A Gift from his Heart

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week

“You did what?!”, JunJin said in shock as he looked at his best friends and their women in front of him.

They had gotten a hold of Kaye the night they had dinner together and made plans for her to get in on Thursday evening so she could rest before they dropped their plan on the unsuspecting dancer. It was now Friday night and they had told him to meet them at Beautiful Coffee after hours. He had been happy to see Kaye but wondered why she was here a week before originally planned. When they called him he had been about to go out to dinner with one of his choreographer friends but they had said it was urgent so he hurried over to the cafe.

As each one explained their role and how they had found out, he started to fidget in the overstuffed chair he sat in. Dongwan looked absolutely amused at the situation as he took random Polaroids of everyone; he was just thankful it wasn’t him the hot seat. Andy looked at his watch from time to time, distracted. He was supposed to be at home with his wife. The kids were with her parents for the first time in a while and he had looked forward to some alone time. Hyesung sat beside Celeste and messed with his sideburns nervously; only when Celeste cleared softly did he stop, give her a smile and slip his arm around her waist. Minwoo, ever the flirt, had pulled Maggie onto his lap and played with the feathers that dangled from her ears. She had her attention focused on JunJin as her fingers played with the fringe that decorated the rips in Minwoo’s jeans. Eric sat as close to Kaye as he could without being on her lap. He was thrilled she had made an extra visit and barely listened to JunJin’s shocked sputter. She grinned and slipped her hand into his and slid her fingers through his, glad that he was beside her.

“Hyesung, you weren’t supposed to say anything”, JunJin said as he looked at the nervous man.

“I can’t keep secrets from Celly, you know that. She can always tell when something is up”, Hyesung said and reached for his sideburns again. “Couldn’t even keep her in the dark the day Minwoo proposed”, he said sheepishly.

JunJin took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He had tried to fill his time with other things since the last time he saw Charlotte, even going so far as to agree to a blind date with one of his friends cousins. It had been a disaster of course. She was a rabid fangirl and every time he turned his back she had pulled her phone out and taken his picture. He swore he’ never do that again, no matter how much he needed a distraction.

“So you want to show her that I am…… myself? That what she sees is what she gets with me?”, he said as he looked at Eric and Kaye.

“Exactly, Baby Bird”, Kaye said with a grin. She knew he didn’t like to have his personal business out in the open but she hated to see him so miserable.

“You could always come with me when I got to Switzerland”, Dongwan said and snapped a picture of Maggie with her head leaned against Minwoo’s just before she looked at him and smacked his arm.

“Don’t you dare, Kim Dongwan!”, she snapped playfully, “just because you are happy to be Solitary Shinhwa doesn’t mean it’s right for Jinnie.”

“How do I do that? I mean, I am me and I don’t know how to be anyone else”, JunJin muttered.

“It’s more about trust, Jinnie”, Celeste said softly. “She wants to be able to trust you and have you be yourself with her always.”

“She is afraid of getting hurt because you might not be who you seem to be”, Maggie said and leaned against Minwoo again.

“She understands that you live a completely different life than she does and that what the public thinks is everything in your world”, Kaye said and squeezed Eric’s hand gently.

“So she’s like everything everyone else went through to be together but too stubborn to just give in and let it happen”, Wannie said and chuckled, “you can never do things the easy way, can you Park ChoongJae?”

JunJin bit his lip and let his eyes dart back and forth for a moment as he thought about everything that had been said.

“So, what’s the first part of the plan?”, he said and smiled at his friends.

 

Saturday morning

Charlotte had been at laundry all morning and she was exhausted. Tiffany and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter