Kiss

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 | Kiss

 

***

 

There are three words that can describe how Yuri felt after she learned her father have declined her favor about searching for her ex-girlfriend: Upset, Mad and Weak.

 

Upset because as usual, her father doesn't like her ex-girlfriend. Mad because he cursed Seohyun in front of her. And Weak because as much as she wanted to search for her, she doesn't know where to begin and she has no power enough to hire the best detective that can search her ex-girlfriend so fast and easily.

 

"You know what the solution is? Forget about what happened last night and just focus on your life. Not to mention, how to play with the Zombie that might bite you soon." She told herself in determination. It's her second day either way, so it's just going to be an easy day today.

 

She shrugs off the thoughts of her father and took that new helmet she bought earlier before she stepped out of her car and throws her car keys to the driver while she's making her way inside the Jung Company. She didn't bother to ask their front desk as she went directly to the elevator and pushed the 5 button, the floor where the Jung is apparently having a meeting. As usual, she's going to wait for her. But the difference is, she's wearing a black suit and black shoes, but wearing a helmet, to every employees delight. And she's holding the plastic bags that contain their lunch. She doesn't want to go out again just to buy them lunch. She has come to accept that before she ends this deal, she's not just her driver, she's also her banker.

 

She let all the employees leave the elevator first before she walked out, heading straight to the conference room. It was on time the secretary exited the room and was startled to see her already standing outside. "Dilevery for all the staffs inside this room." She told her, handing the plastic bags.

 

Hesitant, the secretary took the bags and bows her head, doesn't have a word because of the helmet girl that greets her.

 

"Please tell your boss that the Donkey is here." Yuri said in addition.

 

"Yes? D-Donkey?" The secretary almost chuckled, but it was more than a surprise for her.

 

"She knows me. Just tell her." Yuri said and bowed a little to the secretary before she left to find herself a seat.

 

"Weird." Said the Secretary, going back inside the room.

 

Taking her seat to a sofa, Yuri took the magazine from the stand and casually browses the pages, as she leans into her seat and crosses her legs. It took some time before she stopped at a certain page, which made her put her helmet down and have a read of the article that says, 'New Cafes in town.' The article is listing down the new cafes around Seoul. She isn't fond of it, but it caught her attention because of the pictures and each cafe has their own 'style'.

 

She reads the article for the next couple of minutes without any pause on it, until the last featured cafe, she raised her brows when she reads the owner is, "Jung Jessica? Wow... she's... she's not just also managing her father's company, eh? She's also fond of this... cafes. Such a rich brat then." She unconsciously nodded as she didn't bother to read the rest about the cafe, and just see the pictures. She's smiling and feeling like going to the cafe some time because of how big and has two storey the cafe is. But for the second time, her brows raised upon recognizing one of the people inside the cafe. The girl is seen serving a costumer on the picture. "W-wait... am I... " She wasn't sure however, so she put the magazine closer to her eyes and goose bumps when she realized that it looked exactly the same as... "S-Seo Joohyun?"

 

"Yah! What are you doing there?"

 

Unfortunately, she heard a familiar voice nearby. She quickly put the magazine down and widened her eyes upon seeing the blonde is now wearing cold gazes towards her, while crossing her arms. She hastily stood up and greeted her with a bow. "I'm back, Jung Jessica." and was about to hug her when the blonde stepped backwards. "Wae? Didn't you miss me?" She grinned so wide.

 

"Yah!" Jessica hits the tanned skin girl's arm. "What took you so long?! I've been waiting for you for almost half a day, ALREADY!" scolding her furiously like she doesn't have the right to be late. "I thought I already told you that you shouldn't be late! What did you just did, Huh?!" and hits her for three times. No, more coming hits on her arm, until the girl is stepping backwards while trying to dodge all her assault.

 

Yuri keeps on stepping backwards until she hits her back against the glass wall, she successfully took the blonde girl's wrist and then she suddenly spans her around, holding her two wrists now from behind, like she's back hugging her. "I told you to behave Zombie." she whispers, huskily near her ear, sending chills down her spine.

 

Jessica couldn't move. "What-what are you d-doing?" But she was able to say her mind. She gulped nervously as she realized how close Yuri's face next to hers.

 

"I'm asking you to behave." Yuri continues to whisper. "Because you are not the only one who can play games from now on." She smirks when realized the blonde's muscles are tense.

 

"Wha... What?" Jessica tried to move arms but Yuri tightens the grip on her wrists. She felt like she's being handcuffs. Her heart began to pound out of a sudden when Yuri tucks her hair behind her ear and hold her wrist back.

 

"Why are you so tense? We are just going to watch the view. Look, the weather is so good outside." Yuri whispers and smiled from ear to ear. She loves the effect she can do to the used to be so powerful, now weak in her arms.

 

"Aish!"

 

"Oops, wrong move." Yuri swiftly let go of Jessica's wrists as she put her arms around the girl's waist and her chin on top of her shoulder, this is after she tried to yank her grasps on her wrists. "Can we enjoy the scenery first? Hmm? Baby?" She teases nonstop. "Relax and enjoy the view, Zombie Baby."

 

Swallowing a seemed to be heavy lump, there's no words that escape Jessica's lips. Her mind is even blank now, as she felt her legs weakening and her entire body is slowly calming.

 

Taking advantage of the situation, Yuri continues, "Just imagine yourself, no ourselves, in that weather, enjoying it to the fullest while walking in the street, holding hands. Our faces are so bright as the wind brushes through. Then the birds are chirping like joining us for our short vacation. When we saw an ice cream parlor, you bought two for us and we started feeding each other. We're like kids, squealing and giggling because of the sweet taste from the ice cream... Oh, and you even wipe the corner of my lips, when you saw there's a little cream... I did the same but you got shy... And... " she stopped halfway when she heard a throat was cleared behind. She turned her head behind, only to see a middle-aged man, staring at her intensely. She doesn't know him but she felt like she's in trouble, as she instantly let go of the blonde, oblivious that the latter is already hypnotized by her voice. She immediately keeps on bowing and steps aside.

 

"What's... next?" Jessica is seriously like in heaven, while she's hugging herself already.

 

Mr. Jung, her father stands next to her and snaps a finger. "Yah! Wake up!" Knowing exactly what's going on to his daughter.

 

Upon being returned to the real world, Jessica realized Yuri is not hugging anymore her back and there's a familiar figure next to her. She literally jumps in surprised. "Omo, Dad. What are you doing there?"

 

"Who the is that girl?" The Chairman pointed to Yuri, without looking away from his precious daughter. "What is she doing here and she's hugging you earlier?" She questioned, demanding for an explanation right away.

 

Jessica turned her head and find Yuri covering her face with the magazine. But before she can react, Yuri runs away. "YAH! KWON YUUURRRIIII!!! YOU'RE SOOO DEAAAD AGAAAAINNN!!!" she screams all her frustrations again, just like what she did early in the morning with her roommates back home.

 

Mr. Jung automatically covered his ears and closed his eyes tight. Once he opened his eyes, his daughter is already chasing that girl. He scoffed in disbelief. "She did not even tell me who the girl is." But he suddenly pauses when he recalled the name of the stranger. "K-Kwon Yuri? Her name is Kwon Yuri?" Without any hesitations, she took her phone and she sent a message to a certain detective, to investigate about that girl who made his daughter like a mad tiger. It's just too rare for her to be like that, unless she doesn't like the person. "You're so dead also, Kwon Yuri." He smirked in the process.

 

 

*-*

 

 

Once she had stepped inside the train, Yeri hastily looked for seats available. She saw four this time and immediately took it. Her sister takes the empty next to her, while Yoona had no choice but to take the seat that was near the window that was ahead of the sisters' seats.

 

"Yah! Unnie, why don't you take the empty next to Chef Im?" Yeri however noticed, the young chef is alone and it's going to be a four hours and half of ride.

 

"What?! You're joking, aren't you?" Seohyun reacted like her sister is fooling around her.

 

"I'm not! I just don't like to see Chef Im alone there. And we're not behind her. Come on, I will be okay here." Yeri pursued as she pushed her sister through her arm.

 

"If you don't want to see your employer alone, then why don't you take it? We're not close! And you know her well." Declined and explained Seohyun as a matter of fact. But deep inside, she really can't take it after what happened in the bus. Being close with her seems a little dangerous for her heart; it's not healthy for her.

 

"Aish! It doesn't matter! I and her are not even yet close as well. But I'm her employee, I can't break professionalism relationship. Come on, Unnie!!!"

 

"Yeri-ah, it's okay. I'm good here." Yoona chuckled upon hearing the whine from the youngest.

 

"Heard that? Stop it now." Seohyun said and put her sister's hands away from her arm. She then crosses her arms and leans her head into the head's rest. She closes her eyes at the same time.

 

Yeri pout her lips and shrugs her shoulders. "She's really stubborn." Mumbles her as she put her attention outside, as soon as the train started moving.

 

"You and your sister should be next to each other. There's no problem with that for me." Yoona told the younger Seo, hoping she will now forget her favour that was rejected by her sister. She took a glance to Seohyun behind, smiling a little when she saw her now relax on her seat. "You should take a nap. It's a long ride." she added.

 

"Yes, thank you, Chef Im." Yeri closes her eyes and di as what her sister is doing. However, the second she closed her eyes, Seohyun opened her eyes and shakes her head.

 

"What the." She almost cursed if she didn't noticed Yoona checks on her. She turned to the side so she's now back facing her sister and Yoona from her sister, and tried to close her eyes again, but the same image appears once she did it. It's the image of her and Yoona, back hugging her in a bus. "Aish!" she literally ruffles her hair then fixed it again as she sighs in defeat. "Relax, Joohyun. Relax." She told herself as she slowly breath in and breath, breath in and out, knowing it's because her mind is not at peace. It took some time, but as soon as her mind is at peace, she once again close her eyes and this time, she just peacefully went to sleep a few minutes later.

 

Yoona who is wide awake decided to open her laptop and work on unfinished work through her device. To keep her company, she put on an earphone and started listening to some soothing music while she's working.

 

Unfortunately, as she thought she wouldn't feel sleepy, she started to yawn and her eyes would close from time to time, then her head would fall, but she would quickly compose herself and once again returns to work. But as time passes, she just unconsciously couldn't hold it and she fell off of her seat with a thud that wakes her up.

 

The sound from the other side made Seohyun open her eyes and checks where did it came from; only to see the doe-eyed girl is on the floor, trying to get up. "Omo." she instinctively left her seat and helps her up. "What are you doing on the floor?" She asked and Yoona just awkwardly smile. "Geez." she was about to return to her seat after she helps her on her seat, when she heard her voice.

 

"I was dozzing off and that woke me up so big." Yoona's voice is so low, embarrassed with what happened. "Aigoo, thank you for helping me up." Her cheeks did not fails her as it burned. She cups her cheeks and sighs.

 

"Well, that serves you." Seohyun mumbles but smiled so big on her own as she proceeds to her seat. Her eyes rolled right away when she heard Yeri's yawn that was so loud. "Yah! Seo Yeri! Shut it down." she tried to tell the sleeping beauty but it only got louder. "Aish, I can't go back to sleep like this." whines her and scratched her head. She then recalled what Yeri favored her and noticed the empty seat next to the young chef, she got second thoughts about transferring her seat. She bit her forefinger and started debating to herself. 'Should I transfer? Yes, because Yeri is not going to stop snoring whether you like it or not. No, because the same thing might happen earlier in the bus. Yes, because it's a peaceful seat next to Yoona. And she's busy again with her laptop. So there's no reason for that scene in your head to happen again. No, because she might say something your heart might like... Ugh, that's totally not happening. It didn't even beat earlier in the bus though. So yes, let's take the empty seat.' Making up her mind, she slowly took the empty seat and suddenly felt something under her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter