Chapter 12

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Prepared to spend a lot of time together with the BTS crew, you all decide to start the year off on a good note with a shaved ice party in the garden. But someone has to go and fetch the ingredients, and as it turns out, Jungkook doesn't want you going without him...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols or companies mentioned.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“I'll go with you, [Y/N]!”

Jungkook was looking at you eagerly, even if he was still showing his nerves. His sudden exclamation had surprised you. It had surprised everyone.

“Woahoho, lookie lookie at lil' Jungkookie~” Hoseok shifted forward in his seat and grinned at the younger boy. “I'm guessing the cat finally let go of your tongue.”
“Hey now, don't pick on him Hoseok-Hyung.” Jimin tutted, folding his arms and humming softly, in that effeminate sort of voice he had. “I can go too-”

“-No you can relax here Jimin-ah.”
Again with the blurting out from Jungkook. This time you were all really astonished.
“'Jimin-ah'?” Suga quirked a brow, and you could see the Golden Maknae visibly shrink before your eyes.
“I-I mean...Jimin-Hyung. Sorry.”

“It's not like I mind.” Jimin said and shrugged, but he seemed to be pouting a little. Less about the name calling and more about the fact you'd be going alone with Jungkook. Sue him for wanting to join you two, right?

“Why don't I drive you both there?” Jin offered with a smirk, and Namjoon scoffed.
“Well if you think you can do a better job than me, go right ahead.” The rapper looked aside.

This was alarming. Well, to a newcomer at least. You were well aware that BTS always carried this sort of...harsh banter between the members. It was still a bit disconcerting to witness in reality though.

Then again...a weird sort of atmosphere had risen in the room as soon as Jungkook had demanded to go with you. It was almost stifling...and it made you want to get out quicker.

“Shall we go then, Jungkook?” You hurriedly offered, and the boy wasted no time in nodding and hurrying to the porch with you. Your state of dress wasn't exactly going-out wear, but you were willing to risk looking a little bit slobby if it meant escaping the tense feeling in the lounge.

“Buy me honey chips!”
Taehyung called after you both, but you were already long gone.
 


 

Jungkook drove you to the supermarket with him. The ride in the front of the car they all shared (though technically Namjoon owned) was awkwardly quiet, so you filled the time by just admiring his driving skills. He couldn't have got his license that long ago given his age, but already he was proving to be a pro on the road.

Well, the Golden Maknae never disappointed, did he?

“Here we are-”
Jungkook parked in one of the levels and you both stepped out into the stony complex space, hearing your footsteps echo. It was almost like being underground when you were in one of these multi-story parking spots.

It was only a short walk into the actual supermarket, where you quickly set about searching for ingredients together. Though, rather than splitting up to get it done quicker, Jungkook preferred to just tail after you.

Soon enough it grew too much to bear, and while you were searching for syrup you turned around in one of the aisles to face him.
“Jungkook...I'm not gonna run off you know.”
“Huh?” He seemed almost dazed when you actually addressed the issue, and he quickly coughed up an excuse. “N-no, I mean...I figured you might need help carrying some things-”

“That's why we have a basket.”
You tapped the handle of the one you were carrying with your other hand. The boy went as red as strawberries and shuffled uncomfortably on his heels.
“O-oh...right...”

You smiled sympathetically and shook your head in near disbelief. “Damn. I thought for sure I'd be the shyest one in Seoul, but I think you have me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter