016

Never Ever

 

“So this is how it is now.” Rina said lazily, it was a gloomy Sunday and she was starting to feel sloppy.

She was laying on top a giant swan floater in the middle of the pool, clad in an orange one-piece swimsuit.

“Lunch with Taeyong tomorrow. Lunch. Lunch. Lunch.” She muttered under her breath.

And that board meeting.Psssh.” She made a face.

Somehow, it bothered her that Mark was having a hard time. She didn’t see the point why the BOD wasn’t fully accepting of him.

It’s not like there are ten Tuan heirs, there’s only two and Joey was still studying.

“What are you up to?”

She sat up; Mark was standing by the patio doors.

“Questioning life.” She shuddered, Mark chuckled before walking to her and offered one hand.

“Let’s go out.” He stated.

“To where?” She blinked before taking his hand; Mark leaned down to pull her by the waist and steadied her.

“Just somewhere, get dressed.” Mark squeezed her waist before walking away.

 

 

 

Shopping? You wanted to go shopping?” Rina shook her head as they entered the famous Shinesegae Department Store; Mark shrugged and just took her hand.

“I never got to ask you, how did…things go with your father?” Mark asked as they walked, Rina tensed.

“He thinks I’m being too much, he saw through me too. About LLG…and everything.”

“Even us?” Mark paused, she shook her head.

“No, we’ve pretty much painted a very realistic picture about us.” She smiled and looked around.

“Things with..Bona…and your other relatives, how will you do it?” Mark asked softly as he pulled her into one of the botiques.

“I’m preparing for it, they’ll probably barge in my office tomorrow.” She shrugged, Mark nodded and just wrapped one arm around her.

“But, I think…Mark,” She said, Mark let go of her and walked towards one of the display shelves.

“Bona and you,” Rina whispered.

“I~”

R, try this on.” Mark faced her, he was holding onto a satin sleeveless dress by Lanvin. The two SAs were standing behind him, with smiles on their faces.

“Mark, I~”

“Come, try this.” Mark grinned before pushing her to the dressing room.

But I’m bloated now, I can’t wear bodycon.” She complained while preventing him from closing the door.

You’re not. I’ll be back in a few, so try it on, okay?” Mark winked before stepping away.

 

 

Rina tilted her head as she looked at the several shopping bags; her two bodyguards were already starting to bring them to the car.

“What did he do?” She muttered as she looked around, Mark had disappeared when she was trying on some clothes, and she was starting to get a little worried.

“Here to show off, niece?”

She glanced back, and found her eldest aunt, Ahee looking at her.

“Does it look like that?” She mused, the elder blinked, Rina was never the type to answer back.

“You don’t scare me anymore, any respect I had for you, it’s gone now.” She said simply.

“You act all high and mighty now that you’ve married a Tuan, are you sure your husband only has eyes for you?”

Rina wanted to laugh at the irony.

“You’ve reduced to this kind of tactic now? Wow.” She replied, her aunt flinched.

“I heard about Mark having another girl from before, I wonder if you know about her.” Ahee taunted.

“Bona must be feeding you information again, I applaud her.”

Her aunt paused, her eyes widened.

“You better be careful, Rina, just because~”

“Careful about what?” Mark suddenly appeared beside her, his hand landed on the small of her back. The elder paused and tensed.

“Mark, good to see you.” She quickly put on a smile.

Mark gave her a polite nod.

“Is everything alright?” He met Rina’s gaze.

“Yeah, Mrs. Han was just leaving.”

“Okay, I have a few things to finish, I’ll wait in the car.” Mark touched her cheek briefly before leaving; her two guards were still standing a few meters away.

Rina faced her aunt, her eyes cold and blank.

“Rina, about LLG~”

“Who said I was willing to talk business with you?” She spoke, she raised one hand, her two guards stepped forward.

“Rina, I~”

“You can make an appointment, it’s not like you're priority or anything.” She said before turning away, her aunt looked at the males blocking her way, then she groaned and spun away while cursing her niece.

 

 

 

Rina pushed the doors open, she halted when she saw Mark’s sleeping figure on the bed.

“Mark?” She called as she walked towards him; she nudged him with her toe.

“Tuan? It’s a Monday. You have actual responsibilities today.” She murmured, Mark didn’t move. She sighed before plopping beside him.

“Tuan, you have the BOD meeting today. You’re going to be late.” She stated again, Mark shifted and just placed one arm around her.

“Can we just skip that and go back to bed?” He grumbled.

“Sadly, we can’t, pumpkin.” She mused before sitting up, Mark grumbled and sat up.

“I already made coffee and breakfast, so, get dressed and come down, okay?” She grinned at him.

Mark sighed before tugging her to him.

“T~” Rina paused, Mark’s arms tightened around her.

“Is this about the meeting later? Mark, there’s nothing to be worried about.” She said softly, Mark didn’t speak.

“I am worried.” His reply was short, Rina nodded. Mark rarely spoke about his problems, and usually he would just step away when something bothered him.

Rina kissed his cheek before pulling away.

“Don’t be. I’ll be there so, try to rely on me this time, okay?”

Mark just smiled and let go.

“Aunt Ahee even told me yesterday, whether my husband only has eyes for me, I almost laughed.” She mused.

“Does he, really?” Mark poked her cheek.

“Does it matter? You’re going to be late for work, distracting me won’t help.”

Want to switch places? You can be VP, I’ll be director~” He offered.

“Nope.” She snorted before sliding down the bed and exiting the room.

 Mark just smiled to himself before going to the bathroom.

 

 

“It does matter. You matter.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>