Case

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | Case

 

***

 

 

 

"What... happened earlier?"

 

Yoona almost immediately looked at Seohyun in the eyes after she took her seat back. "What do you mean?" She is a little lost.

 

"You know, earlier... to our previous seats." Said the younger one, whose cheeks are starting to change its color to red.

 

"Previous... " Yoona trails off as she recalls the previous events. It only leads her to the moment she woke up because of the cold water and she finds out she's hugging Seohyun. Her cheeks slowly turned rosy as it flashes back to her mind. 'So it wasn't a pillow or huggie?' She looked at Seohyun immediately with her eyes widening. "I... I didn't... do something bad... did I?" as it worries her that the other girl must be bothered of something.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "But you hug me... " and slowly looked elsewhere.

 

"Oh, I honestly don't know that it's you I am hugging. But you are also hugging me." Yoona said as a matter of fact. "Weren't you?"

 

Seohyun almost immediately covered her face. "I thought you're a pillow... and I thought I'm in a garden. So... I can't stop hugging... you." she embarrassingly admitted but shy at the same time.

 

"I felt the same." Yoona chuckled. "I thought I am hugging huggie, though."

 

"We didn't do it in purpose then." Slowly, Seohyun put her hands down. "So you shouldn't feel anything about it, okay?" She pointed at her.

 

"Yes?" Yoona doesn't know how to react.

 

"I mean, don't put any double meaning of it. It was just like our unconscious actions and we don't even know what we did. So promise me you will not put any double meaning of my hug, Okay?" Seohyun seriously demanded.

 

'Why is she so funny without knowing it?' Yoona thought as she smiled and stick out her pinky finger. "I promise then." She suddenly felt giddy silently and weirdly.

 

Smiling back already, Seohyun tangles her pinky finger and moves it up and down. "That's good. You better keep it."

 

"I'm good at keep promise." Yoona said though deep inside she felt like it's not going to happened.

 

"Chincha?"

 

She chuckles softly. "You don't want to believe right away, that's okay. We just know each other, after all."

 

"By the way, do you have your phone?" Seohyun however changed the topic right away when she thought of her sister that was left from the station.

 

"Omo, Yeri." Yoona hurriedly took her device from her hoodie's pocket and handed it. "I have her number, so just see her contact name."

 

"You don't have to mention. I know Yeri has her employer's number." Mumbles Seohyun as she took the smartphone.

 

Yoona smiled awkwardly. "I almost forgot, she's your sister."

 

"And I didn't expect you are the chef she's talking about." Seohyun said as she pressed the call button in her sister's contact name.

 

"Yeah, me too. I have no idea she's your sister." Yoona sighs. 'So I was actually right all along. When I saw them like sisters that day.'

 

"What a small world... Isn't it?"

 

"Absolutely." Yoona nodded.

 

"But don't you ever tell her what happened that day." Seohyun suddenly asked. "Otherwise, I'm going to flick your forehead or kill you." But ends up threatening the older one.

 

Yoona giggles. "I'm all mum." She made a sign through her finger, like zipping her lips.

 

[Unnie why are you going to flick her forehead?]

 

Seohyun's eyes widened. "What?" Upon hearing her sister's voice on the next line already.

 

[Yah! Why can't you be friendly with Chef Im? She didn't do anything bad to you, did she?]

 

"Hmm?" Yoona raised her brows when the latter's gazes are back to her.

 

"Of course there's nothing like that. You just misheard it you know." Seohyun chuckled nervously. "So how are you doing there?" She immediately looked away from the doe-eyed. "I'm sorry we didn't make it. But wait for few hours. We will back there... My wallet is there. You can buy yourself some food while you wait for us."

 

[Aigoo, I have no choice then. But can't you stop being like a weirdo in front of Chef Im? She's really so friendly and kind. You will regret if you don't befriend with her.]

 

She rolled her eyes back. "Araso. Araso. I'll do what you said. Take care there okay? Don't move in your place."

 

[Araso. Araso.] Mimics Yeri.

 

"Yah!" Causing for Seohyun to yell on the phone. But she only heard a giggle before it hangs up. "Aish." she had no choice but to hand the phone back.

 

"She's okay, isn't she?" Yoona immediately wanted to know.

 

Nodding, "Yes." Seohyun replied with a small pout on her lips. "I feel bad for her."

 

"Me too." Yoona sighed. "I mean, it was our fault that we didn't able to leave this train right away."

 

"I know right? We were such a heavy sleeper. tsk, tsk." Shakes Seohyun's head as she sighs as well. "But I know my sister can take care of herself. She knows the place better than I." she smiled, as she reminds herself that her sister is in Daegeon now, and that's where she felt at home more than in Seoul.

 

Yoona was about to asked something related to Yeri when she noticed, outside, that quickly changed her mind. "What's your favorite flower?" And she surprised the girl with the random question.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun couldn't get it.

 

"Look outside." Said the older, smiling sweetly.

 

Upon being asked, Seohyun travels her gazes to Yoona's face to the window, where she can see the view outside. "Whoa... " Her lips immediately formed into an O shape upon learning there's a sunflower farm. "They're so... "

 

Yoona hastily get up. "Let's change place." As she thought it's better for the younger to be next to the window. The latter didn't think twice and she moves to her place. As she took the girl's previous seat, her smile is wide, as she watches the flowers from the other side, but what makes her felt so happy, the sight of the older Seo, who's face is like the prettiest, while she's smiling sweetly. Her heart is fluttering and she can't help but blush silently on her seat. 'Never know someone could be so pretty and adorable at the same time, just by watching the sun flower. It's just like the first time I saw her in the bus.' She thought, unconsciously. And then grabs her earphone from her pocket and put it on her phone. She scrolls down her music and did not tell the other girl as she gently put it on the other girl's ear.

 

 

 

Surprised with the music that rings to her right ear, Seohyun turned her head to Yoona, but couldn't say a word as she finds her smiling sweetly towards her. It gives her goose bumps not just fluttering from the way the latter is treating her.

 

"It's a good way to listen to some music while watching the farm of sunflowers." Says Yoona softly.

 

Seohyun could only shyly smile as her head returns to the other side. She bit her lip and, 'She's not doing this intentionally, is she? Because... because... please stop...' let out an audible sigh.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona can't stop staring at Seohyun's side profile.

 

 

*-*

 

 

"YAAAAAHHHH!!! I HATE YOUUU I HATE YOUUU I HATE YOUUU!!!"

 

Yuri close her eyes tight and dodge all the slaps from the blonde after a couple of seconds just kissing her and being on top of her. She did all her best to avoid them until she had the right time to roll over her body to the other side, avoiding the major hit from the girl. But just as she has avoided it, she saw Krystal furiously coming into her--she instantly get up and runs away for her life, doesn't even have any plans where will she go. But as long as she will be safe by the two mad girls, it'll be alright.

 

She turned her head behind while running, but only to see them yelling at her, asking her to stop from running away. But despite that, she noticed how that Krystal is mentioning 'unnie'. "She's... she's Zombie's sister?"

 

"I'm going to kick your ! Feed you to the tiger or throw you to North koreaaa!!!" Krystal shouted which made her runs faster than usual.

 

After so many turns around the company's building, she got them tired and lost them, and she realized it's time to stopped... besides a trash can, as she collapse there, looking up to the blue sky.

 

Heavy breathing and sweats are falling from her head, Yuri thought she just run into a marathon. It took some time before her muscles relax, she calms down and suddenly, her mind flashes back to what happened earlier.

 

Blinking a couple of times, while her heart is fluttering, Yuri couldn't somewhat believe what just happened. She and the Jung, no the Zombie kissed and it weren’t even like they intended it. But something is off for her, especially the way her chest is moving up and down and those familiar butterflies all over her stomach.

 

"Aish! this is nonsense!!!" she frustratingly ruffles her hair and then sighs weakly, once again recalling the kiss and what she felt the moment their lips were connected. She bit her lip and shakes her head. "This is just nothing." she hastily get up on her feet and wiped off of the dirt and dust on her legs and bum. She also has to wipe away the dirt on her arms and when she when she do the same with her head, the image of the blonde on top of her, kissing her flashes on her mind, she shakes her head a lot. When she's done, she went to get the helmet and walked to her car. But before she can reach it, her phone beeps under her pocket. She stopped halfway and raises her brows when she reads who sent her a message.

 

Yoongie: Can you take care of Huggie for tonight? No, until Sunday night? I will be away for three days for an important work. Be back by early Monday. Thank you, cousin~ ^^

 

"What? She's asking me to baby sit her puppy? Ugh, this is unfair." Yuri complained but her response is different.

 

To Yoongie: Wae? Are you out there searching for your soul mate?

 

There was only a second she received her message.

 

Yoongie: Silly! I'm not! It's a work so make sure to take care of huggie for the meantime.

 

"She's just being mean, not sharing what she's doing, tsk,tsk." She sighed in disappointment.

 

To Yoongie: In one condition.

 

Yoongie: Nah, don't mind it. Just ask the owner of the dog centre to take care of huggie for the next three days.

 

She literally laughs the moment she reads the quick response from her cousin. "Seriously, Im Yoona, you're not fun anymore." But she hastily replied to her message.

 

To Yoongie: YOU ING COMEBACK ON TIME. OR I WILL EAT HUGGIE ALIVE.

 

Yoongie: That's not a problem. Huggie haven't had her anti-rubies.

 

She literally paled after reading her cousin's savage response.

 

Yoongie: So please take care of my huggie too well~ Mwah~ I wuv you~

 

"Ugh, I'm having goose bumps." She cringes and attempts to punch her own phone. Heck, she can't really say no to her cousin's aegyo, even in a message.

 

To Yoongie: Aras. Araso. You take care of yourself as well. I got your huggie back.

 

Yoongie: Gomawu Yuwri-ah~ You're really the best.

 

"What else I can do?" Yuri sighs and did not mind replying anymore as she put her phone back to its place. She hasn't even take a step to resumes her walk when she her phone ringing. Having no idea who is calling, she just took the device again and answered it without checking the caller ID. "Hello?"

 

[Don't leave. We are not yet done.]

 

The cold voice causes for Yuri to freeze and the breeze is suddenly so cold. She recalled how Jessica reacted earlier; she literally just hit her like she doesn't care if she gets scratches or wounds. "W-Wae? I thought... "

 

[The day isn't over yet. Wait for me in the car.]

 

"Just the usual then." She pretends she's not affected by the other girl's obviously threatening voice and responded brightly. "Do well in your job again. Fighting!" And even cheer up for her. She did not hear any response anymore as it just ended.

 

"Aigoo, what am I doing? I'm supposed to play games but she's once again bossing me around. Wait, just because of the kissed? She was even the one on top of me. How can she gets mad about it? I should be the one who's should be mad right now because she grabs me that caused for us to fall. Aish, she's really unpredictable. She's really annoying. And most of all, she's such a Zombie! I didn't know Zombie can kiss too. What a mess." She ends her little blabber with a rub on her head and she resumes to her car. "Just need another plan. She can't continue bossing me again. This is enough. This is really enough." she literally slams the door of the car as soon as she got herself in.

 

She hasn't even the engine; a knock was heard from the window. She turned her head, quickly freezes because of the young girl, standing outside with her arms crossing and signaling her to open the door. But instead of complying, she stuck her tongue and quickly the engine, drives off hurriedly.

 

"YAH! YOU ARE ING COWARD!" Krystal shouted, angrily, watching the car speeds off like in a race.

 

'I'm not coward. I just want to live, which I deserve the most.' Yuri thought knowing exactly she can't come back to that company anymore. Maybe when the older Jung calls her normally again, she will comeback. She had enough and won't allow being bullied anymore. "I'm the teacher, I should be the one disciplining them to be honest." she scoffs at the realization. "Yeah, the game continues once they're calm down."

 

 

*-*

 

 

Upon going back to her seat, Seohyun noticed Yoona is on her phone. She got curious and she leans into her to try to see what keeps her busy while she's gone for a comfort room, only to see her playing the game called bubble shooter. She giggles as a result, which made Yoona to hastily close the game and put her phone down. "It's okay. I know that game too." She quickly reassured her, as she can see she got shy playing a game. "I'm even in level 300 already, so it's not only you who is addicted to it.

 

"I just actually downloaded." Yoona confessed.

 

Seohyun is dumbfounded. "Yes?"

 

"I am killing time so I thought of downloading it." A big teasing smile plastered in Yoona's face.

 

"You... you looked like you were playing it for a long time already." Seohyun is totally embarrassed. She thought she's as childish as hers, playing games. Turns out, she's the only one childish.

 

"It's a fun and easy game, you know. But don't worry; I think I will surpass your level. But it will take months first." The older one giggles. "How many months did it took you to reach 300 levels?"

 

Seohyun let out an awkward chuckle. "It took me three weeks only... "

 

"Three weeks?" Yoona's eyes widened. "What do you do and-"

 

"I sometimes don't sleep early. I mean, I sometimes can't sleep early, so I took my time playing games until I fell asleep." Said Seohyun with a shy smile. Her cheeks turning red at the same time.

 

"Wow, you must be an addict." Yoona laughs, finding it funny. She sometimes doesn’t sleep early too, but it's just one glass of milk and she'll fell asleep.

 

"Yah!" She hits the older girl's arm. "I'm not! I just really couldn't sleep early. It's something that I am used to. You know, stress. Stress from work."

 

"Tsk,tsk." Yoona shakes her head playfully.

 

Sighing and rolling her eyes back, Seohyun shrugs her shoulders and turned her attention outside the window again. 'She shouldn't have confessed she just downloaded it. Aish.'

 

"Why don't you drink milk?" Yoona suggested as she continues to topic, despite the younger girl showing her back to her while leaning into the wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter