022

Never Ever

 

Senior Year 20XX

 

 

Rina was grumbling as she slid down from the taxi and rushed to the school’s cafeteria in her pajamas.

“Mark Tuan.” She barked as she entered the almost empty hall and made her way to him, Mark smiled and set his laptop away as she arrived.

It’s six in the evening, why do you want to meet here of all places?

It’s just six in the evening, and you’re already in pajamas? How old are you, seventy?” Mark mused, Rina sent him a look.

“What is it?”

“We need to meet in a neutral ground.”

“The cafeteria?” She blinked.

“You said we needed to make a contract.”

“But we’re already engaged.” She deadpanned.

Mark chuckled before leaning forward.

“Get the ink, get the pen.”

“Really? Right now? Right away?” Rina made a face and looked around them.

“I have nothing to lose but a lot to gain, why delay it?”

“You’re so…chill about this, it frightens me.” She mumbled before grabbing his notebook and tearing a page.

“I’m okay even if we don’t make a contract. You were the one who said we needed it.”

“Ani, let’s make one.” She nodded as she started to write on the piece of crumpled paper.

“Let’s make a contract in our hearts, let’s sign it.”

Rina looked up and shuddered.

“You are disgusting.”

 

 

Haena sighed as she slid down from her car; she made her way across the road and entered the high-profile club with a grumpy face.

Just minutes ago, she had received a call from the bartender.

Jackson was so drunk and he fell asleep on top of the counter. And since Jinyoung and Jaebum were both out of town for a school trip, she was the one who had to come and pick him up.

She got inside the club and found Jackson, lying flat on one of the booths, in deep drunken sleep.

“I can’t do this.” She muttered as she reached her friend and tried to wake him up. She plopped down beside him and took out her phone, she groaned when Rina wasn’t picking up.

“I can’t carry him to the car.” She said before dialing Mark’s phone number.

 

 

“Is he dead?” Mark blinked as he poked Jackson’s cheek. Haena shrugged and just helped the older male sit up, Jackson was mumbling inchorently.

“Hey, I need to use the restroom for a bit. Hold him up.” Mark stated, Haena nodded and just tried slapping Jackson’s cheeks.

Wang Jackson, wake up.

Jackson blinked slowly and eyed her groggily.

“Haena banana!” He cheered, Haena sighed and just leaned back on the seat, Jackson smiled and just plopped down again.

“Ya!” Rina came jogging to them.

“Wow, and you show up now? After all the torture I’ve been through.” Haena said dryly, Rina looked at Jackson and shook her head.

“The bartender saw me and handed me his bill.” Rina said.

“Don’t look at me, unnie. I don’t have cash with me, I left my wallet in the car.” Haena stated.

“I’m in pajamas, do you think I have money with me?” Rina groaned.

“Do you think there’s an ATM here somewhere?” The older girl asked, Haena was looking at something above her shoulder.

“Your ATM is here.” Haena said as she jutted her lips.

Rina turned and saw Mark surrounded by three girls, who were trying to chat with him.

“Mark’s here?” She said.

“That’s your ATM.” Haena mused.

“How is Mark the ATM?” Rina shook her head.

“Unnie, your fiancé is being surrounded by women; shouldn’t you at least be a little jealous?” Haena asked while trying to make Jackson sit up.

“But….I’m not. I’m more worried about this.” She said as she placed the bill on the table.

“Which is why we need Mark Tuan to be here. Go claim him back.” Haena gestured towards Mark.

Rina sighed and just made her way to Mark and the group of girls.

“Mark,” She spoke, he looked up and that Mark Tuan smile appeared.

R.” He spoke as he excused himself and draped his coat around her.

You’re still in your jammies!” He cooed, Rina elbowed his ribs.

“We’re out of cash, and Jackson’s bill….” She trailed off, Mark nodded and picked up the bill from table.

“Told you we didn’t need an ATM, Mark oppa is our ATM.” Haena mused.

“Haena, I’m human. I have feelings too.” Mark replied, Rina grimaced.

“I am speechless.” Haena covered in shock.

“Tuan, don’t. Don’t do that again. Please.” She begged, Mark took out his wallet, rolled his eyes at her and made his way to the bar

"T--told...you..he was…h—husband material.” Jackson mumbled, Rina just hit his arm.

 

 

Rina watched as the black BMW sped away from them, she wrapped her arms around herself.

Need a ride home?” Mark asked as she pulled his coat tighter around her shoulders.

“Will you take me?” She asked as they walked towards his waiting car.

No, I just wanted to know if you need one.” Mark replied flatly, she chuckled before wrapping her arm around his.

“It’s cold, Tuan.” She complained, he chuckled and just walked with her.

How are things? Better?” He asked her quietly, Rina paused.

I don’t know, I haven’t been going home lately.

Mark’s brows met briefly.

“But this distance is good, it helps me think…refocus.” She shrugged.

You should go home…your parents must be worried.

“Now isn’t the time to play good son-in-law.” She pointed out, Mark chuckled and just pulled her to his chest.

“I’m playing reasonable Mark Tuan who has to talk some sense into you.”

“But Mark~”

“Try visiting home, Irina, they must be worried about you. And besides, we need to pay our respects to the elders. I’ll be there, so don’t worry.” Mark nodded and kissed the top of her head.

Can we get ice cream on the way back to the condo?” She asked as she looked up, Mark let go of her.

Whatever you want, princess.” He mused before opening the car’s door for her.

“Is that sarcasm I hear?” She looked at him suspiciously, but she was smiling.

Of course not, wifey.” Mark cooed and poked her cheek.

 

Whatever, pumpkin.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++