Chapter 67

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Although still feeling torn, life goes on...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“Honey chips, honey chips, honey chips~!”
“Tae, that's not all we came here for. We need ice packs and medicine for Jungkook.”
“I know I know Jagi! But promise we can buy some afterwards, pleeeeaaaase? Oh! And pudding too~! Pudding pudding pudding~!”

Namjoon's eyes rolled so high they were practically swallowed by his hairline. Still, he couldn't deny that Taehyung was all kinds of adorable when he was like this, especially when he was around you. You seemed to have that effect on people. They always became a little more...sunny around you.

He'd felt it himself too, though he couldn't deny that he was wishing he could have more time together alone with you. It seemed like Jungkook and Yoongi were always clinging to you, and even Hoseok was like that these days. Hell, Jin too could be caught hovering nearby wherever you happened to be, like a fancy little moth to a flame.

Tae had always been that way. But Namjoon...well...he worried that he had been too distant with you. Right from the moment they had all arrived at that house he had adopted the role of 'Mama', and since then he'd stuck fast to the title. Never budging. Always...stuck. Stuck behind the stove while you all built bonds with each other.

Though maybe he had just been a little afraid. Taking a long break like this had its pros and cons. On the one hand, it gave all the members plenty of time to recuperate and prepare for an epic comeback. On the other hand...it made them all more vulnerable. What if any one of them decided they'd had enough, and broke off to go solo? What if they returned with only four or five members?

Could happen.
And people, even as close as they were, could get sick of each other when they spent that much time in one place. That was what he feared, and that was why he had tried to maintain so much order, tried to keep tabs on everyone and ensure nothing could go sour.

In turn, he had also isolated himself. He was the boss...but also the lone wolf.

Maybe that was why he had been so eager about running this errand with you. Well, he had assumed it would be with you and you alone, though Taehyung had decided to tag along at the last minute, all because of the possibility he might get a snack. Some people were all too easily pleased...

“Yes yes, I'll buy you pudding. Hey look, we're already here-”
You pointed up at the red, orange and green above that signalled the local 7-11. Ah, 7-11. Truly an oasis in the desert that was Seoul. Plus you reckoned you'd be able to pick up some basic meds here for poor Jungkook.
“Yay!” Taehyung clapped eagerly, grinning at you with that boxed smile of his. “Let's go Jagi~!”

His hand took yours and you stumbled in after. Namjoon followed quietly.

The shopkeeper raised his head lazily, fixed his glasses, then got back to reading the manhwa in his hand. It was later in the day so the shelves were a little barren in places, but not to any extreme extent. Nobody in the neighbourhood was going to starve at least.

“Ok, let's see what we need.” Namjoon glanced down at the small slip of paper in his hand which served as a simple shopping list. Taehyung had already skipped away down one of the other aisles to go source some snacks, but thankfully you actually chose to stay by Namjoon's side this time around, smiling sweetly and all. He glanced down at you with those almond eyes of his.

“Maybe we should buy Jungkook some of his favorite foods to help cheer him up. What do you think?” you looked up at Namjoon curiously. Pushing his tongue against the inside of his cheek, he thought.
“Hmm...well he likes pizza. I mean, who doesn't.”
“Alright, we'll get him some pizza then.”

Pausing momentarily, you rubbed your neck lightly with your hand, feeling some sweat upon it. Even if it was edging close to evening, it was pretty toasty. Even approaching the freezer aisle didn't help much.

“Hold on a sec, I'm gonna go out and get some fresh air.”
“Oh, need some help?” Namjoon asked, but you shook your head and excused yourself. Once you stepped out onto the open streets again you took a breath and exhaled slowly.

It's already winter yet I'm working up a sweat? Weird...
Maybe I'm just worried about him. Poor Jungkook...

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter