Chapter 68

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: During what was hopefully your final confrontation with the Jin Sasaeng group, Namjoon showed a protective side you didn't expect. Thankfully he saved you from a punch in the face, though you returned home relatively shaken...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“I'm sorry you had to see me like that [Y/N].”

You didn't know why Namjoon was apologizing. If he hadn't stepped in you would have ended up in some serious trouble. That boy really wasn't joking around, carting around a bag of rocks and all. Sure, Namjoon had a scary side of himself, but how else would he have successfully intimidated that guy into leaving?

Of course you knew he wasn't really like that.

“You don't need to apologize. I'm grateful, very grateful.” you told him, looking over from your spot on the edge of his bed. The large window that sat at one end of the room cast fresh light into it and illuminated you both in a crisp manner. His greyish lilac locks stood out all the more this way, his somewhat small eyes still showing their emotion in the boldest manner. It was clear he felt ashamed, and indeed he did.

Namjoon wanted to be someone you could look up to, all of you. He wanted to be a worthy leader, someone you could trust, someone who knew how to keep a level head and stay calm in any scenario. Yet he had lost his cool back there. The thought of anyone ever hurting you...it was making him clench his fists all over again.

Yet your gentle touch came over and graced his whitened knuckles, them softly, before your hand took his properly and gave it a squeeze. He looked over at you sheepishly, and you just shot a genuine smile at the tan-skinned boy.
“Really, thank you.”
That seemed to calm him enough. You were certain he'd still be thinking about it for a few days from now, as would you, but given that no word had spread amongst you (for the sake of keeping things relatively relaxed while Jungkook recovered), that was alright. Taehyung knew what happened too of course, but he had sworn not to tell a soul.

Speaking of Tae, the door to the room suddenly swung in and there he appeared, a bag of honey chips in each hand and one held between his teeth. He closed the door smoothly with the back of his ankle, waddled over and dropped the two packets into both your laps, before releasing his own from his maw. He still seemed worried too, which was why he gave you this offering. Well, it was a tasty one, so you took it.

“They were such meanies...I can't believe they tried to do that to you Jagi...” Taehyung pouted and flopped down on the bed next to you, his hand coming over, the back of it gracing tenderly against your cheek. It was only meant to comfort, and of course he was as naively innocent as always, but his baby soft skin against yours was enough to make you flush nonetheless. Namjoon didn't notice, too busy staring pensively into his opened bag of chips, inhaling the slightly sweet scent of them.

“Well, it's over now. I have a feeling they wont be bothering us again.” you sighed, actually relieved that things had come to a head in that way. Now you wouldn't have to brace yourself for any more unwanted surprises, since Namjoon had successfully scared them off. You had Hoseok and the others to thank too for helping sort things out.

It had gone on long enough. You were just glad to see the back of it.
Though of course, some problems still plagued the household. Jungkook seemed to be getting better with every passing day, but it was still such a shame for him to be trapped on the couch most of the time. You knew he would give just about anything to get up and run around at this point, even if Jin always insisted against it and made sure he stayed put.

Shoving a crisp chip in your mouth, you savoured the flavour while silently hoping that he'd get much better soon...
 


 

“Thanks so much for coming over and helping us out, it really means a lot.” you beamed from the doorway, “I think it made Jungkook feel much better too.”
Lisa and Jennie bowed respectfully, with the blonde stepping forth to take your hand and give it a firm shake. She was a little bit quirky in her mannerisms sometimes, and you could 100% respect that.
“Hey no problem, here's hoping my fellow maknae gets better. And it was nice meeting you too [Y/N]!”

Not long after that they were both off back to YG, understandably intending to make up for lost time, though they hardly resented spending it in your shared house. Most idols who came here seemed like they wanted to stay as a permanent resident.

Though 'permanent' wasn't quite the word. Your time was still limited, but that was okay. The days had edged by at a slower pace recently since most of you had been stuck at home taking care of Jungkook, but the plus side of that was that December took its sweet time to roll around. As soon as it did though, thoughts began to turn to the main event. It was hard to ignore after all, what with all the festive adverts on TV and the ornaments displayed in shop windows whenever you'd go out. Even the cafe you and Jimin worked at was starting to plan a seasonal menu.

Maybe it was the rise in Christmas spirits that did the trick, but Jungkook finally started walking again. It would still be New Years by the time he properly recovered (provided that nothing unforeseen happened) b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter