The Sneak Peek

The Last December - A Visual Novel

sneak peek of our characters~ ;)

yes, I'm still alive.
yes, this visual novel is still in progress.
but no, this will no longer be released this December.

my sister dropped out of this project, so there's only one of the sisters left. But no worries, I'll still be working on this, and I'm determined to finish this, it's just that it'll take much longer for me to do it now. This happened quite some time back, but I couldn't find time to update (you know, school assignments... and then I went on a family trip to Australia for the last two weeks).

below is the refined and updated story summary, character descriptions and game information. Please do give our demo a try or even help us spread the word if you can. All the social media accounts created for this project are linked below. It would really mean a lot to me if you follow us there too, Tumblr being the most active one :)

other ways you can help:
survey | karma donation


THE LAST DECEMBER
The Last December is about an 18 year old girl with lung problems, who doesn’t have much time left to live. Tired of the treatments and medicines that didn’t help save her, she decides to escape the hospital to complete her bucket list with the help of some of her new found friends.

Join them, as they all grow and discover new things in life while helping the girl fulfil her dying wishes, which includes some things like riding a motorbike, watching the sunrise, having her first kiss and visiting the amazing town of Cornucopia!



December
Our main protagonist who have had lung problems since young and has spent a large part of her life staying in the hospital. Growing up in a strict family, she wasn’t allowed to do anything they deemed bad for her. She was brought up to become afraid to try new things. After finding out she doesn’t have much time left, she decided to, for once, pick up the courage to try the things she wanted to do but was never allowed to do and never dared to do. She sets on a journey to complete her bucket list before leaving the world.

Zayn
A 19 year old boy who broke both his arm in a car accident. Having no sense of personal space, he’s flirty, egoistic, fun and playful. As an aspiring artist, the accident didn’t just break his arm, but his dream as well. Unable to draw anymore, he was going to give up on his life when he meets December and decides to help the dying girl fulfil her bucket list before her time is up.

???
? year old boy who finds himself making sacrifices that he regrets. Mysterious and aloof, he’s unwilling to reveal much about himself. He’s street smart and used to going around by himself, but December and Zayn sticked around for much longer than he intended them to and he just can’t seem to shake them off. While unintentionally (or so he say) helping the duo, he learns to start making the right decisions himself.

Skylar
December’s 24 year old new primary doctor. Kind, smart and mature. A fresh graduate from university who is filled with passion to make the world a better place. He strives to help the girl stay alive even when she believes that there’s no hope left for her condition. He does his best for December, even if it means to go against the hospital rules.

Ethan
December’s classmate and eye-candy since young. Cute and extremely shy boy who never dared to speak to December despite having known her for 15 years. He’s musically talented and one of the top students every year. While December help him pick up his courage, he helps her with her dying wishes.



Game Information
Genre | Slice of Life, Romance and Slight Bromance
Ratings | For all ages (Teenagers & Young Adults)
Platforms | Mac OS, Windows, Linux
Screen Resolution | 1280 x 720
Demo | itch.io


Social Media
Tumblr | Asianfanfics | LemmaSoft | DeviantArt | indieDB


Contact
ourdecemberdreams[at]gmail.com



I'm planning to update the demo again soon, with the completed backgrounds and other miscellaneous. Stay with me to get updated when that happens :D