The Ideal Woman

Through his eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week later

Tiffany and Jacob settled in well over the last week and it was nice for Charlotte to have someone to come home to after being alone the last six months. Jacob spent all his free time with his Legos and when he could be torn away, his mom and his cousin made him watch Korean cartoons so that he could start learning the language slowly before school started in the fall. Another upside of Tiffany being there was that Charlotte was able to get away and go to the studio and dance. She hadn't run into JunJin yet and she liked being able to slip back into her old routine. She hadn’t made it over to Beautiful Coffee yet but she looked forward to it.

On Saturday morning Charlotte, Tiffany and Jacob loaded up into the car and headed out to spend the day at the park. They packed a lunch and filled a couple of thermos with cold drinks; a weak soju punch for the women and fresh squeezed lemonade for Jacob. Once they reached the park they got the portable canopy they had brought all set up while Jacob ran off to play soccer with a bunch of other kids. They spread out a couple of blankets and got the cooler of food out. Tiffany got the punch out and poured them each glass as they sat down and looked at the park full of people.

“Wow, its cool that this is just what you do here”, she sipped her drink, “plus the fact that we can drink in public while we do it.” Just then a delivery guy on a scooter pulled up to the group next to them and Tiff watched as he gave food to the people, took payment via a credit card and drove away.

“OMG food delivery in the park? Are you kidding me?”, she squealed and Charlotte laughed.

“Mcdonald’s does delivery too”, she said as she watched Jacob chase after the ball and kick it hard while the other kids cheered him on. Tiff set her drink down and flopped back onto the pile of cushions they had brought with them.

“Amazing! I may never go back home”, she giggled and kicked her feet. The people next to them started to eat and a radio. There was a interview program on and Charlotte listened as she sipped her drink.

“And today’s guest is Shinhwa’s JunJin. Let’s welcome him to the studio”, the announcer said and Charlotte choked as she swallowed.

“Hello this is JunJin and thank you for inviting me to the show to talk about my upcoming birthday fanmeet”, JunJin’s deep voice flowed out of the radio’s tiny speaker and one of the women squealed and turned it up even louder.

“Omo, it’s JunJin….. he’s so handsome”, she said to her friends and shushed them so she could listen.

Charlotte rubbed her eyes and stood up, “Hey cuz, I’m gonna take a walk and check on Jacob”, she said to her cousin, who had slipped her headphones on to watch an anime on her phone. Tiff just waved at her and smiled. Charlotte topped her drink off before she left and started to walk towards where Jacob was. There were several other groups that had their radios turned to the same program and she heard bits and pieces of the interview as she walked.

“I wanted to do something special for the fans on my birthday”, she heard him say as she passed a group of women who listened intently. She started to walk faster and tried not to listen as she went. There was a picnic table by the area where the kids played and she sat down and waved at Jacob, who waved back and ran off to chase the ball.

“Geez, just when I though I had gotten him out of my head. Of course he would do a radio interview and everyone would be listening to it”, she muttered to herself as she sipped her drink.

In the studio

“So, JunJin what is your ideal woman?”, the announcer asked, “I’m sure your fans are dying to know.”

JunJin chuckled softly and took a sip of his water before he answered.

“I’ve been asked this many times and it’s mostly the same every time. I’d like to find a woman that is a devoted mother and loving wife. I love children so having at least two would be great”, he said and looked at the host.

“And what do you think your perfect woman will look like? Do you have a celebrity in mind?”, the host said with a smile and glanced at the notes JunJin had given him before the interview started.

“True beauty comes from inside so physical appearance isn’t terribly important. If her eyes sparkle when she looks at me and she has a beautiful smile I think I could fall in love easily”, JunJin said with a soft smile. The host looked confused and pointed at the notes.

“And if she has curly hair, that would be good too. And a tan that makes her look healthy”, JunJin grinned and shrugged. He had decided not to go with the notes to answer this question.

“And the question all your international fans would like to know: would you date a foreigner?”, the host dabbed a trickle of nervous sweat off his cheek with a tissue.

JunJin leaned close to the mic and answered without hesitation, “Yes.”

“And one last question for the idol of the hour, if your perfect woman had been married before, would you hesitate to pursue a relationship or would you see that as an opportunity to show her that second chances really do exist?”, the host asked as he got to the last card of questions.

“I think that sometimes we have to make a mistake to understand how to do things right. So, yes, I would proceed with a new relationship with a woman that had been married before”, JunJin said seriously and ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

“Thank you for opening up to us and sharing your inner thoughts. Maybe that woman is out there and you just need to keep looking for her. To our listeners, make sure to buy tickets to see him on his birthday and help him celebrate the day in wonderful style”, the host reached across the table and shook JunJin’s hand and turned his mic off and hit a button to start a song. Before JunJin took his headphones off, he heard the beginning notes of hos song You start and he smiled.

“Thank you for stopping in to talk today.”, the host said graciously and JunJin smiled at him.

“Sorry for throwing you off with the questions. I didn’t realize I wanted to change my answers until you asked me the qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter