019

Never Ever

 

Rina shook her head and tossed phone back in her purse.

“Can you bring this to my office? I’ll be heading to Mark’s.” She asked as she faced her guards, they nodded. She handed his bag to the male before going to the elevator.

She leaned back on the metal wall and crossed her arms.

“Why isn’t he picking up?” She murmured, the doors opened and she stepped out.

“Good afternoon, director.”

She smiled and greeted back the employees who said hi to her on her way, she reached Mark’s office and paused when she heard a familiar voice.

“Haena?” She blinked as she pushed the doors open.

 

 

 

“Wow, you and your big mouth.” Jackson deadpanned, Joey flinched.

I just..It just slipped, ge. You know my brother, he can be a little demanding…and scary.” The younger Tuan muttered as they got in the car,

“But, Rina mentioned divorce?” Jackson asked.

“That shocked me too, I thought they already have things figured out.” Joey sighed as he put on his seatbelt.

If your brother doesn’t open his mouth, things will never be figured out.” Jackson stated.

“But, what if they fight because of this?”

“Hey, we’re talking about Mark and Rina, things will never go that bad. They’ll eventually make up.”

 

 

 

Haena looked up as the doors opened.

“You’re here.” Rina smiled as she saw her cousin, she walked over to Mark and placed a brown paper bag on his desk.

“Strawberry cheesecake.” She said to him before going to Haena. The younger girl noticed how Mark’s brows met briefly.

Haena paused, something was wrong. Usually, Mark would reply to anything that Rina says, but now he didn’t speak or move.

“I came looking for you, but secretary Go said you stepped out. So I came to bother the cousin-in-law instead.” Haena stated.

“Why? Did something bad happen?” Rina glanced at Mark, the latter just shrugged.

“Just some…Jinyoung things, unnie. I kind of have~”

Mark stood up and picked up his coat, Rina looked at him.

“I have to go.” He said simply as he walked towards the doors.

“Mark~”

He left the room wordlessly. Rina paused, her eyes wandered to the untouched bag she had brought.

“Go. Something must be bothering him.” Haena spoke as she stood up.

“I have to get to school anyway, nice to see you, unnie. Let’s hang out soon.” She smiled before standing up.

“Okay, good luck with exams.” Rina nodded as she walked to Mark’s table, she picked up the bag before leaving the room.

 

 

 

Mark had his arms in his pockets as he looked at the windy Seoul afternoon view. His brows were knitted together as he loosened his tie.

You both told me what you were about to do, she just didn’t like how you transferred most of your shares in Tuan Group to her, so, she told me to keep it a secret until…

Until when?

Your divorce.

His jaw tightened.

“Mark,”

He tensed, Rina made her way to him with a small curious smile.

“Is something wrong? Did something happen?” She asked, her hand on his arm. He looked at her, his brows furrowing.

“Mark~”

“I gave them to you not as collateral, how could you do this?” He spoke, Rina looked startled.

I saw Joey on my way to lunch, he accidentally slipped about how you returned everything, Rina…why?”

It’s just…I just think it’s better if I~

And you even talk about divorce, of all things, you mention that now?!

Rina looked away.

I know, that you don’t like being too much weight on me, but did I say you were? It’s only right you have Tuan Group shares, as my wife, you have a say in this company.” Mark faced her.

Rina looked around, the rooftop garden was empty. Or maybe the employees left when Mark arrived.

Mark, you already bought LLG for me, I can’t take more.” She explained, Mark shook her hand of him.

But those were yours. I gave them to you!” Mark snapped. Rina exhaled.

Mark, I’m sorry~

You always say you’re sorry, but you never seem to see the point in everything.” Mark shook his head.

It’s not like that, I just don’t think it’s right.” Rina spoke.

 

 

 

Why do you have to be like this?” Mark sighed before walking away from her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++