Chapter 1: Introductions

The Hired Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You must be, Moon Bin." The man said, extending his hand out while simultaneously taking the empty seat beside him.

"I'm sorry?" Bin had not meant to gawk. He hadn't meant to squeak either. But then again, there really was no other human reaction more appropriate. The man sitting in front of him was nothing short of extraordinary. An Adonis made human.

A god made flesh.

Thick, naturally black hair that was cut and styled to fall in soft lines over a face that was so symmetrical it appeared drawn from an artist's dreams. A long, straight nose that ended at a delicate piquant tip, almost too feminine for a male. Perfectly almond-shaped eyes sparkling with innate humor and intelligence that curled into comical slits when he smiled. Lush, full lips that stretched to display two rows of white teeth. A tall, but sturdy physique wrapped up fashionably in what appeared to be a tailored suit in smokey-gray with a cream cashmere sweater underneath.

He couldn't possibly be real, could he? Bin didn't think his agency pictures did him justice. Or they could have been purposely shot and chosen to downplay the man's very obvious charms?

"I'm Cha Eunwoo. You were expecting me?" The beautiful man persisted still holding out his hand.

"Oh, yeah. Right." Bin felt like a ninny, being momentarily blinded by the perfection in front of him he forgot his manners. He grasped the proffered hand, pleased to find it warm and soft to the touch. A slight tingle ran up his spine as those long fingers lingered but a second longer on the back of his hand as he pulled away. "I'm glad you found the place, okay?"

Eunwoo settled comfortably on his seat, pulling at the ends of his customized jacket before leaning against the back rest. "I do a fair amount of flying myself and I'm not a stranger to this lounge area." He  looked bemusedly at the small crowd of onlookers who had been side-eyeing him since he walked in. KAL's vip lounge  started to hum with the curiosity of the over-privileged.

"Of course, you aren't." Bin wanted to kick himself for coming up with such a lame rejoinder; neck tucked down to his shoulders, trying to melt under the subtle scrutiny of his fellow passengers.

Six days ago he contacted a highly exclusive, by recommendation-only service, referred to him by a female friend who sang praises about the choices they offered. After being subjected to a rigorous background check, the kind most governments would subject their future espionage agents to, Bin found himself summoned to an interview within a well-appointed office high atop a sought-after commercial building in the center of Seoul. Business must be good if they could afford to conduct their services in such a fashionable district.

A woman, standard issue attractive by looks and demeanor, took note of Bin's preferences after a short talk and then came back with three portfolios of what she surmised to be his "type." It took him ages to make his choice between the agency's top three earners. But when he finally did, he settled on Cha Eunwoo - decidedly gorgeous with a sharp mind to boot. At least, that was what he read on some of the client feedback included in the portfolio. He was exactly what he needed, someone who could intimidate his near perfect ex.

Well, he would be perfect...IF he hadn't been a total when he dumped him.

Bin didn't even think twice about signing an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement as well as forking up half of the asking fee upfront. It was an exorbitant amount of money for one week's worth of companionship, but he thought of it as an investment. Anything that would make his ex regret he ever leaving him was going to be worth it's weight in gold. Bin was sent home with an assurance that his was going to call him a few days to ask for further details about his assignment.

A week later, here they were.

"Here are your tickets and your boarding pass." Bin reached into the pocket of his coat to produce the documents, handing them over to Eunwoo. He couldn't help but notice how perfectly long and tapered his fingers were as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter