021

Never Ever

 

Rina leaned back on the seat, she saw Mark step out from the hospital’s doors. She exhaled and strapped her seatbelt on.

“I let the guards go, do you want to eat?” He asked as he got in the car, she shook her head.

“Let’s just go home, Tuan.” She said quietly, Mark glanced at her; he placed one hand on her knee and gave it a squeeze.

“I’m here.” He said simply before starting the car and speeding away. Rina wrapped her arms around her and looked at the window.

“Mark,” She spoke.

“Do it.”

Mark looked at her, his brows rose.

“I want Bona out of Tuan Group.” She said.

“And, from now on, I’ll take care of LLG myself.” She faced him.

“But, R~”

“It’s fine. I can handle it.” She offered him a small smile before facing the windows again.

“There’s something I need to tell you, R.” Mark cleared his throat, she faced him.

“Your aunts and uncle, they’ve been sending...people to follow you.” Mark stated, he looked around before slowing down. And then the car came to a full stop.

“Follow me?” She echoed, Mark nodded before sliding down the vehicle. Rina unstrapped her seatbelt and followed him.

 

 

Mark leaned against the metal railings and looked at the calm waters of Han River.

I don’t understand, why would they want to follow me?” She asked as she reached him. Mark looked at her briefly, her eyes were swollen and her cheeks were flushed. He smiled before turning his back to her again.

“To get~” He was about to take something from his coat pocket.

Do you even know what happened today? I mean, before all this...family drama.” She sighed before standing beside him and leaning her head against his shoulder.

“There was a reason I barged in your office. I couldn’t say anything because Haena might skin me alive.” She recounted before inching closer to him, Mark smiled and just wrapped one arm around her.

“This is more urgent than your relatives stalking you?” He asked.

“Yes! So, I went to lunch,” She started again.

“With Taeyong...he....he thinks we’re just acting, I mean....I think he saw through it all.” She said worriedly.

“Acting? Us?” Mark grinned, but his grip on the railings tightened.

“It’s not funny. I....Then,” She trailed off.

“Then, what?” Mark asked.

“He...He...kissed me.” She stated, Mark paused and dropped his arm from her shoulder.

“I know, I know, I did check if someone saw us, I swear, nobody was there. I mean nobody was looking. It was just a small café, and people were busy munching down their food, so I rushed out and~”

Mark’s smile started to appear; Rina stopped and looked at him.

“Mark! Please take me seriously!” She whined, Mark started to laugh.

“Ya!” She warned, he just pinched her cheeks.

“Mark Yi En Tuan!”

“I was about to~” He took out an envelope from coat pocket.

“The person your relatives took these photos from earlier, luckily your two guards which you seem to neglect sometimes caught the person.”

Rina pulled out the envelope’s contents and balked, Mark smiled as he looked at her. When he first saw the photos, he didn’t know what to do. He felt mad, but he knew he had no right to be. But here she was, frantically telling him all about it.

“This is too much. Too much in one day.” She whined before pressing her face against his chest. She started mumbling incoherently; Mark smiled and just wrapped his arms around her.

“I really really wanted to tell you right away, but you went all dark side on me earlier, which also had me worried.” She said as she looked up to face him, Mark just let her talk.

“Then now, halbae is in the hospital..then my aunts, Bona, that uncle of mine, can this day end now?” She continued.

“We can end it with food and maybe wine?” Mark offered, she scrunched her nose at him.

“Remember when Taeyong left? I mean, before.” She asked as Mark let go of her.

“You said you guys broke up because both of you got really busy.” Mark nodded as they walked back to the car.

“Ani, it wasn’t that.” Rina looked at him.

“Then, what?” Mark asked as they reached his Lamborghini.

“I don’t know. I just know that our schedules weren’t the problem.” She nodded, Mark nodded and just got on his seat.

Rina paused, her fingers curled against the door handle.

You. You were the reason, maybe you still are.

 

 

Jackson guffawed, Rina grinned and picked up another chicken drumstick. She was seated beside Mark, who checking his emails on his phone.

“We just need to get you two to talk and fix things, because it’s hard having to actually understand this.” Jaebum stated, Haena looked at him dryly.

Jinyoung had his arms crossed.

“Who’s Mario Badescu again?” Mark whispered, Rina grinned before replying.

“It’s a skincare brand, Jinyoung just misunderstood.” She said, her nose scrunched up when she noticed she picked up a herb flavored chicken.

Mark grinned and took it from her.

“Park Jinyoung, my child, Mario Badescu is a skin care brand. Your Ji Haena is not cheating on you.” Jackson explained shamelessly.

Jinyoung blinked and looked up. Haena rolled her eyes at him.

“I can’t watch this.” Rina mused before running her fingers on her hair; she placed her legs on Mark’s lap as she listened.

“Hey, doing this is good. Unhealthy dinner with the Tuans.” Jackson mused, Haena looked at her cousin.

“Unnie, your halbae?”

“He got out of surgery this morning, but still no visitors allowed.” She replied, Mark just squeezed her knee.

“I’ll go check on my cars. Call me when food’s done.” She said before standing up and leaving her friends.

“Oppa, why didn’t you just have your guards skin Bona alive?” Haena demanded, Jackson grinned.

“Ya, when will you tell her?” Jaebum asked.

“What?” Mark looked up.

“If you wont make a move, someone might. And you wont be in your favor anymore, Mark Tuan.”

“He means Taeyong.” Jackson whispered loudly, Jinyoung grew amused.

“I like…how it is now. My only priority is to make sure she gets what she wants and she’s safe, I don’t want anything else.”

 

 

 

“Why do I feel uneasy?” Haena spoke, Jackson looked up from the bridge.

“About what? You two already made up.”

Jinyoung smiled, he was seated by the counter with a glass of chardonnay in his hand.

“Not that, about Taeyong being back, and those two…I was at Mark oppa’s office a few days ago, something must have happened because..” Haena set down the ham and faced the two males.

“I think they fought over something, when unnie arrived in his office, I felt tension. He was angry.”

“Ya, it’s normal for married couples to argue.” Jinyoung argued.

“Don’t you think it’s because of Taeyong? He appears then something like this happens. Since when did Lee Rina and Mark Tuan have arguments?” Haena countered, Jackson made a face.

“Should we just get rid of him?” Jackson suggested.

“Don’t.” Jaebum stepped in the kitchen, the three blinked.

 

“Who knows? That kid might actually help.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++