Zombie

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | Zombie

 

***

 

"I was a bit fool last night." Mentioned Seohyun, while she's grilling hers and Yoona's meat on the grilling.

 

Yoona who was busy sending messages to her assistant manager stirred away from it after she heard the other girl's voice, who is apparently sitting across her and Huggie is next to her. She blinks twice before she simply replied, "Wae?"

 

"I was so silly." The younger girl glanced to the doe-eyed beauty. "I got rage over a stupid thing." she continued as she returns to her grilling.

 

"Rage? You easily gets mad?" Yoona chuckled lightly.

 

"Yes." Seohyun nodded with a cute pout. "But it was only because my sister is having a crush on someone. I know she just met that girl but she can't admire her right away. Like, she doesn't even know that person well yet."

 

"That's silly indeed." said Yoona, returning her attention back to her phone.

 

"I know right."

 

"That's silly because you don't have to know the person well if it's just a crush. I think that's normal for teenagers." She continues however, looking back to Seohyun in the process.

 

"Are you telling me... "

 

"I'm telling you that your sister is on her age to have a crush with someone. And that doesn't need some time to know the person well. If the person she's crushing on is doing something that's adimarable, like she plays sports or she's that kind to other people, or towards her, then go ahead... go have a crush. That's shouldn't be actually a big deal." Yoona briefly flashes a smile to her companion that she's slowly and unconsciously comfortable with.

 

Seohyun was agape and speechless. She did not expect for the doe-eyed to explain her side in a little speech, which definitely impressed her at the same time. Heck, she felt a little being lectured, by the way she ended her speech.

 

"Excuse me. I have to take this call first." Yoona stands up and put her smartphone to her ear as she answers the phone call.

 

Seohyun's eyes followed the doe-eyed beauty's figure and let out a sigh audibly. "Huggie, your owner... I think she's... she's someone I should admire too." mumbles her while couldn't take her eyes to Yoona. She's watching her lips' every movement, like a fool--smiling from ear to ear. However, she suddenly dropped it, upon remembering how she fell the first time. 'No. I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't. She's good, charming, kind and really like a perfect person, despite our second meeting. Attraction is definitely different from admiring... But no love for me. Not even a crush. So Seo Joohyun, hold yourself. You're done with that. This is going to be the last time we're going to see each other. I'm just paying back what she did to me. No. No. No. No Joohyun. Stop yourself.' She's shaking her head while closing her eyes tight to return to her normal self. And when she's satisfied, she stopped and opens her eyes back...

 

"Omo, the grilling is on hire."

 

She saw Yoona is in horror as she immediately runs back to their table, before she can even returns to the grilling, just to see her splashing the water to the fire. She's just on her seat, blinking for a few times before she realizes, "Didn't I just burned our meat?"

 

"Absolutely." Yoona laughs. "I'll just ordered for us again. My treat now." and she steps away to let the owner take care of their burnt meat.

 

Seohyun face palm and scolded herself mentally. The supposed to be her treat is now Yoona's. And she felt upset again towards herself, for being so clumsy.

 

"You know what? I think that's meant to be." Said Yoona as she took her seat back. "I mean, I don't like to see someone spending money for me. I would rather spend than the person I'm with."

 

"Waeyo?" Uncovering her face, Seohyun tried to face the doe-eyed girl back but she failed and looked down in shame rather.

 

"Just treat me for an ice cream then. That's okay for me." Yoona said with a big choding smile. "I'm craving for it, honestly."

 

The big smile before her causes for Seohyun to smile back. "Chincha?" and she are excited to get the girl an ice cream.

 

"Yup. There's an ice cream parlor across the street. You can treat me with that." informed Yoona as she took the chopsticks. "I'll grill this time." and announces to grill for them.

 

"I'm sorry--I'm really am." Seohyun apologizes for the umpteenth time of the day.

 

"Stop that. It was an accident."

 

"Still-"

 

"Just tell me what do you do?" Yoona cut the girl's words before the latter can apologize again and again. She glances at her while she's setting the meat casually on her own.

 

"Can I help you?" Seohyun can't just stay in her seat without doing anything.

 

"No." But the doe-eyed girl firmly insisted. "You did well earlier, although it didn't end well. It's my turn." she smiled reassuringly.

 

"Fine."

 

"So what do you do?"

 

"I previously work for an accounting department. But ever since I and my best friend opened a cafe, I decided to quit and manage it - since no one can manage it." Said Seohyun as she put the onions to the grilling carefully, despite the decision from her companion.

 

Yoona sighs as she watches the other girl before her is slowly helping her with their new meat. "You must be stubborn?" She asked as she decided to allow her do whatever she wants to do.

 

"I'm totally stubborn." Said Seohyun with a smug smile.

 

"Okay." Yoona shrugs and continue where she left of.

 

"So what do you do also?"

 

"I'm a cook."

 

Seohyun chuckled. "What I mean is, what your job is?" thinking she did not understood what she asked her.

 

"I'm a really a cook." And Yoona chuckled back.

 

"Eh?"

 

"I mean I cook. I'm a chef." A big and proud smile formed in the doe-eyed beauty's face. "At a restaurant."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun coughs in the process. "So you are... I mean, you know how to do this so well?"

 

"Absolutely."

 

"Heol. Daebak." And she showed two thumbs up.

 

Yoona chuckles. "You too. Since you are an accountant. You must be good in math?"

 

"Just a little." Seohyun giggles. She can't tell she's good at it. "Just average." she added, sheepishly, earning an amuse smile from the other girl. She shyly tuck her hair behind her ear as she returns to their grilling, couldn't somehow stop herself from smiling.

 

Yoona is quiet as she smiles on her own as well, couldn't stop it.

 

 

***

 

 

Bored while waiting for the blonde to leave work, Yuri decided to walk around the company. It's a 9 storey building and every floor is a department, just like the one she previously worked years ago with her parents' company. She took all the hours of waiting by familiarizing the floors and their departments. As if she's a new employee and she needs to know it well.

 

After good 2 hours and a half, she was supposed to go down and have some rest when she thought of something that will be interesting for the employees. She took a pack of post-it note from a random table along with a pen. Without hesitations with her plan, she began to write down something on it and once she finishes, she started placing them to every walls, cubicles and elevator doors. Like she's putting a sign to every department. Yuri then finished it at the lobby and exited the building to get her self a snack.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica who had been busy meeting with managers had a huge sigh of relief as she finally takes her leather chair comfortably in her own office. Her lips are curving into a big smile, as her body relaxes, while her eyes are close.

 

"What to do after this?" She asks in a whisper, just randomly crossing her mind. "Yeah... A body massage would do." And she answers it on her own. "And go the cafe, then shopping and shopping... More shopping... " She thought of giving herself a reward after she spent the whole day in the office, walking into offices and even have a meeting with the board. Her stress level is totally up earlier. But now that everything is done, a reward is a must for her self.

 

Opening her eyes, she heard a knock on the door. "Come in." Which she automatically responded. She composed herself and ready to face her secretary when she noticed something unusual. "Wae?" In her face that she couldn't figure what.

 

"N-Nothing. Um, just here to tell you that you don't have any schedule anymore. But tomorrow, you have three meetings in different clients. So it's during after breakfast, lunch time and supper, Miss Jung." Her secretary informed her.

 

"So I can go home now every time I want today, Miss Lee?"

 

"Yes, Miss Jung." Sunny, Jessica's secretary answered with a friendly smile.

 

"Okay. Thank you, Miss Lee." A big and excited smile appeared in Jessica's features, letting the other girl knows that she's good to go.

 

Sunny bows and turns on her back, ready to leave when she thought of just telling their General Manager. "Miss Jung." By only placing the post-it note to her table. She then bowed again and left the room animatedly.

 

Puzzled, Jessica stared to down the piece of paper that was facing down. "What the heck is this?" She raised her brows and slowly flipped it; a text can be read as;

 

Beware of Zombie Jung around, she's going to eat you alive.

 

She is agape and slowly but surely, her blood is boiling in anger. "Kwon... YURIIIII!!!" She exploded naturally, causing for employees outside her office to giggle and some even playfully hides under their desks.

 

Yuri who was having her snacks inside the car chokes with her own food. She instinctively keeps on patting her chest and drinks water for a few times until she can freely breathe again. A huge exhale escapes , out of relieved. "That was close." she remarks as she leans her head to the headrest.

 

Her phone suddenly vibrates under her pocket, she just casually took it and checks the message she received. "Omo." But her eyes widened as she reads it.

 

Zombie Blonde: Where the are you?

 

"Why is she cursing?" She wonders. She immediately replied however.

 

To Zombie Blonde: I'm just outside. Wae? You miss me that much, No?

 

In just a second, a reply was sent to her.

 

Zombie Blonde: COME HERE IN MY OFFICE.

 

She laughs at the kind of reply, knowing exactly why it's caps lock. "But what makes her mad?" But she doesn't know the reason this time.

 

To Zombie Blonde: No ;p

 

She giggles after that message she sent. "I wonder what will she reply." as she anticipates for the reply again. Seeing how she's using caps lock. But for some unknown reasons, her reply seems to take time. "Omo, did she mistake me as her employee? Or... what?" her heart beats started so fast, nervous and thinking negative about the situation inside her office. "I hope she's not that... " she didn't able to continue her words when the reply finally arrives.

 

Zombie Blonde: DON'T MOVE TO YOUR SEAT. I'M COMING OUT THERE.

 

"Eh?" She's too puzzled that she can't for many reasons of her rage. "Did someone make her this mad? Aish, she's just too hot tempered. She doesn't know how to be calm." sighs her at the end of her words. Her eyes widened unfortunately, as she can now see who's approaching the car, with her obvious angry bird’s mode. Then she noticed her fist, it's holding something... "Post-it?" It took a only a second when she realized the cause of her rage. "My signs? She reads it too?" a grin plastered in her face.

 

"GO OUT THERE AND LETS TAAAAALK!"

 

"Who would want to talk to a zombie right now?" Scared, Yuri immediately turns on the engine and she abruptly drives off.

 

"YAAAAAHHH!!! COMEBACK HEEEEEREEEEE!!!" Screamed Jessica. "YOU DONKEEEY YOU'RE SO DEEEEAAADDD!!!" while frustratingly shaking her body.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona pulled the car over in front of her restaurant, letting out a tired sigh once she turned off the engine. But she can't go out yet when her mind flashes back earlier, before she separated ways with the girl.

 

Flashback...

 

"Wait! Can I get your number?"

 

Seohyun stopped on her tracks and turned her body around, facing the doe-eyed girl who is holding her phone. "Why would I give you my number?" She absentmindedly responded.

 

Taken aback and somehow can't find a reason, Yoona noticed Seohyun's expressions that made her changed her mind. "Ne... Never mind. I'm just - I'll go now. Have a nice day." She bows her head almost immediately went to car, hitting her head a few times. "Obviously she doesn't like that. Why are you so babo sometimes, Im Yoona?" She scolded herself and takes a last glance to the former before she drives off carefully.

 

End of Flashback...

 

Another sigh escapes Yoona's lips. "She's obviously not interested in keeping in touch or even make friends with me. Ugh, Why am I so bad with this?!!!" She frustratingly couldn't help herself and ruffled her hair. "Aish! Get a hold of yourself Yoona. She's not the one. For just two meetings, you can't tell to anybody like that, right away." But hastily fixed it upon noticing her assistant manager is approaching the car. She steps out and greets him with a question. "Are you sure with what you said earlier?"

 

"Yes. The detective has confirmed their death years ago and they are apparently in Daejeon. I mean their grave is in their hometown. So the possibilities of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter