Your Sweet Excuses

10th Member

There is a part in our choreography that I need to hold Mina's hand while facing each other. 

Since we need to practice and perform that song, we do that move for several times. This is the first time I stand so close with a girl, hold her hands, and see her smile sweetly to me. Her hand is smooth, not surprising. I also like the smell of her perfume, which can be confusing because it's mixed with her sweat. Probably I just like her natural fragrant. Sometimes, I just try not to look at her eyes while practicing. It's kinda awkward to see her upclose over and over again. Of course, I look at her eyes everytime we are on a stage. I need to be professional too. But on stage, I concentrate more to the song so I don't really focus on her. What cute is... Sometimes she smiles meaningfully to me. She even smiles and laughs a little bit as she is enjoying it. Maybe she does that to make me feel relaxed on stage. Maybe to relaxe herself as well. That mostly works on me. Mina also knows when I'm in a really bad mood and decides not to joke around with me. She just smiles necessarily at that time. She understands me so well.

I always treat Mina as a friend, but because she is small, I like to think her as my little sister. I don't have a sister so I always imagine having one. Tzuyu is cute too, but she is as tall as me. Different with Mina who is shorter. She sometimes acts so childishly and pamper to me that makes her even cuter. Even when she is pouting she looks so lovely. She doesn't talk much to people but she does to me, makes me feel special. I think she is comfortable with me as well.  But this little sister takes care of me a lot! She is so caring, especially when we are in public, like on a TV show, radio recording, etc. Hehehe... But, you know, sometimes I feel like I complain too much. I just hope she is not tired with me.......

By the way, since mostly we sit together in front of the public, I can see her closely with a makeup on. It's not just our makeup artists do a very good job, but Mina is naturally beautiful too. She gives this vibe like..... She is a daughter from a rich family or a princess who lives in a big castle. Don't you think the same? She is so pretty even when she just sits there and listens to people talking. And when she laughs it makes her even more adorable. I wondered if the majority Japanese girls are looked like Mina, but as far as what I see on TV or internet, there is no one like her. 

There is only one Mina.

 

Today we are at a fan meeting. We need to wait for something, I forget what it is, but it takes a long time. So, we just sit here without any Once approaching us yet. I have nothing to do. Then I'm just staring at Mina's face who sits right beside me. She is so beautiful up close, as usual. I'm making this weird face as I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately, she notices that.............

"What are you doing, Haeju?"

I still don't realize that she is calling me...........

"Is there something on my face?"

Still...................

"Ju!"

"Huh what?," I'm startled,"Oh! Nn... Nothing nothing!!! What did you ask again?" I ask her. I try to act normal but fail. I'm so awkward.

She lifts one of her eyebrows, making a confused face. Then just leave..........

Oh no... Did I just hurt her? Is she angry at me? Did I just make her feel uncomfortable?? I start to question myself. Mina can't be seen anymore. She really has left me. Then I decide to follow her.

 

After looking at her everywhere, finally, I meet her in the restroom. She is washing her hand. I carefully approach her.

"Mina........" I say.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry....."

"Ehh?!" She makes that confused/angry face again.

"You know..... I know I shouldn't do that. That was wrong. I'm so sorry......"

"It's fine........" Mina doesn't answer me properly.

"A... Are you angry at me?"

She looks at me for a while. "Should I?" She says before continues to wash her face.

"I know I made you uncomfortable on the stage earlier.... I'm really sorry, Mina. That was disgusting! That was not my intention to look at you like that, you know.... I don't know what's wrong with me-" I'm stammering as I feel so guilty.

"Hey hey, it's okay!" She grabs my left shoulder. "You did nothing wrong--"

"No, it's not! I shouldn't have this weird feeling to you. I shouldn't do that. I just..... I'm sorry, I......"

"Really, it's fine..."

"Just forgive me, that was really wrong--"

"Ugh... Why are you always so dramatic like this!!?" Mina cuts me before immediately walks toward me. Her head leans forward. Her face is approaching. In a blink, she leaves a peck on my lips..........

 

She kisses me!

 

"Shut up, Ju! Everything is fine." Mina stares at me after doing that.

I'm shocked!!!

"It's never wrong to feeling something. Don't worry about it," She says again.

Lowkey I suddenly feel so happy and I'm trying so hard to hide that. I still don't know what to say tho. Speechless! But then, I realize she is angry at me right now. I realize I can become so annoying. I bet she has been holding it for a long time. She just wanted to stop me from apologizing. Got it. 

"....You agree, right?" She asks me. Nothing comes out from my mouth. Just a nod. Mina then leaves me who is frozen on where I'm standing. "Are you coming or what?" 

"Ah, COMING!"

 

After that, we come back to the stage. Chatting to each other while waiting like nothing happened. I try to act normal as well to appreciate her effort to break the ice. But I still can't believe she did that to me. Kissed by Myoui Mina, it's like a dream for me. I never even dare dreaming about that..... Anyway, today's incident reminds me of what happened earlier with Momo. That fitting-room moment also makes me worry about myself. I'm so different lately. I feel like I'm changed. I discover something "new". I know I shouldn't but I look at my friends differently these days. I think I am..... Attracted to them.

 

Am I okay?

 

 



((author's note))

Some of the stories that I write are reenacted by myself before posted, including this one. You know..... To make it more realistic. I read the dialogue out loud to know if it sounded natural or not. This is a simple story, but I'd say it would be fun if it really happened hehe :p