027

Never Ever

 

 

Rina strolled in the dining room with an amused look on her face.

“So, you’re leaving after breakfast? Did you drop by just to spy on us?” Mark questioned over his coffee, his grandmother snorted at him.

“”Morning, jie.” Joey greeted as he saw her step in.

Hey, Joe.

“Will you stop trying to kick them out?” Rina mused as she walked to Mark.

“Yeah. He is trying to kick us out.” Mr. Tuan nodded.

“I’m just saying, we have three houses in Seoul and yet you choose our place, smells fishy.”

Rina grinned before facing him, Mark’s brows rose in question.

“I have to drive out early; I’m needed at the office.” She said quietly, Mark nodded.

“And I’ll be driving alone, okay?”

“But, R~”

“Please? I’ll just be at Haena’s after work anyway.” Rina pouted, Mark snorted.

“Fine, I’ll see you at lunch.”

She beamed; Mark just kissed the side of her head before joining his family at the dining table.

 

 

“Every time I look at you two, I feel happy.” Mrs. Tuan said as she joined her son in the living room.

Mark looked up.

“Ma, we don’t plan to have kids yet.” Mark replied, the elder laughed and shook her head.

“I didn’t mean that, young master.” She made a face at him before sitting down.

“I just meant that looking at you two, I realize how lucky you are,”

“Lucky?” Mark grew amused.

“Yes, meeting Rina, even though we set you up with her cousin, but I always did hope you’d end up with Rina, you know. Right from the beginning.”

“Ma~”

“You brought her home the first time, remember? We were in Seoul for a while, and you had this project to finish. I remember her walking in the living room and greeting everybody without even being introduced.”

“She’s like that.” Mark nodded with a smile.

And then I saw you, looking at her, and right at that moment, I knew. I knew it was going to be her.” She smiled and took her son’s hand.

“I’m the one who’s looking at her, ma. Of course.” Mark nodded.

It’s different too, for her, I mean, your father and I saw that.”

Mark paused.

“It’s kinda cute actually, when you were being paired with Bona, it seemed like she was avoiding you.”

Mark’s brows rose.

Well, it was your father’s birthday then, I called her to invite her over, since it was just a small gathering. And at the mentioned of Bona being there too, she decline claiming that she has an exam.”

Mark nodded.

“But the next day, I asked you where she was, you told me Rina had to go visit her parents.” She chuckled.

“She lied?” Mark blinked.

I’m guessing, yes. So, don’t you ever let go of that girl. She’s perfect for you.

 

 

Bona lifted the box of her desk with tears rolling down her cheeks; she avoided the stares of the other interns as she walked to the elevator.

She got in the machine and pressed for the lobby.

“You’ve done it, Lee Rina. I’m going to get you.” She stated to herself, then the doors pinged open.

“Going down?”

Rina was looking at her, a smirk formed on her face when she saw the box in Bona’s hand. Bona stepped forward, Rina pulled back and crossed her arms.

“You did this. Your petty did this.” She spat.

“Yeah, I can be petty.” Rina mused, she gave a signal to her guards and they stepped back.

“You already took everything away from us, what else do you want?” Bona dropped the box on the floor, her things spilled out noisily on the tiled floor.

Rina grew aware of their audience.

“Like how you all took my ability to trust people?” Rina replied.

“Because of what happened, Bona, do you even know how hard it has become for me to even let people do tasks for me? You can ask my guards about that, even my secretary.”

“Unnie,”

“You give people a taste of their own medicine and they claim that you’re feeding them poison. Funny.” Rina shook her head, and then she took out something for her purse.

“This. Show this to your oh-so great mother and her sisters. I’m sure they’ll love it.” Rina handed the A4 envelop to her before getting inside the elevator.

“You’re never going to stop huh?” Bona faced her.

“Give up your company ID before leaving. TG has a strict rule on no animals inside the premises. Nobody wants to see a rat in the office.” Rina smiled before closing the doors.

 

 

“Clear my weekend for me,” Mark said as he stepped out of his office, his secretary nodded.

“Yes, sir.”

Mark glanced at the windows briefly.

“Any plans for the weekend, vice president?”

“Yeah, call the docks for me. Tell them I’ll be using the yacht. Check for maintenance too and tell them to stock up.” Mark faced him briefly before walking to the elevator.

“You didn’t tell me, you know.”

“What?”

“That he wanted you back.”

“I didn’t think it was important

Mark got inside the elevator and leaned back.

“Then, what is important?” His phone pinged, he opened the message.

Am at Haena’s. Lunch? - Irina

 

 

“Im Jaebum says you have to be there or else,” Haena stated as she dropped the black envelop on Rina’s lap. The older girl looked up from her laptop.

“How is it, unnie? You’ve become LLG’s queen.”

“As in my father won’t talk to me?”

Haena paused and took the seat across her cousin.

“It’s easy, leading LLG, taking the seat on top, but I don’t think I like it. I mean, I never wanted it for me.”

“You never wanted the seat, unnie. I know that. If you got your way, you would still be at that marine life center, helping baby seals.”

Rina smiled and closed her laptop.

“I finally have everything, Haena. But I still…feel like I have nothing to hold on to.”

“Unnie,”

“I feel like…I’m drowning.” Rina set her laptop aside.

“Is this about Taeyong, unnie? Because he’s back?”

“No. This is….Maybe I’ve been too angry for too long. And now that I finally got my revenge, I don’t know what to do.”

“Are you done, unnie? With everything?” Haena asked carefully.

“I’m almost done, but I’m afraid,” She looked at the glass windows, she saw a familiar black Maserati pull over. Mark slid down from the car and made his way towards the building.

 

 

“I’m afraid of the ending.” She trailed off.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++