THE END? [Part 4 - Final]

10th Member

Jeongyeon brings Sana to another room.

Because of her, no one couldn't speak a thing. She was gone so crazy that made us felt empathy yet kinda annoyed as well. It was just out of the place. "So, you're leaving the dorm tomorrow right? Let's spend this night for you then!" Nayeon suggests. 

"Should we order more foods? I don't think this pizza is enough," Jihyo asks the group. They agree.

 

While waiting for it coming, we spend the time to talk about me. Momo confesses that she has known my name since I was still a trainee. "Haeju was so popular, you know? People already talk about her. There weas already a rumor her would be added to Twice." 

Dahyun says that she is so amazed at my variety sense. She likes my persona and how I can react to something necessarily. Not over-reacting or less which both are not entertaining. "I learn so much by observing you," She admits.

Chaeyoung then shows us a voice recording of me singing in a shower. I can't believe she records it without my permission. "Whoaa.... I can't delete this one. It just sounds so beautiful!" She says. Everyone agrees. "We are gonna be really losing you, Unnie....."

I tell them that the CEO-nim talked me once in a meeting. That meeting. I tell them what was happening there, every details. Everybody is listening carefully. Then the members talk more about myself. "Do you remember when we went to that amusement park in Europe?" Jihyo asks. "I was so happy to be able to spend my time with Haeju there."

"The Pokemon game!" Chaeyoung grabs my hand. That statement makes Dahyun gets excited as well. I chuckle. I give our tiger cub a meaningful look before laughing again. Only both of us know what happened there.

"Haeju crying is one thing that I won't be able to forget," Nayeon says, "She even cried on TV! Can't you believe that?"

"Wait... It was Sana who was crying back there," Jihyo corrects her. "But yeah, Haeju cried as well because of Sana. She cried on her first performance tho!"

"That was a long time ago........" Nayeon answers her, "Oh, how about Haeju's experiment saying 'I love you' to us?!" She reminds us before laughing by herself. "I kissed her right after she said that. Haha..."

"Ha ha ha............" Our laugh is echoing. It feels so empty.

"Nayeon is so erted," Mina says.

Funny, because she is the one who says it. It's so intense when I'm with her the most. Apparently, I have so many memories of them individually more than they have about me. I remember singing with Jihyo and Mina on my first V-live, privately in front of our Once. Or when Nayeon fought me yet everyone tried to calm us down. From that day, I learned that I must behave to be a good friend. I learned so much from them about this new thing so-called friendship. I also try to understand them individually which I never understand someone this deep before. Ah, I suddenly remember Momo changed clothes together with me in a small fitting room. Or Mina kissed me in a toilet. Or the God talk with Dahyun at the church...... Gosh, I remember them all! And I realize I won't be able to repeat that again. There won't be more memories of us. This is it. I know I will still be able to meet them but it won't be the same, right? Have I just made a wrong decision? Ohh.... I'm so drowned with my thoughts. I just realized no one's laughing or even smiling anymore. My head is fixated, so heavy to raise. Tears are dropping uncontrollably on my cheeks. A quiet cry.

"We cannot let Haeju go......." I'm not sure who says that.

 

The pizza arrives.

The plan is also set. The members agree to bring me back to Twice. They decide to demand another meeting with the chairmen tomorrow. They will bargain them to let me stay before it's announced officially to the public. They're going to fight for me. It's tomorrow or never.

"Are you ing kidding me?!" A door is opened roughly. Sana's shout breaks the mood. She is walking with rage towards me, looks like Jeongyeon cannot stop her anymore. I look at her. Red face, red eyes. The unusual so-mad expression that makes ev--- "Argh!!!" She pushes me until I fall to the floor. I'm shocked. Jeongyeon yells to stop her but she doesn't care. "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TRY SO HARD TO LEAVE US?!"

Silence. "I.... I....."

"Do you think Twice is a joke for you?!"

She calms herself. The deep voice indicates that she means what she says.

"If you want to leave that bad, go ahead. But don't come back........"

".........."

She turns around to speak with the members. "She quits! Officially! Why do you guys bother to keep her when it's her own ing decision to leave??!!!"

"Sana, Haeju is--"

"MINA! MOMO! Do you remember when we had a voting between Haeju and us?"

"You need to stop--"

"I want everyone votes again anonymously! Haeju stays: X or O. Don't be afraid to hurt her feeling because we have nothing to lose. I'm sure not everyone here REALLY wants Haeju to stay. Ask yourself!" Short. SImple. Shocking. Yet makes everyone can't argue. Sana yells to Chaeyoung and Dahyun to get some papers and pens. Them again, just like that other night after Tzuyu and I beat the J-line. Sana glares at me. "I was wrong by voting you that day. Now I'm going to give you what you really want. You need more lesson, !"

 

A paper is given to me.

I stare at it blankly. I'm asked again if I shall stay or not. I look at the other members, they all seem hesitant to write their answer. Well, maybe not all. Tzuyu lets Sana enters the room so I don't know what's happening inside. I look at my blank paper again. What should I write?

Jihyo calls Satzu after she finishes collecting all of our ballots. They come out, refuse to sit on the couch. Tzuyu doesn't even want to look at me. Her face is still red but already dry. It's clearly shown that it was wet before. I don't know what's on her mind right now as she remains her poker face.

"First one: O," Jeongyeon says as she opens a paper. One person wants me to stay. My heart is racing. "O....

O....

O....

O...."

She opens it one by one. This is weird but there is a part of me who's waiting for an 'X'. "Ah, there is someone who writes a message. May I read it?" Jeongyeon looks at Sana, asking for permission. She nods. 

 

Haeju-ya.....

Remember that night? :)

That's not the reason why I want you to stay. There are many more reasons that beyond words to explain it.

I love you. You just can't leave, okay? Please.......

'O'

I smirk in secret. I can't look at Jihyo while it's being read. My eyes get so warm. Hurts. Apparently, there is one more ballot that contains a message.

 

'O' but, to be honest, I see this coming...... 

I know it's hard for you. It's also hard for us to accept the situation, I'm sure of it. Because it's so hard for me to lose a friend like you. Really. Really. Hard.

Should I kiss you to stop this? To stop you from saying and doing something non-sense?! It worked before, didn't it? :') Just remember that this is your biggest mistake, Haeju-ya. Never ever do this again! 

I wipe my tears with my right hand. Mina is holding the other hand. Tighter now.

 

Jeonyeon finishes reading all the ballots. 7 Os and 3 Xs. I look at Sana and Tzuyu. Everyone does. Sana whispers something to Tzuyu before the latter is coming to me. That face... I don't know what she's going to do with me.

She kneels in front of me, whispers, "Sana Unnie and me just don't want you to choose 'X' alone. Unnie, we are on your side."

"You haven't given up on me......."

"Never."

 

 

 

But now it's up to you..........

***

The meeting happens. The CEO-nim, Jyp PD-nim, Raj Oppa, and the other chairmen are the other side of the table when the rest of us are sitting in front of them. Not Tzuyu and Sana. They are standing, leading us. She slams the table to emphasize her statement. "You are the one who's gonna losing Haeju. Not her losing you!"

***

We win. JYPe cancels my resignment contract. After a dramatic group hug, we decide to celebrate this in a really fancy restaurant that Nayeon suggests. Honestly, I still can't believe what's happening. Before entering the car, I suddenly remember one thing I need to do. I'm going to look for Raj Oppa. I want to thank him.

 

".......I saw him going to that hallway," A trainee says while pointing at the place he means. After thanking him, I run to that place. As I come closer, a yelling is heard louder. I decide to take a peek instead of coming carelessly. It's the CEO-nim and Raj Oppa. Omg, Raj oppa is cornered by him!

"How can this happen?!!!" He yells at Oppa.

He tries to defend himself, "I am so sorry, I don't know that--"

"You fail it, that's what's going on here! No payment for you."

"But, no please..... I have done everything that you ask! I took care of Haeju when you take care of the other members by kidnapping them so people feel empathy to them more than Haeju. See? I understand the plan so well. Please don't do this to me.............."

Huh?

".....Listen to me, sir! I've manipulated her so smoothly and it works. She DID want to leave Twice!" Oppa speaks with her unique Indian accent.

"You call this a success??!"

"But... But.... This is all because of the other members........."

 

I cannot continue listening to them. I leave in silence. Now I feel so stupid for believing him all this time. But I feel more stupid as I truly realize how stupid my decision to leave Twice. I turn away and surprised to see a tall girl is standing in front of me. "Unnie....."

"You hear it, Tzuyu?"

She nods.

"Let's leave!"

"Wait, I wanna ask you a question," She says.

"What.... What is it?"

She holds my hand. "Why should you not quit?" She asks.

I'm stunned. Realizing. Recalling everything that has happened these few weeks. "Yes, I am a quitter, Tzuyu......"

She smiles. "Why should you not quit?" She asks me again. 

"Yeah, I ruin everything by simply quitting. But I left not because I hate you all. Not because Twice doesn't need me anymore. I know it's not because of that new manager. Not even because everyone wanted me to do so......"

"Why should you not quit?"

I grab her hand, embrace her arm. So tight. Ah... I remember there's one more person I wanna hug right now. We walk away leaving the angry CEO-nim behind us. The people who care are already waiting. I ask that question once again.

 

I guess, even in a VERY BAD situation, quitting is not the only choice I have. Not with my friends beside me. Even the sun shines again after the worst storm, right? Why should I not quit, Tzuyu? I lean on her shoulder, a tear has reached the edge of my jaw, involuntarily.

 

 

 

......Because that's not how my story should have ended.

 

 

 

 

 



((author's note)) The end :')

During the period of structuring this story, I kept asking the same thing myself. Just like her, I'm also a quitter and it's like one of the biggest flaw I ever have. Why shouldn't I quit? Why shouldn't I give up on things? I couldn't find the answer until the part 3 was finished written. Really! I discovered the answer "with Haeju" together. This never happened before..... I was so exciting when the first time I got the answer that I immediately made many changes here and there on the story. It almost got a sad-ending if I couldn't answer that question haha :')) 

This story is inspired by nothing but me crying in a middle of night. Now it ends by me crying again..... It has no intention to make any specific person/people feel bad because of any reasons.

Haeju thanked the members for keeping them in Twice but I thank her so much for solving my helpless problem. And thank YOU for keep reading, so I get the motivation to complete this story. Jeongmal kamsahamnida :"D