011

Never Ever

 

Senior Year, 20XX

 

 

“Marry me.”

As soon as the words left , Rina realized the weight of the things she just said.

What I meant was, that~

Mark’s smile made her pause.

Mark, please don’t~

Mark then took hold of her wrist and started pulling her back to the house.

 

 

The doors were opened so quickly that most of the guests in the living room halted.

Mark’s scanned the room for the person he was looking for her.

Bona paused and picked up her glass of wine, she watched as Mark pulled her older cousin with him across the hall, then they halted in front of Rina’s father.

“Are you two trying to escape again?” Uncle Lee grinned as he faced his daughter and her good friend.

“No, appa, Mark~”

Shūshu, qǐng ràng wǒ qǔ nǐ de nǚ'ér.

Bona froze.

Uncle, please let me marry your daughter.

Rina’s eyes doubled in size, everyone had heard and understood what Mark had just said.

“Uh..” Her father blinked in surprise.

Mark’s smile was warm as he pulled Rina forward and took her hand in his.

Rina glanced back when she heard something behind them fall on the marble floor.

“Well…Mark, it depends on her.” Her father nodded, Rina saw her mother’s brows met briefly but she just gave her a warm smile.

“Only if she says yes, Mark. I know you’re a good man.” Mr. Lee said to him.

Mark faced Rina, her eyes narrowed at him.

“What do you say, R?”

I am so going to kill you.

“Yes.”

 

 

“You!” Rina snapped as soon as they stepped out of the house, Mark chuckled as he walked towards his car.

“R, you asked for it.” He grinned.

“Yes, but I didn’t ask you to just announce it like that!”

Mark glanced at her.

“We should have a thorough plan, and yet, you just~”

“Asked for your hand in front of your family, which is a very proper thing to do.” Mark pointed out with a proud smile on his face.

“Mark Yi En Tuan~”

Hey, you already said yes.” Mark mused, she sighed.

Mark just smiled before opening one arm to her.

Mark, I swear, you can be such a pain sometimes.” She muttered before wrapping her arms around his waist, he smiled before kissing the side of her head.

“Anything for my princess.” He cooed, Rina grunted.

You said you wanted to get back at them, this is how you get what you want, R.” Mark said quietly, her brows met briefly but she just nodded.

So, ring shopping tomorrow?” Mark asked brightly, Rina pulled back from him.

“Don’t start.” She warned before getting inside his Maserati.

 

 

Bona’s grip on the curtain tightened as she watched the blue Maserati speed away from the property.

“You should never have done that.”

She glanced back, only to find her older brother standing behind her.

“Oppa, you saw what she just did. She stole him from me.”

Minhyuk shook his head; his eyes went to the housemaid sweeping the fragments of Bona’s wineglass.

“He never belonged to you, Bona. You don’t to get to own people.”

“Oppa, you always take her side!”

“I don’t, I’m just saying, you and abeoji miscalculated things this time. Noona won.”

“Do you think that the Tuans would even accept her?” Bona snorted.

“We’ll never know, Bona.”

Minhyuk glanced at the windows before stepping away.

 

 

Oh, Rina, dear, I’m so happy!” Mrs. Tuan cheered as she stepped in the house, Rina just swallowed and mustered up a smile.

M—me too, auntie,” She smiled before letting the elder embrace her warmly.

It was right of you to ask her in front of the family, Mark, I did raise you well.” She mused before patting her son’s hand.

“Too well,” Rina chimed while sending Mark a look.

I feel bad, I kept on pushing you towards Bona, I didn’t know you two had things going on.” She frowned.

It’s okay, auntie. We didn’t want~

They looked up as Mr. Tuan entered the room. Rina smiled at him.

“I heard the news,” He said as he approached the three.

Pa,” Mark nodded to him.

You don’t know how relieved I am, Rina,” He started before taking the girl’s hand, Rina blinked, even Mark was confused.

What do you mean, uncle?

He cupped Rina’s cheek briefly.

I’ve always wanted a daughter-in-law like you, I was just too shy to tell Mark.” He whispered childishly.

Pa, I can hear you.” Mark said dryly, they chuckled.

But seriously, thank you, Rina. For accepting my son.” The elder smiled at her.

And, welcome to the family, darling.” Mrs. Tuan chimed.

Rina nodded and glanced at Mark, he just grinned at her.

 

 

“Welcome to the family, wifey.” He hummed and ran to the kitchen before Rina could hit his arm.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I'm back :>