Get to Know You

Let me love you till you love yourself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chanyeol*

 

    It had been a good day. Despite being terrified for the first two hours, Chanyeol was happy that they were able to finish the day happy.

 

They were currently sitting on a bench in the amusement park and it was beginning to get late.  He turned to Haneul and saw that she looked happy. She was eating her ice cream while hugging her bear close to her. He laughed a little after remembering how it ended up with them.

 

He noticed that more and more people were beginning to leave. He turned to Haneul once again and tapped her shoulder. She turned to him and he said.

 

“I think we should start heading home.”

 

She nodded and began to stand up. they both began to head towards the exit of the park, once outside they had to walk to the bus stop. It was a bit far from where they were currently at. Chanyeol saw this as a good opportunity to talk to her, but not just any everyday talk, he actually wanted to get to know her. He noticed that even though they had been talking a lot more recently, they never talked about themselves. They always talked about broad topics, and so, Chanyeol wanted to know more. Chanyeol took in a breath and decided to ask.

 

“So…” he began. “Do you have any siblings?”

 

He saw Haneul’s face light up to this question and a big smile make it’s way to her face.

 

“Yes I do!” she said with a smile I have two older brothers, one of them is my twin!” she began “I also have two little brothers and a little sister! I played house with her and we always walked to the market near the house to get food for dinner, my older brothers always tease me and my little brother are the cutest” she said smile never leaving her face.

 

Chanyeol smiled too and asked “Where are they now? Do they live with you?”

 

Slowly Haneul’s face left her face. Chanyeol was confused, she seemed really happy to be talking about her family, but now she looked grim.

 

“No… they, they live in another country’ she said as she released a nervous laugh. “I came to study here by myself, they're…all... somewhere else,” she said while looking down.

 

Chanyeol felt bad for asking.

 

The bad atmosphere was chased away quickly though, with Haneul asking “What about you? Do you have any siblings?”

 

Chanyeol looked down and sighed. “No, I wish I did… but I can’t really do anything about it”

 

Haneul saw that the question upset Chanyeol and so she decided to ask something else. “How was your childhood? A lot of people have really interesting stories, how about you?”

 

Chanyeol looked down and said “I don’t really remember my childhood”

 

Haneul Looked at him and asked, “Do you mind if I ask why?”

 

Chanyeol thought about it. Was it okay to say it? Was it okay to open up?...

 

Chanyeol smiled to himself and decided that yes, it was okay. He had wanted to know more about Haneul, but he can’t ask for much if he doesn’t give anything in r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter