Until we meet again, I promise

Being the perfect omega

A/n:  I am not gonna lie, I postponed the update because I was doing my DIY lightsticks which took a lot of my time but all worth it. I have 5 of them already ahahah and 1 more to give as a gift

 

This will probably more of Mark-centricc because he has a lot to do to win our hearts back after what he did to Jackson ^^

----

 

Mark was indeed elated that he just couldn’t close his eyes and rest for the night. Jackson opened his eyes and stared into the dark orbs of his mate and smiled at him.

 

“Rest, I will not leave you.” Jackson said and kissed the top of Mark’s nose making the alpha sigh.

 

“Are we really really mated?” Mark asked and Jackson chuckled, a melodious laugh that Mark surely hated before it nearly went extinct.

 

“Yes my dear prince.” Jackson replied and this time Mark leaned in to kiss his omega.

 

“Goodnight love.” Mark said and they ended up sleeping tightly embraced in each other’s arms.

 

Mark was bound to leave and he had separation anxiety. Of all the times he had to leave X-clan, this was the one he hated doing so. Jackson was his other half and he was going to be separated for solong.

 

‘Relax, it’s just three months, I will take care of him.” Minhyuk assured his brother who just pouted and glared at Minhyuk. “If you just made a move sooner then this was not necessary.” Minhyuk rolled his eyes and Mark had no choice but to sulk. “Have you given your necklace yet?” Minhyuk asked and Mark gaped at the realization. “Silly, don’t forget to give it to Jackson.” Minhyuk said as he led his brother out of the room and into the great hall where everyone was waiting for him, including Jackson.

 

Mark smiled wide seeing his omega and immediately wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him into a kiss. It was unbecoming for a royal but everyone understood why Mark was acting in such a way. Mark then took out his necklace and presented it to Jackson.

 

“This is something dear to me.” Mark said while looking straight into Jackson’s caramel eyes. “It is our custom to have an alpha wear a special necklace upon presentation and this can only be given to their mate.” Mark said and smiled as he placed it around Jackson’s neck. “And as my mate, I offer this to you as your proof and assurance. You are now under Ahgasean protection.” Mark finished and Jackson blushed and smiled at Mark.

 

‘Thank you Mark.” Jackson beamed then took out a similar necklace and handed it to Mark. “And as a sign of my surrender as your omega, please accept this.” Jackson said and Mark lowered his head for Jackson to put the necklace on him.

 

Both looked at their pendants and smiled. “93?” Jackson asked and Mark nodded.

 

“93rd alpha in line for the throne.” Mark explained and Jackson nodded.

 

“It was supposed to be given to a future king but I presented as an omega and Jooheon would not accept it as it seems offending on my part. But it suits you.” Jackson said as Mark looked at the ‘King’ in pinyin was engraved on his pendant.

 

“It will suit you, 93rd omega.” Mark said and it made Jackson chuckle.

 

“Go now, have a safe travel, and I will meet you in January.” Jackson said and Mark kissed him one last time before parting and walking out of the castle with the rest of his entourage.

 

…..

 

Mark was sulking at his office, it has been just a few days since he left Jackson but his heart was missing his mate. Yunho laughed at his son who made the younger alpha hate his father at the moment.

 

“You could at least do something productive.” Yunho suggested.

 

“Like what? You’re not the one missing their mate.” Mark answered with a hiss.

 

‘Like prepare for your mating ceremony. You do know that it is in January and in the middle of winter, you will need to prepare a lot for this wedding to proceed.” Yunho said and Mark gasped at the realization.

 

‘Oh dear, where can I get flowers? Oh my goodness, call the seamstress, I need good robes, how can there be no attendants when you need them?” Mark ran around his office and out to find Jinyoung. “Call the master bladesmith; I need a weapon to defeat all weapons. Jinyoung! Jaebum!” Mark called out and it left Yunho laughing at his son’s sudden interest in wedding planning.

 

Mark was panting as he reached the servant quarters where Jinyoung was picking up oungjae. Jinyoung gave Mark a questioning look before getting a glass of water and handing it to the prince. “What is the hurry your majesty?” Jinyoung asked as he balanced the 6 month old on one arm and grabbing a towel for Mark with the other.

 

“Wedding.” Mark panted and Jinyoung gave him a soft smile. Youngjae chirped loudly and Mark cooed at the little bundle of joy.

 

 

“Do you want to hold him?” Jinyoung asked and Mark nodded. Jinyoung gently placed the baby on Mark’s arm and told him how to carry the child properly before sitting on the bed and patting the space for Mark to it. “Come on, tell me your plans.” Jinyoung urged and Mark sighed before rubbing his nose on Youngjae’s stomach making the kid giggle and gurgle.

 

“I seriously have none.” Mrk said dejectedly just as Jaebum entered the quarter.

 

“You were calling for me?” Jaebum asked and Marked glared at him.

 

“You were supposed to be my guard, where were you?” Mark asked pointedly.

 

“Training Yugyeom, he will be in charge of Jackson’s safety.” Jaebum replied and Mark’s gaze softened a bit.

 

‘Prince Jackson, he’s my mate already.” Mark corrected the guard just as Youngjae squealed hearing his godfather’s name. “Oh you miss your godfather Youngjae?” Mark asked and the kid gurgled. “I miss him too.” Mark replied and both Jinyoung and Jaebum stiffled a laugh. “Both of you are useless!” Mark mock  a pained look making the mated couple burst out laughing. ‘Seriously, I need help.”Mark said with a sigh and Jinyoung took the child out of the prince’s arms and led them out of the room.

 

Yugyeom was standing in attention when Mark met him outside the room. Mark gave him a once over then turned to Jaebum. “Is he ready?” Mark asked and Jaebum shook his head.

 

“Almost, there is one more thing that he should do.” Jaebum said in a serious tone that made Yugyeom swallow thickly.

 

“Ah, I see.” Mark said then looked at the younger guard straight in the eyes. “You are to be the royal guard for Prince Jackson.” Mark stated and Yugyeom eagerly nodded. “But at your current state, you are not yet capable.” Mark said and Yugyeom’s face fell. “I will be sending you to the X-clan, learn their customs so Jackson can adjust efficiently.” Mark said and Yugyeom’s brows furrowed in confusion. “It is not a secret Yugyeom, you have met your mate and you should be able to settle all loose ends before January.” Mark said with a smile and Yugyeom’s face lit up as the realization dawned on him.

 

“Your Majesty..” Yugyeom started. “Are you serious?” Yugyeom asked; voice a pitch higher that it made Mark laugh.

 

“You are something kid. But yes, I do find something’s missing from your neck that I got a glimpse off someone back in X-clan.” Mark teased and Yugyeom blushed a bit. ‘Take this as my gift to you. Just promise me to take care of Jackson.” Mark said and Yugyeom saluted, bowed then smiled at his prince.

 

“You have the rest of the week to prepare and inform your parents before you leave for X-clan.” Jaebum announced and Yugyeom saluted before running down the hall to his quarters leaving the three friends laughing.

 

“Isn’t he an adorable kid.” Jinyoung remarked and Jaebum subconciously wrap one of his arm around his mate’s waist and kiss Jinyoung’s cheek before leaning down and kissing Youngjae’s forehead.

 

“Adorable.” Mark said with a smile and wondered how he’ll be if Jackson bore their children in the near future. “Hold on, we are getting off track.” Mark glared at the two who ended up laughing.

 

Once settled in his office with Youngjae sitting happily on Jaebum’s lap while Jinyoung served organic tea courtesy of Jackson’s impeccable gift, Mark wrote on a scroll. “Robes.” He called out and Jinyoung nodded as he too wrote it in his scroll. “Finest silk, grandeur fur and the largest Topaz and Perdiot that we have.” Mark said and Jinyoung raised a brow.

 

“you are not the omega, you do not need to show off.” Jaejoong entered the office.

 

“You’re probably right.” Mark sulked.

 

“I’ll take care of your robes.” Jaejoong assured his son who beamed a smile and picked up his quill. Jaejoong then bid them as he left to have a meeting with the seamstress.

 

“Sword?” Mark asked and Jaebum nodded as he had the blacksmith come at an hours time, giving them ample time to discuss other important matters like the decorations, food and flowers.

‘Flowers! It’s going to be frozen coldby January, where will we even get them? “ Mark shouted out of pure panic, he needed sunflowers for Jackson, and red roses too. He needed all colors of the two kingdoms to be represented by colorful blooms, but theire kingdoms are in deep freeze by January.

 

“Perhaps you needed to visit the Imperial Palace and talk to Prince Junhui, he mated on February during the lunar New year.” Yunho popped in and with a determined gaze, Mark was ready to travel again for the sake for obtaining flowers for his dearly beloved.

 

“You need to inform the Imperial palace of your visit, it is common courtesy.” Yunho said and Mark glared at his father. “Take small steps Mark,it will not happen in a day.” Yunho reminded his son. “Any wedding you plan would be anything but special for your mate, regardless of grandeur. Remember that this is not about the decorations, but you solidifying your bond with the one you love.” Yunho said and Mark felt tears fall from his eyes, silent and warm.

 

Yunho took his son and enveloped him in a tight embrace. “I know this is overwhelming Mark, and I understand how you want it to be perfect, but Jackson, he will care more about holding your hands more than the bouquet he’ll be given. He’ll want more of your security than the weapon you’ll be presenting to his kingdom. He’ll look at your eyes more than the crystals that lined the ceiling.” Yunho said and Mark nodded as he returned the embrace.

 

“I just.. It’s my retribution.” Mark muttered as he buried his face deeper into his father’sbody.

 

“having you will be enough for Jackson.” Yunho said and patted his son’s back before detaching himself. “You have a meting with the blacksmithin a few moments.” Yunho warned him and Mark smiled as he nodded.

 

Mark composed himself just in time for the blacksmith’s arrival. Jaebum led the master blacksmith inside the office just as Jinyoung and Youngjae left Mark. The artisan bowed at Mark and the prince offered him a seat.

 

“It is for my mating ceremony.” Mark started and the artisan nodded.

 

“I had crafted your father’s sword when he was mated.” The artisan calmly replied, fine lines straining no more and calloused hands gingerly placed on his lap.

 

“I admire your work sir Donghee, and you do fine work.” Mark said and Donghee bowed to thank the prince’s compliment. “But I am not my father and I am not a skilled swordsman unlike my mate.” Mark admitted. “But I am an archer.” Mark finished and Donghee’s eyes lit up.

 

“A sharp eye my prince have.” The artisan uttered. “A bow suited for a prince.” Donghee said and Mark nodded.

 

“I shall show you something precious.” Mark stood and left the office. Donghee and Jaebum followed as they went to the weaponry wing. They went inside a room and the artisan was at awe at the beauty of the sword that was displayed and guarded.

 

“This is the X-clan’s gift to Ahgase.” Mark informed him and Donghee nodded.

 

‘Such masterpiece it is.” Donghee muttered. “Fine craftsmanship.” He pondered on.

 

“I want a Bow and quiver to complement this artifact.” Mark stated and Donghee nodded.

 

“I will do whatever it takes to present Ahgase to your mate, your majesty.” Donghee bowed and Mark nodded and dismissed the blacksmith. Jaebum led the man out while Mark stared at the sword for a little longer, examining the hillt and admiring the beauty of the ruby and sapphire but not deterring the true beauty of the blade.

 

It was a chilly day when Yugyeom was tasked to depart to X-clan. Mark had checked the young guard and handed him a special case with instructions to give it to Jackson. He then handed another case and instructed him to give it to Bambam’s parents. Yugyeom’s mouth gaped and soon, his carriage was being loaded with trunks that are to serve as dowry.

 

 

“your majesty.” Yugyeom started but Mark just laughed it off.

 

“You must represent our kingdom well, I am sure Jooheon has prepared something of similar value for Hyungwon, so it is only fair to do the same.” Mark explained and Yugyeom bowed and saluted to the monarch before boarding his horse and the entourage left for X-clan. 

 

Mark released a sigh and hoped for the best for his young guard. He then walked to his own carriage to head off to the emperial capital where his attendance to Prince Junhui was scheduled. Jinyoung kissed his mate before the journey and youngjae was crying just as Jaebum kissed the baby;s cheek and patted his head.


“It’s not a war, we’ll return safely.” Mark assured Jinyoung who smiled and waved them off.

 

Mark was received by the emperial palace and was led to a parlor where tea was served with biscuits and mocha. There was a knock on the door and the crowned prince entered along wth his guard and brother-in-law, Seungcheol entered. Seungcheol stood next to Jaebum by the door and the two guards exchanged curt nods.

 

“Prince Mark of Ahgase, it is nice meeting you.” Prince Junhui extended a hand and Mark noticed how handsome the prince was.

 

“A pleasure to meet you Prince Junhui, and thank you for accepting such attendance in a short notice.” Mark replied.

 

“Can we stop with the formalities?” Junhui asked and Mark nodded. “You see, I really don’t like all the royal pleasantries and our fathers allowed us to do as we will with the exception for formal gatherings.” Junhui explained.

 

‘I do understand and I believe it is easier for us to talk without such awkward stiffness brought by royal protocols.” Mark replied and Junhui grinned at it.

 

“I like you  already. So what can I offer you Mark-hyung?” Junhui asked and Mark wasted no time to layout his dilemma. “I see, a winter wedding.” Junhui said and motioned for Seungcheol to approach him. “If you can fetch Wonwoo, cheol hyung?” Junhui said and Seungcheol nodded and walked out of the room to get the crowned prince consort.

 

“It seems that you had a whirlwind affair with Prince Jackson.” Junhui said  and Mark nodded.

 

“Jackson isn’t the typical omega, he was groomed to be the next alpha king.” Mark explained.

 

“Ah, I see such a strong mating, he could be beneficial politically.” Junhui commented and Mark couldn’t agree more to such statement. “then I am glad that you had saved your mate in time. But I would berate you for doing such thing in the first place.” Junhui laughed and Mark laughed along.

 

Seungcheol soon returned with another beautiful prince and Mark was taken aback at how the omega looked. Junhui introduced his mate and Wonwoo bowed stiffly.

 

“Are you uncomfortable Prince Wonwoo?” Mark asked and he could see the omega flinch at the mention of his title.

 

“he is.” Junhui supplied. “Still doubting himself for being my mate.” Junhui added.

 

“but I am of no nobility.” Wonwoo said in almost a whisper.

 

“It is not the status that defined a mate, nor any physical attribute. A mate was destined to complete his mate, and whatever laing from one would be supplemented or complimented by the other” Mark said and Wonwoo bit his lower lip.

 

“You should meet my brother and my mate, they could help you with your worries.” Mark offered and Junhui was ecstatic with the idea.

 

“That would be great!” junhui chirped.

 

“You are invited to my wedding, I hope you’ll grace the event with your presence.” Mark announced and Junhui was beaming already.

 

“And to help you, Wonwoo, where did we get the flowers for our mating?” Junhui asked.

 

“it’s in the south, the tropical kingdoms of Aroha and Melody.” Wonwoo said. “Prince Eunwoo and Prince Eunkwang had assisted us greatly.” Wonwoo replied and Mark grinned at the omega.

 

“You speak so eloquently, is it because you are a scholar?” Mark asked and Wonwoo blushed.

 

“he is, his voice is really easy on the ears.” Junhui beamed with pride for his mate.

 

“He does. Please don’t be shy being who you are, I am sure Prince Junhui here is very much accommodating to whatever you wish to do.” Mark said and Junhui nodded.

 

‘if, if we build a library for the kids, would you allow me to go and teach them occasionally?” Wonwoo asked with excitement in his eyes and Junhui smiled fondly at his mate.

 

“Who am I to deny such request from my mate, I have the drafts already ready for submission to my father.” Junhui said fondly then turned to Mark. “You made Wonwoo express himself that easily. I am most grateful.” Junhui said then called for Seungcheol again.

“Please send notice to Melody and Aroha, Prince Mark must be assisted at all cost. Ensure him that the trip will bear good tidings.” Junhui said and smiled at Mark as he extended a hand to shake, another alliance sealed.

 

Mark’s trip to Melody Kingdom was a breeze where Eunkwang welcomed them warmly like the sun that was high up on such a hot day.

 

“You maynot be used to the heat.” Eunkwang said as he led them to the gardens. “we are those fortunate to be given such warm climate, winters are unheard of and we do have wet season instead.” Eunkwang explained. “anything that caught your eyes your majesty?” Eunkwang asked and Mark pointed to several flowers.

 

“Is there any sunflowers here?” Mark asked and Eunkwang shook his head.

 

‘if it is sunflowers that you seek, Kingdom of Aroha has them.” Eunkwang explained and Mark nodded.

 

Prince Eunwoo was glaring at him when he arrived and it was primarily because the prince had like Jackson to be his mate.

 

But Eunwoo was rational and he understood that Jackson chose Mark. So for Jackson’s sae, Eunwoo was willing to cooperate. Mark was at awe at how the young alpha had handled this situation and had given his deepest gratitude to him.

 

“If you promise to keep Prince Jackson happy, then you shall have flowers on your wedding day, and an alliance from our kingdom.” Eunwoo said and Mark gaped.  “Sunflower oil is a commodity that surely will benefit your country, our oil is stable on lower temperatures. And in return, good from your kingdom shall be traded  such as winter pine nuts that are delicacies.” Eunwoo said and Mark smiled at him and shook his hand.

 

“Draw the contract Prince Eunwoo, you have yourself a deal.” Mark said and the two princes were off to a better start.

 

 

 

-----

A/N: I started writing this late end of July but I had some things I needed to prioritize. But when I was going to write again, Boyfriend’s comeback was scheduled and I was just so emotional, I was just crying fat ugly tears and I can’t write fluff at this state. I wanted to write a decent Markson fluff, I had planned this before hand, but I apologized because it got delayed due to my emotional state. But then I listened to Boyfriend’s Falling and that just made me all happy and it just pushed me to write the fluff in this story.

 

I know I sound pushy but I do hope you’ll help Bestfriends steam Boyfriend’s Star MV. I personally don’t aim to get a music show win on this, just to spread awareness that 6 talented boys exists uner starship.

 

It’s not mandatory but I hope you could spare a few minutes to just listen to Boyfriend.

 

Also, please watch Jaejoong’s Manhole. It is a romcom and I am just dying laughing at Jaejoong’s antics. His character is just so funny. Oh, did I mention that his visuals are so on point in that drama? Please support Jaejoong too ^^

 

Anyway I hope you did enjoy parts of the story, I really wanted to make Mark work the extra mile on this one, and Yugbam has to happen sooner or later. Also, Wonhui isn’t the popular ship but I do ship them more so I hope you’ll bear with it. I decided to post this half of the wedding preparation just because I don’t want you guys to think that I am being dormant.

 

Thank you so much for the support and please look forward to the ending. It has been a roller coaster ride writing this so I appreciate each and every kudos, upvotes, subscribe, bookmark and comments.