Chapter 62

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Hoseok quite literally nearly kissed you, but chickened out last minute. After a chat with Mama Jin, you only felt more confused about it all. At least Halloween was on the way...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Halloween was here.
It felt like your birthday had only been yesterday, yet suddenly the creepiest time of the year had arrived. Then again...it was almost like another birthday, with the boys' costume choices serving as your presents. You were sure to be amused...

The yearly event fell on a Tuesday, so you were all busy during the day. That was fine though, for your work at the cafe was even more enjoyable thanks to it. You walked in during the morning only to find the establishment was adorned with fake cobwebs, black and orange garlands and little plastic pumpkins on the tables.

Perhaps most entertaining was the fact that Lim had come in wearing a costume. Granted, she often dressed up in her own kind of style, like a little doll. This day was no different. She showed up in a sweet little black and red lolita-style outfit and seemed to have powdered her face to give her that porcelain look. Needless to say, she looked like she almost wasn't human. Creepy but cute.

“You'll need to give me tips about your skincare regime. You haven't got a single blemish under that makeup. I can tell.” you praised her while taking her order for some limited edition spooky bundt cake. Because you had that here, apparently.
“Well, I'd say it's because of my cleanser...but then again...” Lim's circle-lensed eyes drifted past you and focussed on the boy diligently waiting tables- only dressed up in his uniform as you were too, “...maybe it's a side effect of spending time around my oppa...”

She leaned back and glanced up at you with a charming little smile. “You too, of course, unnie.”
All you did was let out a dry chuckle. It was all you really could do when it came to her.
“Of course...”

The day seemed to fly by after that point. A few other patrons came in dressed up in costume, but they were probably on their way to parties or something. Lim was different in the sense that she had probably only gone to that effort to please Jimin. Unfortunately, he seemed to be distancing himself from her even more than usual, but at least you went out of your way to pay her compliments.

That made her happy enough.

Soon you bid her farewell and walked home with the decidedly quiet roommate of yours. With him now sporting a pale blonde hairdo and sometimes choosing to wear fitting light blue contacts around the house, he looked even more ethereal. He was being so quiet...like a ghost...

You didn't want to press for anything though. You could be bad for that, and who was to say whether that kind of approach would pay off or not? Sometimes it was better to just leave people to sort out their own problems. Sometimes...

“I'm excited for the party tonight.” you did comment as the two of you went into the porch and took off your shoes so you could enter the heart of the house. Yes, you had all been invited to a Halloween party by none other than Jennie- who'd made a point of getting in touch and inviting the household. Supposedly she was planning to get the other BLACKPINK members to show up if she could, which was something you were definitely looking forward to. You'd love to meet the rest of them.

Though it added some extra pressure. You didn't just have to worry about impressing BTS, you had to look good in-front of a whole other idol group too. And hell, you'd asked Chanyeol too if he wanted to come with Luhan and any other members of EXO who were available. He'd seemed to express that they'd all be busy, but there was still a chance that they'd end up appearing too.

Was your costume going to be good enough? Well...you hoped so.
Still, this was primarily about having fun. There was no point getting so stressed, nor as serious as Jimin was being. Seriously though...what was bothering him so much?

Again, you tried to distract yourself. And Yoongi actually managed to do that for you, very successfully, as soon as you spotted him in the lounge.

The laughter continued for quite a while until you finally composed yourself enough to ask him:
“Okay...how much did they pay you?”
It was like something from a dream. A bizarre, wonderful dream. Yoongi, the stubborn little grump himself, was dressed up as...a pumpkin.

Literally. A big orange pumpkin, cartoonish expression and all.

His head popped out the top of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter