037

Never Ever

 

Rina took out her phone and leaned against the Land Rover’s hood. She took a deep breath as she stared the view overlooking Maldives.

“Hey, it’s me.” She spoke as soon as the person answered.

“Oh, noona. What is it?”

“I…I have a favor to ask. Can..you go home? Just for a bit.”

“Sure, sure. I’ll be in Seoul in a few days.”

Rina smiled before putting his phone down, then she heard a car pull over behind her.

Everyone’s still under the impression we’re separating.” Mark smiled as he sauntered over to her, she grinned back at him.

The house is so quiet; I’ve never seen Jackson sit still for a long time.”

Rina chuckled, and then Mark’s brows rose.

“What’s wrong, R?”

“I just restored LLG.”

“I know, I heard.” Mark smiled and opened one arm to her, Rina smiled before inching closer to him.

I….don’t trust them anymore, Mark. They..destroyed that part of me.” She whispered, Mark’s brows met briefly.

“So, what do you plan to do?”

I can’t work there. I can’t be in LLG. Maybe later, but not now..I don’t think I can be there now.

Mark nodded, Rina stared the ring on her finger briefly before nudging him.

“It’s next month, huh?”

Mark blinked and met her gaze evenly.

Pa called me up a few days ago,”

Mark grew surprised.

“First, he told me that you agreed to take his position with nai nai in Taiwan.”

“R, that time I thought we were…I thought there was no hope. I was thinking that you’d really leave me.”

Rina shook her head.

“Then he asked me if I wanted to come with you. He said he didn’t want me to feel like I was forced to go.”

“R, you don’t have to go. Seoul’s your home, I can just fly during the weekends~”

Ani, I want to go. I did say that if you want me there, I’ll be there.”

“No, I need you there.” Mark smiled.

“A change of scenery will do me well.” She nodded.

“You do know that transferring to Taiwan…our lives a different there, R.”

“I know. But I have you there.” She said cheekily, Mark laughed.

“Okay, I get it. I won’t feel guilty about dragging you to Taiwan then.”

“Yup.” Rina just tiptoed and kissed his cheek.

“Maybe it’s time to go home? Haena might pull her hair out because of us.” Mark said, Rina chuckled.

No, Haena might end up pulling Jackson’s hair out.”

 

 

“You.” Arissa glared at the young Wang.

Look, I tried, okay?” Jackson said defiantly.

“All we did was just isolate them. Look now, they’re fighting.” Jaebum sighed as he ripped open a bag of Ruffles.

“But, they are so good together.” Haena pouted as she leaned back on the couch, then they heard loud rumblings outside.

Jinyoung stood up and walked towards the windows and took a peek.

“Are they back?” Haena looked up, Jinyoung nodded and dashed back towards the couch; they heard the front doors open.

I did not.” They heard Rina chuckle as they got in the foyer.

You said you needed to buy some things. And that you’d be back in ten minutes.” Mark replied.

Arissa blinked in confusion.

What do you expect, Mark? It’s Ulta!” Rina mused, and then they saw their friends.

You’re not divorcing over the pink icing right, because we already ate the cake.” Jackson asked blatantly, Mark chuckled before taking the seat beside Jaebum.

“Aigoo, my Wang puppy. You are so precious and you don’t know that, do you?” Rina cooed as she plopped down beside Jackson. The latter eyed her warily.

I’m glad you were really stressed over Mark and I fighting over that cake.” Rina laughed as she wrapped her arms around him.

Haena and Arissa looked at each other.

But do you really think that Mark and I would just end up divorcing because of the icing color? Really? I mean, we’re talking about Mark Tuan. His only flaw is his patience with me.

Mark grinned at his friends.

Oh my god, did you just trick us?” Jackson looked at her, Rina let go of him.

“You guys were so obvious, I mean, come on. You all took off, claiming that you’d be buying snacks. You didn’t even invite us to go. And Jackson said we should guard the house, this house has guards. And when you arrived earlier, you only had two bags with you.” Rina pointed out as she stood up.

“So, does that mean you two are okay now?”Haena asked cautiously.

“We’ve been okay since the plane ride.” Mark mused as Rina sat down beside him.

Jackson exhaled.

“But, trick’s on you, Jackson.” Mark chuckled, the younger male just huffed. Jinyoung grinned and playfully nudged Rina’s foot.

“So, we won’t be losing our Mrs. Tuan?”

“Nope.” Mark answered, Rina just smiled before picking up a bag of chips.

“Never.” Mark stated as he touched her hair briefly, Arissa let out a big sigh of relief.

“Now, we can have fun!”

 

 

“This trip might actually be good for you, unnie. Even though you hate the beach.” Haena said as she joined her older cousin by the pool. Rina smiled and clinked glasses with her.

“It was one bumpy ride, huh? Sorry for dragging you into this.” She smiled.

“It’s nothing, you were always there for me.”

“You are…kind of like my anchor. You always remind me to keep grounded, control my temper and in this world of goody two-shoes, you always remind me to always be myself.”

“Be yourself as in…the usual rude and blunt Lee Rina?” Haena chuckled.

“That’s why we get along, Ji Haena. We’re too similar.” Rina nodded, Haena just bumped fists with her.

“I’m happy for you, unnie. Finally, you and Mark oppa can be really together.”

“Right.” Rina smiled as she looked back at the house, Mark was laughing as Jaebum spilled champagne all over the floor. Jackson was the one who shook the bottle before handing it to him, and unknowingly, the great Im Jaebum just opened it without checking. Jackson was guffawing while trying to hide behind Arissa, Jinyoung just shook his head as he arranged the food.

“You’re right, unnie.” Haena spoke.

“What?”

“You mentioned this before, that you were afraid of being too close to Mark Tuan.”

Rina paused.

“It was your sophomore year. We were talking about the guys and you told me that Mark Tuan sometimes bothers you.”

“Oh that.” Rina grinned and shook her head.

“You said he was just…too perfect. He knew you so well and he could keep up with you.”

“I didn’t know I had the capacity to be corny.” Rina nodded to herself, Haena chuckled.

“And then after hanging out with you guys, I did realize that you were right. In a way, I did hope that you two would end up together.”

“You must have thrown a huge party when we got married.” Rina mussed her hair, Haena chuckled.

“You guys ready to eat?” Mark was making his way to them.

“Yes! I’m hungry!” Haena stood up and jogged back to the house, Mark grinned and sat down beside his wife.

“You’re quiet.” Mark spoke, Rina faced him and she grinned.

“Since…when..”

“Since when did I first like you?” Mark finished, she blinked and nodded.

“The moment when you cursed my textbooks for being in Korean.” Mark chuckled, Rina balked.

“I-I did not curse!”

Yeah, right.” Mark chuckled before pulling her up.

“I was just confused, you know. I was expecting English~”

“I tell you I liked you the moment I first saw you and yet you want to focus on this? Nice.” Mark teased as they walked back to the house.

“Well, that’s really sweet, Mark. But I really didn’t cur~”

“Let’s have dinner now, Mrs. Tuan.” 

Mark just kissed her cheek. at her before going to their friends, Rina just smiled and followed him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++