::oo5::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole time Rana was on the podium, she was scanning the whole crowd. Although she was all ears on her equipment, mixing the right songs at the right time – her eyes were observing the crowd. She needed to know if the crowd was on their feet, if they were not, she would increase the bpm of the song little by little, beat by beat. That was her job. She needed to keep the dance floor all hyped out. The more people dancing to her mixes, the better. It was a subtle achievement for her. To please one person was not hard at all, but to please a whole crowd, it was not an easy task to do.

While she was monitoring the dance floor, her eyes caught on a familiar figure at the far corner of the club. It was dark, but once in a while when the strobe light illuminated the area, she could make out his features, even with the toxic stick entrapped between his lips, he still looked smoking hot in her opinion. He no longer had his black coat on him – just his white shirt, sleeves pulled up to his elbows. He was leaning against one of the vacant tables. Their eyes met and she was quick to look away.

… He followed me here? Rana cursed mentally.

She needed to get away from his scrutiny. She couldn’t believe that her bodyguard would literally follow her even when she needed no protection from him. If ever this guy reported to her father, she’d be finished. She had always been a goody two shoes where whatever her father said, she would obey. Never in a million years did she imagined that her life would end this way.

As soon as she finished her session for the night, she got off the podium and disappeared behind the door into the staff area of the main club. When V saw that she already made a beeline towards the restricted area, he knew that she was trying to get away from him – so he followed suit. Not towards the staff area, but around the back of the club till he saw a back door where she could possibly use in order to get away from him. Before he arrived at the back alley of the club, he already saw her white superbike, which meant that she was still inside the club – he was very sure of it.

Rana quickly took off her headphone and stuffed it inside her backpack, drawing out a black leather jacket for her to cover her overly exposed body. As quickly as she could, she rushed to get her payment for the night and escaped through the back door. As soon as she was out the door, her steps were halted by his tall figure blocking her way. He just stood there with a hard face – not even a word said.

“Y-you have n-no rights to follow me h-here.” She wanted to sound more demanding, more fiercely, but it sounded out like a wail for help. She cursed at herself mentally.

Such confidence I portrayed.

V let out a small chuckle. That was the first time she ever saw him pulling out a smile. He had been showing little to no emotions ever since he arrived at her place but that boxy smile that showed off his perfect teeth almost melted her heart to her knees. Almost.

“I’m sorry, miss. I don’t have any rights to follow you here, but your Father has all the rights to command me to follow you everywhere.” His face hardened again. The beautiful smile disappeared and came back stone cold V.

Rana could feel her blood starting to crawl on her scalp. Her anger began to override her emotions – so she fisted her fists hard – trying her best to control her emotions from bursting out. She didn’t know if it was anger or fear – it literally felt the same. She might be angry at her father for being overprotective and took control of her life this way – but at the same time she feared that her father might be disappointed at her for living her life this way. But then again, it’s not like she did drugs or going overboard with drinking. She went to the club to work – horning her DJ-ing skills. Was it so wrong for her to become a DJ?

V’s hawk eyes landed on her fist. He knew very well that she was trying to contain her emotions. People do that a lot. their fingers to contain any emotions that was ticking like a time bomb, so he stepped away from her route.

“Come, miss. I’ll you home.” He said with a calm tone. His voice was really deep – a tone that you would not expect coming from his charming figures.

“I’m fine. You can leave me alone.” She stomped off from her spot, making her way towards the white superbike she parked in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter