An Omega Worth Fighting For

Being the perfect omega

a/n: this is probably a filler chapter  with some focus on the side pairings because some of you are curious on what happened to them.

 

---

 

Yugyeom was terrified as he set foot on the kingdom and knelt in front of the Kings of X-clan announcing his tidings from the Kingdom of Ahgase. Ryeowook chuckled at how scared the young guard was  and motioned for Minhyuk and Hyungwon.

 

“You can at least assure him that we do not bite.”  Ryeowook’ laugh was light and Yugyeom raised his head to see the king’s joyous face.

 

“Yugyeom.” Hyungwon called and asked him to stand next to Minhyuk and the guard did as he was told.

 

“From the Kingdom of Ahgase we present a dowry for Omega Prince Jackson.” Minhyuk calmly stated, knowing Yugyeom’s purpose as the letter was sent beforehand.

 

“What would be the kingdom to offer for our prince’s hand?” Henry asked, scripted but for traditions’ sake they’ll do it.

 

“Yugyeom, if you may present our gifts?” Minhyuk said and the guard hurriedly requested his entourage to lay out the gifts in front of the kings.

 

Chests upon chests of  fine swords, crafted by the best Ahgasean smiths, a chest full of precious stones, and winter crops were laid out and Henry grinned at them.

 

“Yunho hyung outdid himself with this one.” Henry remarked.

 

“It was actually prince Mark who handpicked the gifts.” Yugyeom almost squeaked.

 

“Oh, he did?” Minhyuk was amused and asked Jackson to come forward.

 

 

Once the omega was in front, Yugyeom once again knelt and handed him a box, the one Mark had specifically entrusted to Yugyeom. Jackson took it and gingerly opened it to reveal a royal blue cape, trim lined wtith snow white fur and Minhyuk knew exactly what it was for.

 

 

“It is especially cold in winter, this is a rare piece of craftsmanship.” Minhyuk said as Jackson tried it on, Bambam assisting him with the clothing.

 

“It suits you.” Jonghyun said as he approached his son and Jackson can’t help but smile as his hands ran across the expensive fabric.

 

“Thank you. Please rest Yugyeom, I am sure the travel has tired you greatly.” Jackson said then turned Bambam. “Please asssit Yugyeom.” He then removed the cape and folded it before bowing tot hhe kings and going back to his room.

 

Bambam was blushing when he led Yugyeom to his room but Yugyeom stopped him and led him out towards were the carriages are parked. Bambam followed quietly and his eyes widened as he led out a gasp. He looked at Yugyeom who was grinning and he ran towards the carriage were 2 large shests were loaded.

 

 

“is this what I think it is?” Bambam asked and Yugyeom nodded.

 

“Prince Mark insisted on it, I couldn’t afford them obviously.” Yugyeom said but Bambam was already crying. ‘Hey, don’t cry.” Yugyeom wiped the tears off of bambam’s cheek when they heard approaching footsteps.

 

“Ah, so there you both are, planning on eloping?” Minhyuk teased as he looked at the two who jumped a few feet away from each other.

 

“Is that dowry?” Hyungwon pointed out and the intruders approached the carriage and peeked inside the chest.

 

“Mark went all out on this one too.” Minhyuk commented and Joohoen, who came with them silently broke his resolve.

 

“Hoseok hyung, have you sent your dowry yet?” Jooheon asked and Hoseok shook his head. “When are you planning to do so?” Jooheon asked calmly but everyone except Yugyeom knew how tense the young prince was.

 

“I was planning to do it by January, it’s Hyungwon’s birthday and an opportune time to settle the mating.” Hoseok replied and Jooheon smiled creepily.

 

“Then we must top this one off. Prepare the chests; we will fill it up to the brim.” Jooheon said and walked away leaving the rest to gawk at the prince’s retreating back.

 

It was silent lest for the autumn breeze that blew until yugyeom released a high pitched laugh. “I’m sorry, but Prince Mark said the same thing.” Yugyeom entlighted them and Minhyuk laughed along, his brother has changed for good, he is now even playing along.

 

 

Jackson was mesmerized with the beautiful garment and his smile never left his face as he ran his hands acroos the fabric. It was luxurious and Jackson felt that Mark really went all out for this gift to redeem himself.

 

“Jackson.” A soft voice called and he turned to see his father Jinki approach him.  Jinki sat next to him and enveloped him in a hug. “You are really getting mated, I am happy for you my son.” Jinki said and Jackson opened his arms to allow his father to embrace him tightly.

 

“How des the saying goes? You are gaining another son?” Jackson asked and it made Jinki smile.

 

“It doesn’t chage the fact that I will miss you dearly.” Jinki replied and Jackson burried his face on Jinki’s chest.

 

“I will too.” Jackson muttered and Jinki tightened his  embrace and closed his eyes, he is truly happy for his son.

 

“You are special Jackson, and I am just happy that you are finally getting your happy ending.” Jinki said and let go of his son. “Remember that we will always be proud of you no matter what happens.” Jinki said and Jackson nodded before giving his father a last hug before the alpha left the room. 

 

Jackson again stared at the robe and grabbed the necklace on his neck then smiled, he’ll have his happy ending he’s sure of it.

 

Yugyeom was groaning as Hoseok corrected his posture and hold on the hilt. Hyungwon wasn’t very helpful because the omega ex-friend was now loyal to his soon to be mate more than his own Ahgasean blood brother.

 

“Hoseok hyung, can you please not torture my mate?” Bambam skirted along, taking a towel and wipngthe sweat off of Yugyeom’s forehead.

 

“I am just assuring that he is worthy to protect Prince Jackson and you. As your cousin, I put your safety into consideration.” Hoseok pointed out.

 

“brother?” Yugyeom asked, confusion pating his face.

 

“No, our fathers were friends and they entrusted their sons to eah other in case something happened. Hosoek hyung has been my protector, growing up as an omega is tough.” Bambam huffed.

 

“I’m sorry hyung, I should have concentrated more.” Yugyeom bowed and held the sword tightly earning him a chuckle from Hoseok.

 

“Don’t hold it that tight, you won’t be able to swing it efficiently.” Hoseok said and then turned to Bambam who skitted away towards Hyungwon who was sitting on the side.

 

The two omegas watched their mates before Bambam turned to Hyungwon. “I know that you two have been into this mating for a while already and I do wish you both well.” Bambam said and Hyungwon nodded .

 

‘Well I bid the same tidings to you. Yugyeom is such a big baby.” Hyungwon warned the younger.

 

“Isn’t hoseok hyung the same?” Bambam inquired and Hyungwon laughed.

 

“That is true.” Hyungwon said then eyed Bambam seriously. ‘wouldn’t it be nice in the future to have our children be mates as well?” Hyungwon asked and Bambam smiled at him.

 

“I love that idea, it’s like Changkyun and Youngjae!” Bambam chirped.

 

‘What about my son?” Kihyun joined them abruptly, guiding a ten month old Changkyun to walk.

 

“Just missing your cuteness.” Hyunwon said as Changkyun ran (wobbled) to him and  gurgled happily.

 

Hyungwon took the child as Kihyun assisted Hyunwoo in gearing up for training Yugyeom.

 

“why are you tuturing Yugyeom? He doesn’t deserve this!” Bambam whined as hyunwoo got into position.

 

‘We are training him Bambam, he’ll not fair much better when Joohoen tests him.” Hyunwoo replied and called out to Hoseok that he’s ready for a duel.

 

“It is true, Jooheon will show no mercy to anyone, especially now that he will be assigned as Jackson’s guard. Kihyun added and bambam further sighed.

 

“sseun! Joo! Hyuk!” changkyun chirped as he saw the monarchs approached and Minhyuk instantly reaching for the kid when Joohoen picked up the toddler.

 

Minhyuk pouted but Jooheon pointed to his tummy and Minhyuk understood, Myungsoo’s health comes first. Jackson laughed but was happy Jooheon was taking fatherhood seriously. Minhyuk smiled as he played with Chagnkyun who was drooling while trying to talk to them in his baby language.

 

The three retainers just looked at them in awe; this is a rare chance to see them as free without being stiff in the public’s eyes. Changkyun then wanted to walk and Jackson took the kid and held both hands as he led him across the room.

 

Jooheon took the time to observe Yugyeom’s training and had been amazed at the progress so far. Jooheon called Hyunwoo and told him that he’ll want to challenge Yugyeom later that week but Jackson souted in protest.

 

“If there is someone who will need to challenge his skills, then shouldn’t it be me?” Jackson argued and

Jooheon nodded, giving his cousin thumbs up.

 

Upon hearing the words of his future charge, Yugyeom paled and it allowed Hoseok to   penetrate his defense and rest his sword on the younger’s neck. “Never let your guard down.” Hoseok reminded the younger  as he withdrew the sword and Yugyeom bowed to apologize.

 

 “The prince’s life is what is important, you should always be reminded of that.” Hyunwoo added.

 

“Oh come on, don’t intimidate him!” Bambam whined and the rest chuckled at how he was acting.

 

“I really am sorry.” Yugyeom apologized again.

 

“Why don’t you two settle your issue so Yugyeom here can clear his mind and fully concentrate on his training?” Jackson suggested and both Bambam and Yugyeom flushed at the statement. “How cute you both are.” Jackson remarked and hauled Changkyun to enjoy more walks along the halls.

 

 “Well, you heard your charge.” Jooheon said and led Minhyuk back inside the palace for him to rest.

 

 

----

Mark was nervous was an understatement because he was sweating buckets in the middle of winter. He was stressed the past 2 months and now that the New Year came and his wedding was only weeks  away, he was more than ready to pull out every strand of hair he has on his head.

 

“You don’t look so happy to see me.” Minhyuk laughed as he sauntered his way towards his brother.

 

“You’re early.” Mark remarked and the younger twin nudge his head towards his retainer and Mark rolled his eyes.

 

“You did challenge Jooheon with the dowry you gave to Bambam.” Minhyuk stated making Mark laugh.

 

“Really, did I?” Mark narrowed his eyes that made Minhyuk burst into laughter.

 

“your majesty.” Hoseok politely interjected and handed Minhyuk a box which the prince handed to his brother.

 

“As thank you gift for the cape.” Minhyuk said and pointed to the note written by Jackson.

 

Mark allowed his fingers to brush through the words written and a smile made his way into his lips unknowingly. Minhyuk scoffed and patted his brother’s shoulder as Hyungwon and Hoseok followed him towards his quarters. Mark opened the box gingerly and smiled even wider as he took out a coat that is as white as pure snow.

 

EnEn,

Can I call you that?

I wish the New year bless you more.

Yours,

Jia Er

 

Mark was grinning, he looked stupid but he’ll let it pass as he savour the joy this little gift his mate had given him.

 

Minhyuk was checking the preparations when Mark ased for his help. The pregnant omega left the ballroom and followed his brother towards the weaponry wing. Mark had never told the purpose but Minhyuk had a vague idea on what’s to come. But he wasn’t prepared to see the glittering beauty of a bow and quiver loaded with arrows that was displayed next to the X-clan sword.

 

“Is this the weapon you wish to surrender?” Minhyuk asked and Mark nodded. “It is beautiful.” Minhyuk said with a smile as he traced his hand on the delicate bow, string taught and face lined with Peridot and Topaz while the quiver was made of pure gold inlaid with precious stones. The arrows were steel, heads sharp and strong while the tails were taken rom the ferocious Eagles of Ahgase, and it looked like a phoenix.

 

“It has come full circle now hasn’t it?” Mark asked and Minhyuk nodded, the Pheonix and Dragon are now united as two kingdoms had each a ruler under both signs.

 

“This is amazing Mark, you outdid all my expectations.” Minhyuk remarked and Mark shook his head.

 

“You haven’t seen the rest of what’s to come.” Mark grinned and Minhyuk just laughed at how his brother has truly changed for the better. “Aren’t you tired though, I’m sure Myungsoo would want to rest.” Mark gestured to the protruding belly of his pregnant twin who just shook his head.

 

“Myungsoo’s a quiet child, besides, aren’t we on a mission to impress the X-clan?” Minhyuk said and Mark grinned as they made their way back to the hustle and bustle of the wedding preparations.

 

---

 

When Jackson arrived, he did not expect such sight of chaos in the palace. There were servants running errands to and fro the gates and he noticed carriages from kingdoms of Melody and Aroha. He quirked a bow at the carriages but smiled as Irene bowed to him and handed him a bouqet of simple lilies.

 

“Your majesty.” She bowed and Jackson patted her head.

 

“how have you been Irene?” Jackson asked and the kid smiled wide.

 

‘I am doing fine your majesty, but better now that you are to be our Prince’s consort.” Irene answered and it made Jackson smile.

 

“Really now?” Jackson asked and the kid nodded.

 

“I need to go help mother with the arrangements, it’s nice to see you again your highness.” Irene bowed then left to help out on the flowers.

 

Jackson smiled as he watched her retreating back before he continued his way towards the palace entrance. Once he step foot on the marble staircase, trumpets was sounded and the gaurds that lined the stairs bowed. Jackson was surprised but as he looked at Jinyoung and Jaebum bowing, he demanded an explanation.

 

“it was Prince Mark’s order.” Jinyoung explained. “Ah, the cape suits you.” He remarked and Jackson blushed as he ran his hands on the material.

 

“Do i?” Jackson asked and Jaebum nodded, assuring him that he did look absolutely perfect.

 

Mark was not expecting how handsome Jackson was when he entered the great hall, and his jaws dropped as the prince walked towards him, blue cape all but says regal and elegance. Jackson has to cough to get the prince’s attention and Mark was just mesmerized at how his mate seemed to be glowing.

 

“You look absolutely gorgeous.” Mark blurted out making Jackson to laugh at how love struck Mark was.

 

“And you look absolutely fabulous.” Jackson remarked and Mark grinned at how cheesy they sounded.

 

“And I would like to remind you that you both are going to be separated for a whole day tomorrow so I suggest to use today wisely.” Yunho announced and left with the Henry and Jinki while Jaejoong led Ryeowook and Jonghyun towards the kitchens.

 

Mark extended a hand and led Jackson past the frozen garden and towards the chapel by the hill where they will have their ceremony. It was quite the walk to get there but it was worth it as Jackson’s eyes widened at the sight of the chapel all adorned by flowers.

 

‘How did you get them? It’s in the middle of winter!” Jackson remarked and Mark told him of his adventure as they entered the chapel hand in hand and took in the beautiful sight of the ancient architecture, now adorned with blooms.

 

“And Prince Eunwoo, how is he?” Jackson asked, making Mark frown. “Don’t be jealous, I did give myself to you.” Jackson reminded him and Mark had a stupid grin on his face before he kissed Jackson, as they coincidentally stopped in front of the altar.

 

“I missed you.” Mark muttered as they parted and Jackson leaned in and kissed his alpha deeply.

 

“I missed you more.” Jackson uttered and they both smiled as they gaze into each other.

 

It was like time stood still as they both stare at each other, seeing their reflection on their mate’s eyes, and they mirror each other, full of love and longing that it made their heart clench tightly at the surge of emotions.

 

“I love you.” Mark uttered.

 

‘I love you more.” Jackson replied and they both ended up laughing at how sappy they are and perhaps their vows would be the same come their wedding day.

 

---

 

Minhyuk was stunning in his robe despite being pregnant and Jackson was jealous. Minhyuk glared at him and deadpanned how ridiculous the thought was when Jackson was drop dead gorgeous in his white robe with Ruby and Sapphire in lays and a few topaz and peridot that formed a subtle pattern of flames.

 

Jooheon stood in front of his cousin and agreed, Jackson was stunning but he did not forget to compliment his mate who was all smiles as he pecked the mate’s lips.

 

“The ceremony will start in a few minutes, I’ll be walking ahead of you so Jooheon, I entrust him to you.” Minhyuk said and Jooheon raised a brow at his mate.

 

“I am best man, of course I will take care of my cousin.” Joohoen tsked and Minhyuk left them to attend to his twin brother joking that Mark may need a few shots before walking.

 

Minhyuk was face palming when he returned to his brother’s suite and found the alpha drinking a glass of liquor. “You are stupid, Jackson will not back out, for pete’s sake you two are legally mated!” Minhyuk exclaimed and Hyungwon was already giving him a glass of water just as jinyoung called them to stand by.

 

Mark looked at the retainer and demanded to hold Youngjae who held both cheeks of his godfather and sloppily kissed his nose. Mark laughed at the action and handed the kid back to Jinyoung and then turned to Minhyuk who checked his brother’s clothes a final time before they waked out of the suite.

 

Yunho was smiling at his son and with a nod, they started the procession.

 

The strings were played as Minhyuk walked first followed by Jaejoong and Yunho, and finally Mark bearing a simple crown that represents his status as an Ahgasean prince. Jooheon walked next followed by King Henry and Ryeowook followed by Jinki and Jonghyun.

 

And as the song changed and everyone rose to their feet, Jackson waked down the aisle holding a bouquet of sunflowers and a smile adorning his face. He wore a simple crown to indicate his noble status and his robes were as majestic as the famed X-clan dragon. Mark couldn’t help but shed tears as he made eye contact with Jackson.

 

“Who presents the omega?” The cardinal asked and Jinki spoke loudly.

 

“Lord Jinki of the Kingdom of X-clan and I present my son in behalf of King Henry. I surrender my dear child, Jackson Jia Er as the omega .” Jinki announced and Yunho took Jackson’s hand as Mark bowed to receive Jinki’s blessing.

 

As Mark stood, Yunho handed Jackson as a sign of acceptance of the omega and Mark’s hand trembled as he reached for his mate’s hand. Jackson smiled at him and they both faced the cardinal

 

“It is by the laws of this church to officiate a mating ceremony but it is also the legislation of the state to honor a contract. In line with this I would like to announce that the two presented here is of legal binding contract and are officially mates, but as law abiding citizens, they choose to still receive the blessings of the chuch.” The cardinal announced and there were shispers among the audience.

 

‘Don’t mind them.” Mark said and Jackson nodded.

 

The cardinal continued with the ceremony and called out to the omega to surrender to the alpha.  “as a sign of submission, the omega’s kingdom’s emblem shall be presented to his alpha.” The cardinal announced  and Jooheon walked towards his cousin to hand  him the X-clan emblem. Jackson then knelt in front of Mark and offered the emblem to his alpha.

 

“To protect the omega and to prove his loyalty to both kingdoms, the alpha must surrender his weapon.” The cardinal announced and Minhyuk walked up to Mark and handed him the bow and quiver. Mark held the bow and quiver with both hands and above the omega.

 

The cardinals blessed the mates and Minhyuk took the emblem while Jooheon took the bow and quiver. They then took out the rings and handed it to Mark and jackson before they went back to their seats. The Cardinals allowed them to exchange rings and with a final blessing, Mark was allowed to kiss Jackson’s lips.  Jackson then loosened his robe a little and revealed his pale neck and shoulder. There was already a visible scar from where Mark had marked him and the alpha was ecstatic that Jackson’s skin was already tainted by his mark.  Mark   his lips before planting a kiss on Jackson’s shoulder. He then sank his teeth in Jackson’s shoulder and the omega hissed. Mark did not need to bite hard for his sharp canines can draw blood at the slightest pressure but Jackson urged him nonetheless and the pain was absolutely welcomed byt the omega.

 

The crowd applauded and Jackson fixed his robes before turning to the crowd and bowing to everyone. Mark then led him towards Jinki and Jonghyun, the newly mated couple then bowed to show their respect before doing the same to Henry , Ryeowook, Yunho and Jaejoong.

 

But then they were called back and was instructed to kneel. Jackson was clueless but Mark just grinned at him just as two council members brought out a pair of matching crowns.

 

“As tradition of the Kingdom of Ahgase, the mating of the prince in line to the throne signifies the solidification of his status as the legitimate heir. And with such pleasure we shall commence with the coronation of our Prince.” The cardinal announced and Jackson was gaping at Markwho was smiling wide as he held Jackson’s hand.

 

“Who presents the heir?” The Cardinal asked and Yunho stepped up to kneel.

 

“It is I, Yun Hao, Current King of the Kingdom of Ahgase, presents Yi En as the 93rd alpha and legitimate heir to the crown.” Yunho spoke and the raised to his feet. “And with his mate, Jia Er of  X-clan, I bid the council and cardinals to bless the couple and to grant them the position.” Yunho fnished and the cardinal took the crown inlaid heavily with Topaz and Peridot and turned to Mark. He raised the crown above his head and announced the crowning of the prince.

 

Yunho and removed the crown Mark was wearing and in turn, the cardinal placed the new one and signaled for Mark to rise. The Cardinal then took the other crown and raised it above Jackson’s head and instructed Mark to remove the crown his mate was wearing before he placed the similar crown on Jackson.

 

They both stood and the crowd applauded for their Crowned prince and his consort.

 

 

----

a/n: I can end it here If I wanted to, but I do want to write an epilogue with the princes having kids and stuff

 

I hope this part ending did not disappoint you, I promised a fluffy ending and well, I tried my best.

 

Again, I want to thank everyone who supported this series and hopefully, you enjoyed the angst and fluff until the end.