::oo4::

Bullets & Fragile Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             “Rana honey, hear me out first.” Her father’s voice was gentle – but as gentle as it may sound, there was a hint of plea laced through his intonation.

            “No, Father. I told you I’m fine. I’m not a child anymore and I don’t need a bodyguard. I clearly told you last night that I don’t need one.” Rana was getting agitated with the situation that she was in. Her father clearly didn’t assess the situation from her point of view. “I want a normal life, Father. No normal 20 year old has a bodyguard tailing them around in suits.”

            “But you’re not a normal 20 year old!” Mr. Min finally raised his voice a notch, obviously irked by his daughter’s ignorant behavior. “Listen to me first.” He placed his hand on her shoulder – firm, but gentle. “Anybody who followed you last night must’ve had a clear bad reason. You are not from a normal family. People will harm you to get to me and to get to the company. You are my daughter, and I will do anything to put you away from harm, so please, listen to me just this time and I’ll stay out of your way, yeah?”

            Rana fell quiet with the older male’s words. There was nothing wrong with every words that spewed out of his mouth because last night could have made her life take a turn on a wrong direction. The event that took place last night literally had been barging her mind relentlessly all night last night. She was very scared. A part of her felt that having a bodyguard would be a good thing for her, but another part of her didn’t want to make amend to her father’s decision.

            ! How am I supposed to go to the club tonight? Father is going to kill me if he finds out.

            “O-okay.” She said weakly, going over her lines over and over again in her head. She needed to choose her words carefully for the questions she had in her mind. Mr. Min heaved out a sigh of relief when she agreed to his decision. Rana turned her head to look at the man that had been standing next to her father for the past ten minutes with little to no expressions on his face at all. “But he’s not going to stay here right? He’s only looking out for me until I go to sleep right?” That was the questions that she had in her mind.

            Mr. Min let out a low chuckle, shaking his head as if that was the most interesting questions he had heard the whole day.

            “Don’t be silly, love. Of course he’s staying here. I paid him to watch over you 24/7.” Mr. Min looked around the house before spotting her maid making her way to the living room with a tray and three cups of coffee in her hands. The male nodded at the female as she set the table up with the drinks. “You have plenty of rooms in this house and besides, you’re not staying alone with him. Ahjumma will be around too.”

            Rana couldn’t believe her ears. Her father must have thought that it was funny to set her up like this – letting her staying alone only to give her another babysitter to watch her over. Her father never ceased to amaze her with his amazing talent of making her life a living disaster. Rana plopped her body onto the sofa in exasperation. It was as if her soul had left her body and her brain was dead from the remarkable news that her father just delivered to her. How was she supposed to go to the club for her gigs? Was he really going to follow her around at campus? What will other people say about her?

            People are going to find out about this family. They’re going to find out that Father is the CEO of Devine Corporation. My normal life in jeopardy!

            “I don’t have all day, Min Rana. The decision had been made. Please accept it and put this old heart at ease, yeah?” Mr. Min approached his daughter and softly patted her head in such a loving manner. “I expect to see you at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter