014

Never Ever

 

 

Rina let out a shaky breath as they reached the house; Mark slid down from the car and offered his hand to her.

“This is going to be…stressing.” She said as she took his hand as they walked towards the house.

She saw her mother waiting for them by the front door.

“I know, so now, act like you love me,” Mark said lightly.

“And not like I married you for money?” She mused back, Mark snorted. She chuckled as they reached the elder.

“Eomma,” She greeted her with a hug, Mark smiled and let the elder take his arm as they stepped in the house.

“How’s..appa?” Rina asked as they arrived in the living room.

“He doesn’t want to comment on anything, but he saw the documents.” Mrs. Lee spoke.

Mark looked away.

“What are you trying to say, ma?” Rina asked.

“Rina, is this…is this what you meant by being angry at them?”

Mark stepped away.

“I had no say in this. It was the decision of the Tuan Group board; I didn’t know you guys didn’t see it coming. Marrying me meant that Tuan Group could get a hold of LLG.” She smiled.

“Right, we didn’t see that. We also didn’t see that you would leave the rest of your uncle and aunts almost penniless.”

“Ma, they still have at least four percent left..of shares.”

“Yes, and your dad has fifteen. Rina, you’re being too obvious. Stop this, honey, please.”

Rina shook her head.

“Ani, I will not bow down to them. This time, they get to bow down to me.”

“Rina, please~”

“Shall we have dinner, eomma?”

 

 

“This is really good, eommonim.” Mark smiled as he put his fork down.

“I’m glad you like it, son-in-law.” Mrs. Lee nodded at him with a warm smile.

“Rina,” Mr. Lee cleared his throat and set his glass down. Rina looked up from her plate.

“When you’re done, come to my office.” He said before standing up and leaving the room without waiting for her reply.

Mark glanced at her briefly, she gave him a smile before leaving her seat and following her father.

Rina shut the door behind her, and faced her parent.

“What is it?”

“What are you doing?”

Rina paused.

“Your..aunts and uncle are angry. Halbae doesn’t know anything yet. But~”

“Halbae has already left all his shares with all of you, none of his assets were touched.” Rina spoke.

“Are you saying that you’re behind this? All of this?” He asked.

“I told you before, pa. If you weren’t going to do anything, then I will.”

“Rina~”

“You are still taking their side, up till now.” She spoke.

“It’s not like that, I~”

“Well, I’m a snake now. I don’t care anymore. If you don’t want to manage LLG Farms, then that’s fine. But, if your siblings still want to talk to me, then tell them don’t.” Rina met his gaze.

“They can try negotiating with Tuan Group, not me. I’m just an employee there.” Rina stated.

“And, I’d love to see them try, let’s see if they can undermine the Tuans.”

“This is being greedy, daughter.”

“Ani, I'm just returning a favor.” She stated before leaving the office.

 

 

“Are you sure?” Mark asked as they pulled over in front of the building, it was Haena’s condo.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll be home before eleven.” She promised, Mark nodded and handed her bag to her.

“Call me.” Mark said before the guard opened the door for her.

I will. Thanks.” Rina squeezed his hand before sliding down the Rolls Royce, Mark watched as she entered the building and crossed the lobby.

He exhaled and looked at his hand.

Sometimes, I doubt whether I can let you go when the time comes.

“To the office, call secretary Ahn for me.” Mark spoke.

“Yes, vice president.”

 

 

Rina reached the third floor and padded towards Haena’s unit, she was about to press the doorbell when the door suddenly opened.

“Jin~”

Jinyoung slammed the door shut and walked past her.

“Oh…I…” Rina blinked as she watched her friend walked towards elevator without looking back.

She pressed the doorbell and Haena answered with in seconds.

“Unnie, come in.” She smiled and let her in.

“Did I come at bad time? Because I just saw Jin~”

“Don’t mention him.” Haena snapped, Rina winced.

“Okay…So, I came here to rant.

“Rant about what? How perfect your life is?” Haena mused, Rina snorted before plopping down on the couch.

“My life is not perfect. Mark is.”

Haena paused, she grinned as she padded down to the kitchen to grab some snacks.

“You just realize that now?” She replied as she returned, Rina grabbed the bag of Lays from her and ripped it open.

“So, today, I transferred most of LLG to him, he told me it made him uncomfortable,”

“I get his point.” Haena nodded. Rina wiped the side of her lips before digging in again.

“And then he transferred some Tuan Group shares to me, I don’t….I don’t exactly…” Rina scrunched her nose. Haena smiled.

“That’s just how he is, unnie. Don’t overthink about it.”

“But still, I think it’s too much.”

Haena sat down and faced her cousin.

“Wae? Did he say anything?”

“Ani, he doesn’t say anything, he just…gets things done and it drives me crazy that he doesn’t say anything.”

Haena chuckled.

Oh, my blind cousin.

“Then there’s nothing to think about. That’s just typical Mark Tuan.”

Rina just leaned back on the couch.

“So, how was dinner with the parents?”

“Appa thinks I’m being too much, even eomma thinks the same.”

“Too much? I don’t think so. What you’re doing is only right.” Haena nodded.

“Right as in Bona tried to pick a fight with me earlier, ask me where.”

“Please don’t tell me~”

“At the company. She tried to pick a fight with me in front of Mark, inside Mark’s company. I have no words.” She chuckled, Haena shook her head.

“She’s been showing off at school lately, even spreading rumors about you.”

“Well, that’s petty.”

“She thinks it was all part of your plan, to steal Mark from her right when the elders were trying to pair them, because you couldn’t handle the fact that she is better than you.”

“But, what if Mark really liked her? And I just got in the way?” Rina bit her lip.

“Then Mark would never have let you propose to him, silly.”

“Hmm, it still doesn’t add up.” Rina mused before standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

Haena sighed and just kicked the pillows in frustration.

“It does add up! He’s only had eyes for you since day one, pabo pabo pabo!”

 

 

Mark looked at his cellphone while fixing himself up a cup of coffee.

Hi.” Rina appeared by the doorway, barefoot and wearing a pair of sweats and a loose shirt.

“It’s a weekend. Should we go bother some of our friends?” Mark asked, Rina lifted herself up on the counter and looked at the screen of his device.

Oh.

“It’s the board. They really enjoy grilling me.”

It’s on Monday, I can~

I can fight this one, R. Don’t worry.” Mark replied before keeping his phone in his pocket.

“But aren’t they pressuring you too much?” She frowned.

They just don’t trust me yet. But~

“We’ll find a way, Tuan. They will eventually trust you and learn not to pester you on weekends.” She mused before taking a sip from his cup. She made a face and returned it to him.

“Jackson wants to eat tonkatsu around Namsan area, should we join?” Rina asked. Mark handed her a plate of toast.

“That doesn’t sound so bad, and I’ve been meaning to tell you that~”

“Good morning, jie!” The youngest Tuan greeted warmly.

“We’ve got company.” Mark finished. Rina grinned and slid down from the counter and ran to hug the younger male.

“Joey!”

 

 

“Well, everyone’s here!” Jackson howled as he slid down from his emerald green Aventador.

Why are they in separate cars?” Mark murmured to Rina as they approached Jackson and Jaebum, she glanced back and saw Haena, still inside her Benz, while Jinyoung was chatting with Joey near Maserati.

“Don’t ask.” She shook her head as they reached their friends.

So, lunch then after?” Rina asked as Jackson looped his arm around hers.

“Lotte World. I need Lotte World.” Haena said as she jogged to them, Rina saw Jinyoung’s eyes follow the younger girl.

“Joey needs to see Lotte World too.” Jackson nodded.

Cool, let’s do it.” Mark replied, and then before anyone could speak, another car joined them. Haena blinked as she looked at the plate number.

“Oh no, no no no.” Haena muttered as she moved towards Jackson, Jaebum looked at her in amusement, and then he saw the male that had just slid down from the black Ferrari.

“What are you~” Rina followed her gaze, her eyes widened.

Jaebum looked at his friend, then at Mark.

“You,” Rina blinked as the male walked to her with a smile on his face, Mark’s forehead creased.

 

 

“Noona, it’s been a while.” He greeted before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++