017

Never Ever

 

Rina set the phone down and exhaled. She was needed to be at one of the branches in Jeju by the weekend. And her schedule was starting to get too packed for her liking.

She stood up and stretched her arms.

“Director,”

She spun around, only to find her younger cousin standing beside her secretary. She paused and smiled.

“Minyuk-ah.” She said as she walked to him, her secretary nodded politely before leaving the room.

“What brings you here?”

“Don’t worry; I didn’t take them with me.” He grinned before taking a seat on one of the white couches.

Rina paused, confused.

“I came to say goodbye, noona.”

“Huh?” Rina sat down across him.

“I’m leaving the country.”

Rina halted, somehow snippets of their past conversations start to return to her, her brows met briefly.

“Minhyuk-ah, do~”

“I’m going to be a pilot, noona. I don’t care what my parents say about it.” He stated, she smiled and took his hand.

“I always had a feeling this day would come. Then, go, Minhyuk-ah. This is your dream.”

“And, I just want you to know, that whatever you’re doing, whatever you plan to do, it doesn’t offend me at all. So, don’t think about me.”

Minhyuk grinned.

“Do you worst, just don’t get hurt in the process, noona. You’ve always been better and well-suited than the rest of us.”

Rina swallowed.

“I know you well, Lee Rina. And I hope you succeed, noona.” He stood up, Rina followed him.

“But I really would love to see a niece or nephew someday, you know. I mean~”

“Okay, get out.” She made a face, Minhyuk chuckled before hugging his older cousin.

“Good luck, Minhyuk-ah.” She whispered, he just nodded before leaving the office.

 

 

“Oh my god, he’s going to kill me.” Rina muttered as she rushed out of her office. She tossed the flash drive to her secretary as she jogged after her.

“I tried calling you, director. But I couldn’t~”

“I left my phone in the car. I know.” Rina said as they reached the elevator.

“How are things going? Did you get to text Mark’s secretary?” She asked worriedly as the doors slid open.

“Not so good, ma’am. They’re back at it again.”

Rina sighed and closed her eyes briefly.

“What are we going to do, director?”

“Like I told you, plug that in as soon as I give you the signal.”

“Yes.”

 

 

Mark looked at the empty seat a few chairs away from him, he drummed his fingers anxiously. He looked to his left; he had six directors already on his side, most of them he knew during his younger years, some were good friends with Rina.

“How can we trust you with a project as large as this?” Director Ji of Tuan Hotels spoke, Mark looked at him.

“He is right, you just took position not long ago, taking over like this is a little~”

The doors slid open; Rina stepped in with a small polite smile.

She looked at Mark and mouthed an apology before taking her seat. Mark felt relief wash over him as she sat down.

“I don’t think that’s fair,” Rina spoke, the room grew quiet, she was so similar to her grandfather, her presence commanded attention. Whereas, most people were intimidated of Mark because of his silence and position, Rina radiated energy and power.

“You’re all so open on criticizing the vice president, but you never look at his performance.”

Mark looked at Rina, she glanced at her secretary, two tables appeared on the LCD screen.

“This is was the table for the first six months last year, under director Ji’s hold of Tuan Hotels.” She stood up and walked to the side of the screen.

“There was a decline in sales and performance. Bookings were slow, even though tourism was booming.” She explained, then she pointed towards the second table.

“This is for the first three months ever since vice president Tuan took over.” Rina walked towards Mark and stood behind his chair.

“Sales have increased by twelve percent, performance went up by seven percent. And food critics awarded the restaurant again. Most of the hotels are fully booked on a daily basis, so,” She faced the board again.

“What more do you want from him?” She finished, her hand landed on his shoulder briefly.

“Director Ji you couldn’t even bring up sales during your time, I don’t understand your opposition on this.” She spoke again, the male tensed and glared at the young heir.

“I’m not taking his side just because I’m his wife, don’t misunderstand. I’m just stating facts.” Rina smiled.

“We will think about it, for now,” The older male spoke.

“We will be handing the project to the vice president. As well as the reigns over and access with the R&D department.” He quipped, most of the directors nodded in approval, Rina grinned at a familiar face, director Son, a good friend of her grandfather’s.

“Then, I believe this meeting is over. Thank you for being here.” Mark spoke, the rest of the directors started to stand and empty the room. Rina exhaled and puffed her cheeks; Mark looked up and grinned at her.

“That was some fire power, Irina.”

“I try.” She mused back before walking to him, Mark smiled before pulling her onto his lap.

She sighed again.

“What is it?”

“I have to head out for lunch, you? Do you have plans?” She asked him, his brows rose briefly.

Taeyong

“No, I have a few things to finish in the office, buy me a cheesecake on your way back.” Mark said playfully as he ran his fingers on her hair.

If I survive rush hour.” She smiled.

“Thank you, R. For earlier, I~”

“It’s the least I can do, and they’re not that hard to reign in, you just have to give them results, vice president.” She said with a small proud smile.

“Told you we should switch places.” Mark mused, Rina faced him, and she brushed his bangs from his face.

“Minhyuk came by earlier,” She spoke. Mark nodded.

“He’s leaving and he told me to…continue what I’m doing.” She said quietly.

“Leaving? To where?”

“He’s always wanted to be a pilot, but his father forced him to take up business.”

“That’s good then,”

“Ani, I..forgot about him, I mean, taking LLG, I didn’t even think what would happen to him. I don’t care if the elders get hurt, but Minhyuk, he always took my side, you know. I just..think…What kind of monster am I turning into, Mark?”

Mark shook his head and just wrapped his arms around her.

“You’re not a monster, R.” He stated, he saw her two guards enter the room. He gave them a small nod and they left.

“Like I said, you’re one of the best things that happened to me lately.”

She didn’t reply, she just buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“What would I do without you, pumpkin?” She mumbled, Mark just rubbed her back.

 

 

“Same here.” He said quietly.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++