Being Emotional

Being the perfect omega

a/n: I think I may have unknowingly created a frying pan squad out of you guys. Please do hold on to that frying pan okay, we’ll let Mark know we meant business.

 

I do apologize for the long wait, I just had a tight schedule the past week.

 

---

 

It was a beautiful sunset when Mark had found himself walking along the shore, with Jaebum just a few feet away guarding him. The sky was painted in different shades of blue, pink and oranges, and it was a sight that he would remember for the rest of his like. He sat on a large rock by the shade of a coconut tree when he noticed a figure sitting on the sand, alone and quiet. He squinted his eyes and was not surprised to see that it was Jackson. He felt a pang in his chest but he shook his head before he focused his attention to the setting sun, the big orange mass descending down into the pits of the ocean.

 

Mark felt the cool breeze tingle his skin and he smiled, it felt like his childhood days, free from responsibilities of being the next alpha to a kingdom. He then sighed, he could have died today and he’d willingly accept that but now he was unsure if he wanted to continue this sad life of his when he felt so complicated in different ways.  He sighed; he never wanted this burden in his life.

 

Jackson was alone by the beach, knees drawn to his chest as he rested his chin on top. He held back the tears, he knew it was pointless but what can he do but hope that things will change. He felt a stab  in his heart and knew what that meant; he had learned a lot from his omega teacher and whatever the text book described this situation, it was ten times worse. Jackson felt the dusk breeze and he shivered slightly, wearing his thin clothes out so late into the day was a bad idea after all. But he was too tired to go up and grab something to shield his body from the cold so he sniffed and just braved the wind.

 

Mark saw, he wasn’t blind after all, and he felt responsible for no apparent reason. He stood and took off his cardigan and handed it to Jaebum. “He’s getting cold, I’m heading back.” Mark simply said and Jaebum nodded in understanding, sighing as he approached the omega.

 

Jackson was startled when he felt the warm cloth graze his shoulders and looked up to see Jaebum smiling softly at him. “Thank you.” Jackson said softly and Jaebum shook his head.

 

“It’s Mark’s” Jaebum explained.

 

“I know.” Jackson replied, inhaling the scent of the alpha owner of the cardigan.

 

They stared at the horizon for a while before Jaebum spoke. “You can’t hind it forever, your highness.” Jaebum said with brow furrowed. “Mark will eventually find out that you saved him.” Jaebum said and Jackson hugged his knees tighter.

 

“It won’t change anything Jaebum hyung. He’ll be as thick skulled as he is right now and won’t accept the glaring truth even if presented to him.” Jackson replied. “Let him believe that you are his savior, it will do both of us good.” Jackson continued.

 

“You are a good souls Jackson, I wish I could help you.” Jaebum said and Jackson gave him a bittersweet smile.

 

“Keep a secret hyung.” Jackson replied and Jaebum returned the smile with his own bittersweet one.

 

“I will. And we should head back.” Jaebum said but Jackson waved him off.

 

“I’ll stay for a little while. Thank you for the concern Jaebum hyung.” Jackson said and Jaebum bowed before leaving.

 

Jackson could hear the gentle crashing of waves and the rustle of the trees. He felt at peace as he sniffed the clothing, sighing before he released the tears that he was holding back. It was pointless to feel hopeful, his mind was saying to him but his heart would not give up, it was really a complicated mess and all it left him was pain.

 

If only there was a way to solve this.

 

The morning after, the monarchs returned to the palace, leaving Minhyuk and Jooheon to spend their honeymoon at peace. Jaejoong and Yunho thanked their hosts and reminded them of the party at their kingdom to introduce Jooheon as Minhyuk’s official mate.

 

“We are expecting you to come as well.” Jaejoong directed to Jackson who smiled without reaching his eyes. “There will be bachelors attending and you might find your mate.” Jaejoong informed him and Jackson could only nod.

 

“See you in 2 weeks then.” Yunhoo shook hands with Henry and the Ahgasean Royal Family travelled back to their kingdom.

 

Once back at their palace, Yunho had instructed Mark to meet him at his office. Mark groaned but he has to follow his father no matter what. After changing out of his travel clothes, Mark went to his father’s office and bowed at the king, knowing that this is something political if it was urgent.

 

Yunho motioned for his to sit down as Jaejoong entered followed by a couple of servants with brewed tea and biscuits. Jaejoong sat across Mark and Yunho cleared his throat. “You almost got yourself killed.” Yunho started and Mark felt like rolling his eyes, it was an accident. “I sure hope you learned your lesson Mark.” Yunho was stern and his voice showed it.

 

“I did your highness.” Mark replied, knowing the weight of his actions now that his father is speaking as a king and not his father.

 

“Then this you must heed.” Yunho handed him a scroll. “Read it.” Yunho instructed and Mark opened it and read the document.

 

“Do you understand the gravity of the situation Mark?” Yunho inquired and Mark nodded.

 

“A year.” Mark responded dryly and Jaejoong placed the cup he was sipping down and stared at his son.

 

 

“We were generous enough to give you freedom to choose your mate, but we cannot wait any longer than that.” Jaejoong replied calmly. “You are to be officially crowned as a the Ahgasean Prince and as the laws dictated, the prince must be mated before the crowning or his title would be forfeited.” Jaejoong told his son who nodded.

 

“We can’t have you not take over the crown Mark.” Yunho added.

 

‘is this about the lineage? Are you forcing me to mate for the crown?” Mark dared to ask, voice a little apprehensive.

 

“Do you take us such power hungry monarchs Mark?” Yunho inquired back, controlling his temper as much as he can.

 

“You do know the council has been after your head Mark, and we can only do so much for you.” Jaejoong explained. “giving up the crown to the council, what assurance do we have that they will take care of this kingdom just as much as our ancestors, our lineage, had?” Jaejoong added and it made Mark felt guilty.

 

Mark knew some of the council members had vested interest, and when he was punished back in the days, he vowed never to give in to those filthy corrupted officials. He closed his eyes and exhaled loudly. “I understand.” Mark replied.

 

“A year Mark that’s all we could offer you as consolation.” Yunho emphasized.

 

“And what about the possible mate if I didn’t find one on time?” Mark asked.

 

“We had already signed a contract with a omega noble’s parents. They’ll allow their son to mate with you if you and their son hasn’t found mates by then.” Yunho explained.

 

“And what if one of us did find our mate?” Mark asked back.

 

“There are many proposals for both parties, we’ve got that covered.” Yunho assured his son.

 

“Can I know my potential mate’s name then” Mark asked and Yunho shook his head, it is for the best.

 

Mark was expecting it but he didn’t know it was this serious that a contract was even signed; his parents are scary if they wanted to. Mark entered his room and Jinyoung attended to him immediately.

 

“You are pregnant Jinyoung, you need to rest.” Mark said but Jinyoung glared at his prince.

 

“I am pregnant yes, but I am not disabled. Youngjae has been really quiet and if I take my meals on time and no over exert myself, I will be fine.” Jinyoung replied and Mark nodded, sitting on his bed and asking for a glass of water from the retainer.

 

“Jinyoung.” Mark called out and Jinyoung hummed to acknowledged the call.  “What does it feels like to have a mate?” The prince asked and Jinyoung smiled, he had felt his connection with Jaebum even before they presented and just naturally gravitated to each other after presenting; courting wasn’t even necessary on their part.

 

“How can I explain it huh?” Jinyoung started. “It feels wonderful. Before, I would feel burdenedand empty. It’s as if something was missing and I can’t point a finger at it. But after I met Jaebum and we stuck together, he protected me and made my heart flutter; I knew I found what was missing.” Jinyoung was happy, genuinely happy and it made Mark smile too; was having a mate made you this happy? Will a mate really complete you? Mark would never know until he find his mate.

 

“Are you planning on mating then Your Highness?” Jinyoung asked and Mark sighed.

 

“More like forced to.” Mark replied. “Political reasons.” Mark added and Jinyoung nodded. Would I be truly happy then Jinyoung?” Mark asked softly that made Jinyoung sigh.

 

“If you trust your heart, open it up and let your inhibitions go, you might find your mate is just under your lashes.” Jinyoung comforted his charge.

 

“I..” Mark bit his lower lip as he kept his eyes averted from his retainer. “I can’t tell which is which.” Mark confessed and Jinyoung took the prince into a hug. Jinyoung felt like a safe haven, like a mother to a crying child and Mark melted into his arms.

 

“I am sorry my prince, we couldn’t do anything back then.” Jinyoung said while rubbing comforting circles on the prince’s back. ‘but now we can, you can.” Jinyoung added and he felt Mark yawn. Jinyoung then hummed a lullaby just as Jaebum checked up on the prince.

 

The guard smiled lovingly at the scene, Mark has always been so fragile past the cold exterior. Mark had been robbed of a happy childhood, Jaebum knew that too well and had been a witness to how the prince was groomed to be the perfect alpha, ripping him of emotions that a child should not have undergone.

 

Jaebum slowly walked towards his mate and sat next to him, Jinyoung rested his head automatically o Jaebum’s strong shoulders. “He’s tired isn’t he?” Jaebum asked and Jinyoung nodded. “Let’s allow him to rest.” Jaebum said and took Mark’s body off of Jinyoung and gingerly placed him on the bed, Jinyoung covering the prince’s body with the duvet.

 

“Why does it feels like he is our first born?” Jinyoung asked and Jaebum kissed his mate’s temple.

 

“Maybe because he is our first born to take care of.” Jaebum replied and it only made Jinyoung’s maternal instincts kick in full drive.

 

“We have to do something.” Jinyoung blurted out.

 

“Mark has to fight this one on his own, let him grow his wings and lead the Pheonix Kingdom too soarig heights.” Jaebum said and Jinyoung smiled and kissed his mate on the lips.

 

“You sound like a father right now.” Jinyoung chuckled. “Youngjae loved it.” Jinyoung replied, taking Jaebum’s hand and placing it on his relatively flat stomach.

 

“what if it’s a girl?” Jaebum asked, leading the mate out of the prince’s room.

 

“You can name her then if it’s a girl.” Jinyoung replied and it made Jaebum smile.

 

 

….

 

Minhyuk would get to the bottom of this and he’ll get his answers whether Jooheon liked it or not. Minhyuk crossed his arms in front of his chest and faced his mate who was grinning sheepishly. “Spill it Jooheon.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon just smiled and led him to the breakfast table.

 

“We will discuss this after breakfast, I am afraid that you won’t be able to eat anything once I tell you.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk had no choice. “Just so you know, this was the best option for everyone.” Jooheon added and Minhyuk pouted.

 

‘I am not dumb Jooheon, I know when things aren’t as it should be.” Minhyuk explained.

 

“I know, I do know I mated a smart omega, just eat okay, I promise to tell you everything.” Jooheon said and Minhyukk took his spoon and started eating.

 

Jooheon held Minhyuk’s hands as they sat on their bed, facing each other and both looked nervous. “I can handle it Jooheon.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon nodded.

 

“where do I start?” Jooheon asked.

 

“what about lying who saved Mark.” Minhyuk replied and Jooheon nodded.

 

“I want you to let me finish without interruption okay?” Jooheon said and Minhyuk nodded. “Jackson requested it.” Jooheon said and eyed his mate who nodded. “He’s unmated and  it will lead to forced mating with Mark.” Jooheon said and eyed Minhyuk who opened his mouth but closed it quickly after seeing the semi glare his mate was giving him. “But it was only the partial truth, Jackson asked to keep it as secret because Mark-hyung doesn’t like Jackson very much.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk sighed.

 

“is that really it?” Minhyuk asked and Jooheon nodded.

 

“I didn’t want you to be conflicted between your brother and your cousin-in-law.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk took his mate to an embrace.

 

Minhyuk inhaled his mate’s scent and sighed. “I knew it was off, Jackson had told me how he thought of Mark disliking him but I never really thought it would go this far.” Minhyuk confessed. “I.. I’m sorry.” Minhyuk blurted out.

 

“You can’t apologize for your brother, but you can be there for both of them, for Jackson especially.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk pulled away to look at his mate. “You’re both omegas, and I can only imagine what he’s going through.” Jooheon explained and Minhyuk understood. “He’s dear to me Hyukkie, he’s the closest I have for a brother and it pained me to know that I can’t help him with this.” Jooheon confessed and Minhyuk kissed his mate’s worries away.

 

‘I will take care of Jackson.” Minhyuk smiled and it made Jooheon smile as well. “I will also take care of you.” Minhyuk said and pulled Jooheon into an intimate kiss. “claim me my alpha.” Minhyuk grinned and that’s all it took for Jooheon to unleash his alpha instincts and claim the beautiful omega that was his mate.

 

Minhyuk and Jooheon returned after three days and informed their parents that they decided to hold off getting children till the next spring heat since they wanted to enjoy themselves for a while. Henry nodded, understanding the need of the newly mated couple to be with each other for a while. When they were excused, Minhyuk went to Jackson and embraced the omega tightly. Jackson was caught off guard but he felt comfort radiating from Minhyuk as the omega held him tight.

 

“I won’t be able to understand the pain Jackson, but let me help you ease it.” Minhyuk said with a sad smile after they broke the embrace. “I want you to smile like you used to, let me see that smile that Jooheon brags about his cousin, let me see the strong Jackson that never cared for his status. Jackson, let me see you.” Minhyuk said, holding his hand tight and Jackson bit his cheek to kept the tears at bay.

 

“I wish I could.” Jackson said finally let out the tears, maybe crying in front of an omega is much less embarrassing than in front of everyone else.

 

“I am here for you Jackson, I will always be. I know Mark has caused you pain, i will not tolerate my brother.” Minhyuk said and Jackson shook his head.

 

“Don’t hate your brother.” He said and it pained Minhyuk, Jackson still cared despite what Mark has done to him. “You’re lucky to have one.” Jackson said and Minhyuk finally understood why Jooheon wanted to protect Jackson, this person had the biggest heart, even tolerating all the pain and forgiving those who hurt him even without hearing an apology.

 

“I won’t. But I will not tolerate him.” Minhyuk said and Jackson nodded.

 

“Thank you.” Jackson gave Minhyuk a final hug before the mated omega left for his own room.

 

Minhyuk entered their bedroom and immediately seek Jooheon. The omega buried his face on Jooheon’s chest and let out the tears, he can’t fathom why Jackson was hurting when his soul was as pure as the first snow.  Jooheon felt his mate’s conflicting emotions and wrapped his arms around the omega to comfort him. Jooheon smiled bitterly, how could he make things better?

 

 

“was  Jackson  always this kind?” Minhyuk asked as they both lay in bed, the sky now turning a beautiful indigo, red and orange.

 

“He has a big heart. He could be a perfect King if you ask me.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk nodded.

 

“Why do I feel like he’s perfect for Mark?” Minhyuk asked with furrowed brows. “but at the same time, I don’t want Mark to hurt him anymore.” Minhyuk sighed and felt Jooheon’s arm tighten around him.

 

“I wish I could take all those conflicting emotions away and leave you with only happy thoughts.” Jooheon then kissed the top of Minhyuk’s head.

 

“It’s not always rainbow and sunshine Heonie.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon nodded.

 

“Shall we interfere only when necessary? I understand that you want to help, but I feel that this is a problem they must solve themselves.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk looked him worriedly. “I know you want them to be in good terms at least but we cannot force ideals to them, especially Mark hyung whose emotions are closed off, you said it yourself.” Jooheon said and Minhyuk nodded.

 

“They both need to face this one, I just hope they end up happier than what they are right now. Just happy is fine with me.” Minhyuk said then pulled Jooheon into a kiss. “Thank  you for being understanding Heonie.” Inhyuk muttered and Jooheon smiled at him.

 

“of course, I am your mate after all, I am stuck with you through ups and downs and your mood swings. I wonder how it’ll be once you get pregnant.” Jooheon teased and Minhyuk lightly punched his mate’s arm.

 

“Let’s not be late for dinner.” Minhyuk said and they both made their way to the diner hall.

 

It was a chaotic day at the Ahgase palace as the day of the parade and party was nearing. There were f=over flowing flowers and food as well as banners and flags from both kingdoms. Commemorative items were being produced and it was making Mark’s head ache. Being the future king, Jaejoong argued that he should be taking responsibility over the planning. But this was too much for Mark and it was overwhelming him.

 

“This is why you need a mate Mark.” Jaejoong supplied as he took one of the contracts for the horses to be used in the parade as well as the commemorative pins to be distributed around the country.

 

“You really are pushing this mating to a new level father.” Mark said dryly.

 

But any arguments were held off as they heard a call from the hall, Jaejoong dropped his things and went to meet his omega son. Jaejoong was excited to see Minhyuk and he enveloped him a tight hug. Not forgetting his son-in-law, Jaejoong gave Jooheon a warm embrace and whispered a thank you for taking care of his omega son. Jaejoong then turned to Jackson and held his both hands before smiling at him. “You look a little pale my dear.” Jaejoong said and Jackson assured him with a smile.

 

“It’s almost fall, your majesty, the cold was just getting to me.” Jackson replied.

 

“Take care of your health sweet heart; you need to be energized to meet some bachelors on the party.” Jaejoong winked at him making Jackson blush.

 

“Can I help with anything?” Jackson offered but Minhyuk was quick to decline.

 

“You are a guest here Jackson, I am sure appa can take care of it.” Minhyuk turned to his father who nodded.

 

“Of course we can handle it, but if you can just check on the flowers, I will be grateful.” Jaejoong replied and Minhyuk huffed at him.

 

“Appa!” Minhyuk whined but Jooheon calmed his mate and assured him that it wasn’t taxing and that they can join Jackson to check out the flowers. Minhyuk immediately succumbed to the dimpled prince and led the way to the gardens where the florists were arranging the flowers on the carriages.

 

“Oh, your majesties.” A girl bowed at them and offered them flower leis.

 

“What is your name darling?” Minhyuk asked and the girl gave them a toothy smile.

 

“I’m Irene you’re highness.” The girl introduced herself and Minhyuk beamed her a smile.

 

“This is Jooheon, my alpha mate.” Minhyuk introduced the mate and the girl was delighted to see the prince. She momentarily blanked and blushed maing Minhyuk chuckle.

 

“Forgive me your highness, your mate is pretty handsome.” Irene apologized bbut Minhyuk waved it off.

 

“Oh, he’s a charmer isn’t he?” Minhyuk asked and Irene nodded. “Grow up well and find a man like him okay?” Minhyuk asked  and the girl smiled and nodded.

 

Irene was then looking behind Minhyukk and the prince hit a light bulb moment. “Ah, are you looking for Jackson?” Minhyuk asked and once again, Irene blushed and nodded. “Oh my, the X-clan princes sure are a hit with our Ahgasean girls.” Minhyuk chuckled and called out Jacksson who was inspecting a carriage being decorated with flowers.

 

Jackson approached them and smiled wide as he saw the girl from the marker before.

 

“For you mister.” Irene offered a flower lei and Jackson knelt before her so she could place it around his neck.

 

“it’s very beautiful, thank you.”Jackson said.

 

“Irene, My name is Irene.” The girl chirped and Jackson smiled wide.

 

“Thank you Irene.” Jackson repeated and the girl blushed hearing her name.

 

“When I grow up I want to be like Mister, I will be very beautiful and strong.” Irene expressed loudly.

 

“It’s Jackson sweet heart.” Jackson corrected her.

 

“I will be strong and kind like Jackson oppa.” Irene said and Jackson ruffled her hair softly and beamed at her.

 

“Want me too braid your hair?” Jackson offered and Irene gladly nodded.

 

Minhyuk and Jooheon looked at the two as they had their own world and couldn’t help but feel pity for him; Jackson would be a great mate and a father someday, if only he was given a chance to be one. Minhyuk felt his tears falling so he looked away, noticing his brother gazing out of the window before looking back at Jooheon.

 

“why is this hurting me so much?” He asked and Jooheon sighed.

 

“Because you are technically half of your brother, and I have reasons to believe that you are emotionally connected.” Jooheon explained.

 

“But why do I get emotional with Jackson?” Minhyuk asked again and the two shared a look that did not help the situation.

 

 

-----

a/n: I am not sure if the story is flowing smoothly. Really apologizing for the lack of updates; there was just some commissioned DIYs that I had to do so I wasn’t able to update. But the plot was killing me, Mark and Jackson were begging for me to update (in my mind of course XD).

 

Anyway, as you can see here, JJP has some sort of same role as Showki just because I find parental instincts are natural for them. Yes I added some Markjin there, cause I know some are shipping them and what not.

 

I am not sure if people will appreciate so I’ll leave Jooheon and Minhyuk’s mating to your imagination ^_^

I never realy gave the girl before a name so I sued the first English name I could think of, and it’s Irene. Lols..

 

 

PS: Don’t write angst while listening to a 5 hour compilation of Super Junior ballad songs..i cried halfway writing this.. I survived though. Thank you for the concern