of Jacob with his light stick. An announcement came over the sound system that told them the fan meet would start soon and that phones needed to be put away so that they could enjoy their time with JunJin. In five minutes the lights went out and the auditorium was a sea of orange light sticks.

“It’s time!!”, Jacob started to bounce in his seat eagerly and pump his arm up and down.

Loud music started to play and a spot light lit up the middle of the stage. Charlotte held her breath and waited anxiously.

JUNJIN! JUNJIN! JUNJIN! JUNJIN!JUNJIN! JUNJIN!

The crowd started to chant his name loudly and wave their light sticks more frantically in the air as they got excited. Charlotte’s eyes scanned the stage for the man of the hour and just when she thought her heart would explode with excitement, he appeared onstage and the crowd went absolutely wild.

JUNJIN! JUNJIN! JUNJIN! JUNJIN!JUNJIN! JUNJIN!

“Hello my pretties!!!”, JunJin called out cheerfully as he walked into the spotlight and raised his arms up to wave at the crowd. He had a hard time seeing with the stage lights so bright but he could pick out a few faces and grinned as he caught the fan’s eyes.

“Thank you for coming out to celebrate my birthday with me. I can’t imagine anywhere I’d rather be tonight”, he said and bowed slightly.

“Did you come to have a good time tonight?”, he said and cupped his ear to hear the thunderous response of Yes from everyone there. Charlotte screamed along with everyone else and she saw Jacob jump up and down out of the corner of her eye. Tiffany seemed dumbstruck but managed to wave her light stick.

“Aww I can’t hear you. Let’s try again”, he said with a twinkle in his eye. the crowd took a deep breath and the response almost shook the rafters this time.

YES!!!!!!

Jinnie covered his heart with one and looked shocked, “Be careully, the building will fall down if you get that excited again. But I can feel your love and I’m thankful for it.” He bowed again and went to sit on a tall stool in the middle of the stage. A group of stage hands wheeled out a table and placed it in front of him. Charlotte leaned forward in her seat to catch every word he said and wondered if he even knew she was here.

“Let’s start this party with a game”, Jinnie said and smiled as a big colorful wheel was rolled out and placed beside him. On the wheel were different choices; y dance, cute dance, silly dance, dance off and crab dance were among the choices. He reached out to spin it and the fans cheered as it landed on y dance. He got up and went out to the front of the stage and started to dance and the fans freaked out; they screamed his name and Tiffany tried to cover Jacob’s eyes but the dance was over all too soon. Jinnie finished with an embarrassed smile, “I bet you wished for it to land on that one.” The crowd shouted that had indeed and he shook his finger at them and called them naughty girls but everyone could see his grin when he did it.

“Shall we spin again and then have a few songs before we have cake?”, he asked as he walked over to the wheel again and spun it. It was an extra hard spin and the wheel went around several times before it stopped. The choice was dance off.

“Oh this is a very special choice”, Jinnie said with a surprised look. From the left side of the stage a dancer came out with a box in her hands and walked over to him.

“I will pull a seat number out of this box and that lucky woman will get to come up and have a dance off with the birthday boy”, the dancer said into a mic. Jinnie looked confused, he didn’t remember that this was part of the fanmeet and he looked at the PD off stage who just nodded and smiled.

“Well, let’s find out who that lucky lady is”, Jinnie said as he recovered with a smile. The dancer stuck her hand into the box and dug around for a while before she pulled out a fold slip of paper. She held it up for everyone to see before she opened it and read the number.

“Row two….. seat 6…… row two seat 6”, the dancer said and scanned the crowd. Everyone groaned and looked to see who was in that seat and waited for them t stand up.

“That’s you, mom”, Jacob whispered as he looked at Charlotte. She was frozen as she stared at her ticket. It was indeed her seat number.

“Get up”, Tiffany hissed as she elbowed her cousin. The girls on either side of them jumped up and pointed at her.

“It’s her! She is in seat six”, one of them called out. Charlotte slowly set her things down and stood up as a couple of dancers came off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter