Missing Winter

Goodbye Summer..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



1

I roamed around the airport for my friend. Where is she? We have a photoshoot in three hours. We need to get ready by then. I continued to browse through the sea of people inside the airport. It’s summertime, people are coming to Korea for a vacation. Summer. Thoughts of this certain person flashed in my mind. I shook my head and willed the thoughts away.

Turning my head in different directions, I met a few smiling and admiring faces. Well, it’s nothing new. Since I entered high school, I’ve been used to this kind of attention. No, I'm not a well-known actress. No, I'm not an Idol or singer. I'm just a runway and print ad model. Okay, now that sounded weird. I don't know why I used the word 'just'...I know it's a tough job but...well you know, I wanted something different than this. Anyway, towering over everyone else with your long legs is really a sight to see. Having this kind of aura…this charm is a bonus for me. My name’s Choi Sooyoung and today I’m waiting for my choding friend to come out. We just arrived from a fashion show in America. I went out ahead of her because I don’t want to be late. I’m strict with schedules. I don’t want to be late for something…I learned my lesson years ago.

Aish. Where is she? Then I felt my stomach rumble. Argh. Im Yoona, you are so going to get it. I Know! I’ll eat in a restaurant and order anything I want. Then I’ll ask Yoona to come for me and ask her to pay the bill. Perfect! I’ll have my revenge! Harhar! I turned around to look for a restaurant but instead I found myself staring at this girl who’s staring back at me. I creased my forehead, squinted my eyes and tried to have a good look at her. She turned away and looked for her phone. Is she what I think she is?? I walked to her but she pretended that she’s talking to someone on the phone. Aw c’mon. I can really tell she’s faking it…such cheap acting. When I got to her side she said her last lines. 

“Yeah…So what time are we having dinner? Okay, Okay. Bye.” My heart skipped a beat when I heard her voice. I can’t mistake that voice for someone else. She’s really her. She’s Jung Sooyeon. 

I composed all of my strength to stop myself from hugging her real tight. She crossed her arms over her chest and then checked herself. I saw her reach for right wrist, she touched something but I can’t see what it is.

I kept on glancing at her, studying her face…her actions. Then Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream echoed throughout the airport. Hearing the lines of the song took me down memory lane.

I remembered that Monday when we met at school. I was seating on the swing alone not because I was but because I didn’t had any breakfast that morning. No food, no energy. I sulked all morning at that playground in school. Then this girl approached me and introduced herself. I was still not in the mood so I ignored her. Then she pushed me off the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter