033

Never Ever

 

 

 

“I don’t think that’s right.” Rina looked up from the document.

“Yes, our team already mentioned it, so the negotiations have been paused.”

“What time am I expected to be at LLG?” Rina asked as she looked at her computer.

“In about thirty minutes, I will have them prepare the car.”

“Okay, thanks.” She nodded and dismissed her secretary. She stood up from her seat and walked to the windows.

Then she heard her phone ring.

“Haena,” She said as she picked up.

“I just wanted to check on you, unnie. How are you?”

“Are you referring to the teen drama that happened last night?”

“Are you going try to take this lightly because something big happened?” Haena replied, Rina sighed and shut .

“What do you want me to do, Haena? He was sitting there on top of broken glass, lip bleeding and his hand was even~”

“So, stop caring!” Haena groaned.

“I’m sorry…I’m human?” Rina blinked.

“I know, I know. But you have to think of Mark oppa too, all this time you don’t know how much he gave way. He’s been thinking that it’s always been Taeyong for you. And now he finally tells you how he feels you just slap him in the face with your feelings for Taeyong again.”

“I don’t have feelings for Taeyong.” Rina argued.

“And that’s not what you’re showing, samonim.” Haena sighed.

“I just…” Rina trailed off.

“You ed up this time, try talking to him, okay?”

Rina’s brows met briefly.

“How about lunch? I’ll ask Jackson to bother Mark to come.” Haena stated.

“Haena, no~”

“See you later, Mrs. Tuan.” Haena chuckled before ending the call.

“I’m older, but I’m the one being ordered around.” Rina muttered as she picked up her purse and left her office.

 

 

So, are you planning to stay long?” Mark asked as they stepped out of the elevator.

Maybe a few weeks, I have some work to finish here, and I might as well rest for a bit.

Mark nodded.

I saw Rina last night, on an ice cream run.” Arissa mused, Mark gave her a small smile.

How are things? I mean, I did hear about her family.

Our circle tends to..talk a lot, and most of them are curious about the Lee Rina who helped you secure your spot.” Arissa mused.

LLG’s stable now, although I don’t know what Rina really plans to do with it. With her uncle being tried for embezzlement and~

I was hoping for you to tell me if you and Rina aren’t pretending anymore.” Arissa rolled her eyes, Mark blinked.

Arissa, I~” Mark paused when he saw Rina step out of the elevator; her two guards were behind her as she walked towards them.

Rina!” Arissa beamed, Mark watched as his childhood pal wave her over, he tensed.

Jie, hi.” Rina smiled as she reached her.

Heading somewhere?” Arissa asked.

Uhm, yeah…work.

Then I can’t bother you today, how about this weekend? You and I need to go on a shopping trip.” Arissa smiled.

S-Sure, I’ll be there. I have to go now, jie.” Rina squeezed the girl’s hand.

Okay, I’ll see you later.

Rina nodded, then her eyes went to Mark briefly, she exhaled before moving forward. He raised his hand, one of her guards paused and discreetly walked to him.

Arissa smiled.

“Where is she headed to?”

“LLG, they’re having a family meeting, sir.”

Mark’s brows furrowed.

“If it’s a closed door meeting, try to slip in. Don’t leave her alone with them, okay?”

“Yes, vice president.”

Arissa watched as the guard stepped away and guided Rina to the waiting black Rolls Royce.

This is why, this is why Mark Tuan is a weapon of mass destruction.” Arissa mused, Mark looked at her.

You’re too sweet, too perfect, what girl~

Cut it out, Arissa. Jackson invited us to lunch.

 

 

Rina stepped in the room and found her relatives inside, Bona didn’t meet her gaze as she sat down beside her father. She saw her grandfather, in his wheelchair seated with them. She gave him a small smile.

“Now, everyone’s here.” Her eldest aunt, Ahee spoke. Rina leaned back on her seat.

“We would like to apologize,” She started, Rina grew amused.

“To you Jinhyuk and Kyunghee,” Ahee faced Rina’s parents.

“We know how we misunderstood your family and made you feel left out, we hurt you and your daughter.”

Rina drummed her fingers on the desk.

“We are sorry, and I hope in the future things will get better between us siblings and in-laws.”

“Apologizing to us maybe right, but decisions will be made by our daughter. We have no control over what you think we have.” Kyunghee, Rina’s mother replied.

Rina tilted her head briefly, the elders all looked at her, worried.

“Rina, we would like to extend our invitation~”

Nope. I don’t want join LLG.”

The room turned quiet.

“Your brother will still be tried at court, the company is not backing down on pressing charges. Right now, I am the current president of LLG, so I will assign your positions back, as I see fit. All your shares will be returned, but no one has a say on the company’s future’s movements.”

They all looked down.

“LLG will have a proper and fair board of directors for making decisions, and I’m giving you an advance notice now.” Rina stated.

“I am resigning as president of LLG, as for my successor, you will be all updated soon.” Rina stood up.

“Halbae, I would like to be excused,” Rina looked at her grandfather, the man just nodded and gave her a smile.

Ma, pa, I have to go. I have lunch with my friends.” She said politely before leaving the room with her two bodyguards.

“Well, you reap what you sow.” The Lee patriarch stated before letting his nurse push his wheelchair out of the room.

 

 

“I think they already patched things up.” Jackson started just as Jaebum joined them.

“How sure are you?” Jinyoung asked.

“I called Mark, he said he’d be bringing a plus one.” Jackson nodded proudly.

“Hmmm.” Haena looked around, then she saw Rina stepping the place, she gave them a wave before answering her phone.

“Well, she’s busy.” Jaebum nodded, then the doors opened again.

Jackson stilled, Mark was chatting with a familiar lady as they entered the building, Rina glanced at them briefly before turning away.

Arissa….?” Haena muttered, Jinyoung nudged her.

She’s here?” Jackson smiled, Jaebum followed their gaze and he winced.

Arissa jie jie.” Haena smiled just as they reached the table.

Haena, our future lawyer, hi.” She greeted back, Jaebum eyed Mark briefly.

“This is so not right.” Jaebum muttered under his breath, Jinyoung looked at him questioningly.

“What are we having?” Mark asked as he sat down, moments later, Rina arrived.

“I actually~”

“Before you come up with an alibi, don’t. Just sit down.” Jaebum stated, Rina blinked.

Jinyoung grinned at the male.

“I was just about to mention that they serve good pasta here, but okay, go ahead, cranky Im.” Rina muttered.

So, how are things?” Arissa asked as Rina picked up the menu.

Things are great, jie. I mean,~

Wait, you two didn’t even say hi to each other.” Arissa blinked, she looked at Mark then at Rina.

There’s nothing more to say,” Rina looked up, Haena paused.

We live under one roof, so we see each other everyday.” Rina nodded, she quickly picked up the menu and browsed through it.

Jaebum just shook his head.

“Oppa, what’s with you? I thought you got along with Arissa jie.” Haena whispered.

“Remember when you guys mentioned this mystery girl? Bona tried to use that against the two.”

“Didn’t Jinyoung say that mystery girl is Rina?” Haena hid behind the menu, she saw how Mark was staring at his phone uncomfortably while Rina chatted with Jinyoung and Jackson. Mark kept on glancing at the empty seat on his left.

“Yeah, but, Rina also knows about mystery girl.”

“What?” Haena balked.

“In her head mystery girl is Arissa.”

Well, .” Haena sighed and sat up.

Then Jackson spoke.

 

How about an escape for the weekend? Who’s up for a little trip?

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++